Does Your Dog Eat Grass?

Does your dog eat grass?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Does your dog eat grass?

• No
    • Yes
  2. 2. If your dog eats grass do you feed food processed veggies & fruit as a normal part of their diet?

• Yes
    • No
    • N/A - My dog doesn't eat grass

my dogs love a munch on the grass. I don't feed them any fruit or veg. They get chicken frames, lamb flaps, ox heart and liver, giblets, kangaroo mince and Artemis grain free kibble. Sometimes they eat a bit of egg and dairy (cheese sprinkled on their mince or left over milk from my bowl :thumbsup: )

Next batch of mince I get, I'm going to grate up some raw carrot, broccoli, spinach and pumpkin and mix it in to see if they will eat it.

They don't like vegies and the only fruit they are interested in is grapes so they dont have it :thumbsup:

Guest belgian.blue

Ivy eats grass and gets raw/steamed veggies sometimes, like twice a fortnight.

Normally when left over or if carrot falls on the floor while I'm cooking - like this evening! She really like raw apple too, normally getting that when my parrots get fruit.

Yes to grass

and yes to processed/minced raw veg :happydance:

Normally he will just nibble on it without a problem, but if he has a bit of an unsettled tummy (like first thing this morning, after having his Sentinel tablet last night) he will gorge himself on grass and then poop it out :cry:

My dogs eat grass and lots of other plants/weeds they sniff out themselves (clivers, wild mustard). They also love raw veggies, pumpkin, carrots, lettuce, any of the cabbage family, tomatoes, bananas, apples, pears, nectarines, watermelon and cantaloupe skins, I find it harder to say what they wont eat. I dont have a food processor though so I couldn't do the poll.

seeing what my dogs choose to eat themselves is the reason why I dont agree with an all meat diet.

3176338680_a906f68c03_b.jpg

Puck with the remains of stolen nectarines "sorry mummy"

IMG_2771tcs.jpg

and Tag "am I in trouble?"

IMG_2774tcs.jpg

Puck stealing my rocket even through the wire I'd tried to protect it with.

IMG_0839c.jpg

Kibah eating wild mustard, a weed at the park

IMG_0524.jpg

and clivers

IMG_0526_1.jpg

Edited by Kirislin