What Is The Procedure For Getting A Title?

Hi all,

Peebs has three quallies in novice jumping, and so I would like to get his title. Does anyone know what the procedure is from here? Do I need to send the cards in to someone?

Ta

Gail

Download the title application from from the Dogs ACT website, fill it in and either send it or take it out there in person. :laugh:

We have to fill in the CAWA paperwork and either photocopy our 3 qually cards or take the 3 cards into the Canine Office. At one stage we were also having to provide our registration paperwork for the dog as well, but they seem to have let this one slip of late.

Oh and don't forget the required fee - ours is currently $17.30 and an extra $3 if you want it laminated or $2 if you want the certificate posted out.

Well done on your title!

Oh and don't forget the required fee - ours is currently $17.30 and an extra $3 if you want it laminated or $2 if you want the certificate posted out.

I sent off for mine (well, Ruby's!) last week and received it this week, laminated and all :laugh::(

I showed Ruby and she didn't seem to care all that much :wave:

Thanks everyone!

Turns out that Dogs ACT only has one form for titles, so I have to fill in the one for conformation titles, and just leave the bits where it asks for points blank.

Costs $18 here. Plus another $18 for a sash (if you want one). I dont think we get a separate certificate though :D. The person from Dogs ACT I spoke to said they just send out a new copy of his registration certificate, but this one will have his title after his name.

Cant wait to get it :birthday:

Thanks everyone!

Turns out that Dogs ACT only has one form for titles, so I have to fill in the one for conformation titles, and just leave the bits where it asks for points blank.

Costs $18 here. Plus another $18 for a sash (if you want one). I dont think we get a separate certificate though :D. The person from Dogs ACT I spoke to said they just send out a new copy of his registration certificate, but this one will have his title after his name.

Cant wait to get it :birthday:

It's all very exciting - well done!

I thought all ANKC affiliates issued a Title Certificate as well as the new Certificate of Registration. And at least some issue a Breeder's certificate as well, certifying the dog (with title) was bred by ...... My agility girl's breeder likes to keep those - which I think is pretty good.

I dont think we get a separate certificate though :laugh:. The person from Dogs ACT I spoke to said they just send out a new copy of his registration certificate, but this one will have his title after his name.

Yes you will get a certificate. The choice is the ACT are:

$18.00 - gets you the dogs rego papers (with the new title on it) and a title certificate.

post-5267-1243913521_thumb.jpg[

Add $5.00 and get a breeders certificate as well. (Don't have one of these scanned)

Add $18.00 and get a sash with the dogs name and title.

• 1 month later...

Are you Serious. . Does dogs nsw send you a new cert? Cos i have just been thru the biggest drama with them trying so register a title. . I sent them the Paperwork and copies of the cards and they refused to do anything till i Sent the rego cert to them. . But of course on one told me this till the 3rd time i tried. . And now they lost the paper work and i have a feeling during all the moving my cards went. . So basicaly were doing our jd title again. . Its getting rather frustrating.. Cos i just got taken for a real run around. . Oh yes we have all the paper work we'll hold onto it. . Blah blah blah. . Hopefully cccq will be better to me

Are you Serious. . Does dogs nsw send you a new cert? Cos i have just been thru the biggest drama with them trying so register a title. . I sent them the Paperwork and copies of the cards and they refused to do anything till i Sent the rego cert to them. . But of course on one told me this till the 3rd time i tried. . And now they lost the paper work and i have a feeling during all the moving my cards went. . So basicaly were doing our jd title again. . Its getting rather frustrating.. Cos i just got taken for a real run around. . Oh yes we have all the paper work we'll hold onto it. . Blah blah blah. . Hopefully cccq will be better to me

Thats exactly what has happened to me! Peebs wont get his title (apparently) until I surrender his registration certificate to Dogs ACT, BUT there was no mention at all of this on the website or in any of the paperwork I have filled out. So he's still just a dawg, not a titled sports star!

Thats exactly what has happened to me! Peebs wont get his title (apparently) until I surrender his registration certificate to Dogs ACT, BUT there was no mention at all of this on the website or in any of the paperwork I have filled out. So he's still just a dawg, not a titled sports star!

Gail, its the first point at the top of the awards application form:

1. You MUST attach attach the Certficate of Registration to this application for title or award.

• 1 month later...

Wow, you guys can apply to get a sash with the dog's name and all on it? Awww I'm jealous!

Here in WA, to my knowledge, you pay to get your title certificate, but if you want to get your dog's registration certificate redone with your dog's new title printed on it, that's an additional fee. I just paid to get the title certificate and will get the new registration certificate at a later date once we (hopefully) gain some more titles. I didn't even think if not having her registration certificate updated or not would cause issues? :mad

Edited by RubyStar

I got my titiles then re-applied for the new rego certificate, because I was hoping to get more than just the one. I definatley didn't send off the rego certificate, just copies of the qualifiying cards and the application form with required info for payment.

The only one that was a bit of a hassle was her ROM certificate, I had to send certified copies of everything and it took forever to get her title back as I didn't know but it had to go to the National bodies once a year or something meeting, then get signed by a few different people and one didn't send it one etc. But we got it eventually :rofl: