Cocker Spaniel Slow Eat Bowl?

Hi!

My 3 1/2 month old cocker spaniel eats like a vacuum cleaner! He eats so fast!

I have noticed now he smells like vomit a lot.

Originally I thought it may be because of traveling in the car- which I think does make him nauseous- but he's now getting the "sicks" after eating.

So I was wondering two things...

Is there a "Slow-Eat" Bowl out there specifically for Cocker Spaniels i.e. Long and thin so the ears fall either side of the bowl?

Or

Is there anything that I can give him to reduce the "sicks" (he doesn't like ginger)

thanks for any feedback!

regards,

Jane

Most puppies and dog eat thier food, if it is easily eaten, in seemingly one gulp.

What is it that you feed?

His reflux could be just because he is a puppy and something he will grow out of. Or it could be his food not agreeing with him.

I've got 2 Cockers and they :rofl: food!!!!! There's no such thing called a 'slow eat' bowl in their eyes!

You can get 'Cocker Spaniel' bowls that's designed to help keep their ears out of the bowl.......

Stainless Steel Spaniel Bowl .90 Lt from Pets on the Park (http://www.petsonthepark.com.au/category76_1.htm)

Embossed Stainless Steel Cocker Bowl from OzPetShop (http://www.ozpetshop.com.au/product_info.p...products_id/779)

I have the bowls from Pets on the Park. While it doesn't look like it does the job, it seems to be doing ok for my 2 (they're 4 years old).

Another option instead of buying special eating bowls is to buy them snoods.........

I second the suggestion of a snood to keep ears out of food (and water).

For the gulping, you could try putting a large, smooth rock in the bowl. This often works for a piggy eater. They have to slow down to eat their food from around and under the rock.

Thanks for all the ideas everyone!

I might try the rock first! That one is free!

then the slow eat bowl etc....

snoods are so cute- they look like they are off to have a shower!!!

thanks again

Jane

i have the same problem with my foxy cross, he eats way to fast, and then once he is done he goes to try and find more food. i think they will grow out of it though the older they get.