hoping for some feed back thank you

cheers nicole

I have attached photos

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Nicole, welcome to the forum. :laugh:

I'd say that was pretty large for a purebred Staffordshire Bull Terrier (= proper name for an "english staffy") Where did you get him from & did you see his parents?

He's a very handsome pup regardless!

Edited by Staranais

Hi Nicole, welcome to the forum. :laugh:

I'd say that was pretty large for a purebred Staffordshire Bull Terrier (= proper name for an "english staffy") Where did you get him from & did you see his parents?

He's a very handsome pup regardless!

THANK YOU,

yes we love him dearly, i got him from western sydney. he was a litter of ten, he was the only one that colour,

he was the biggest of the litter, but they were all huge and tan in colour. i seen his mother but am still waiting for photos of the father. nj is my second staffy my first, tyson was that tall fully grown. NJ is handsome with an attuide to go with it. he has many staffy traites his height is a bit of a worry !

Well I'm no expert, but if his mum looked like a staffy, then perhaps his dad might have been a crossbreed? Because that really is pretty big for a young staffy - even full grown staffies aren't supposed to be that heavy, and he's only 6 months old!

He's certainly a cutie though, thanks for posting pictures. He looks like quite a character. :laugh:

If you're curious, you could always post a "guess the breed" thread in the general forum, and people will have a go at guessing what else (besides staffy) they think might be in him. Though without getting papers from a registered breeder, there's really no way of knowing for sure who his ancestors were.

Well I'm no expert, but if his mum looked like a staffy, then perhaps his dad might have been a crossbreed? Because that really is pretty big for a young staffy - even full grown staffies aren't supposed to be that heavy, and he's only 6 months old!

He's certainly a cutie though, thanks for posting pictures. He looks like quite a character. :)

If you're curious, you could always post a "guess the breed" thread in the general forum, and people will have a go at guessing what else (besides staffy) they think might be in him. Though without getting papers from a registered breeder, there's really no way of knowing for sure who his ancestors were.

here are some photos of his litter. he is the light colour one.

He is very, very cute - but, I can't see him as full staffy - there looks like something else in there - boxer (?), bullmastiff (?), not sure.

As huski said, unless he came with proper pedigree papers, then there is no way of knowing if he is pure bred or not :)

i seem to keep reading boxer ? bullmastiff ? whats next ?

i know what he is. i just want to know if that size is ok at that age

Hi njstaffy,

As huski said, do you have pedigree papers for your boy? If not, unfortunately there is no way to know for sure if he is 100% Staffordshire Bull Terrier or not. Did you see both the sire and dam of the litter?

i know what he is.

Unfortunately, unless you were present at the mating,have pedigree papers, or have DNA done, you cannot know for certain :D

As you know , bitches can be mated by more than one dog- and have pups to different fathers.

While she may well have been mated to a purebred staffy- an accident could well have happened as well.

As you have no absolute proof ... until he is fully grown, it could be a guessing game.

He does seem large.

Though without getting papers from a registered breeder, there's really no way of knowing for sure who his ancestors were.

He is beautiful, and will fill your heart , big or small :)

IMO he doesn't look pure.. he is lovely though.

He looks way too big to me.

ETA most staffys aren't 23kg as full grown adults, they're usually around the 16kg mark.

Edited by Kyra

IMO he doesn't look pure.. he is lovely though.

He looks way too big to me.

ETA most staffys aren't 23kg as full grown adults, they're usually around the 16kg mark.

my first staffy tyson pure breed with papers full weight was 36kgs in prime at 4 years old his height was 18"

photos above when he died he was 9 1/2 y old weight was 35kgs

Sorry but that's no Staffordshire Bull Terrier puppy, he's a cross bred of some sort , quite possibly with SBT in it.

Pups vary depending on the lines and the type, my two 6 month olds are just under and just over 15 inches, they are around 13-14kgs, both have just about finished growing in terms of height.

A standard SBT is 16 inches or under and around 17kgs. There are some larger dogs at 17 inches but 19 inches :)

Yep looking at the second lot of pics you've posted of him I would say he is definitely not purebred. He looks like he has mastiff or dane in him. There is no way he is pure stafford.

He looks like an American Staffordshire Terrier to me, especially when I look at the ways the ears fold. English Staff's ears - the fold is quite tight, whereas the Am Staff ears fold is looser and doesn't overlap quite as closely. His height and weight would be ok for an Am Staff but he seems to have too much bone/height for an English Staff.

He looks like an American Staffordshire Terrier to me, especially when I look at the ways the ears fold. English Staff's ears - the fold is quite tight, whereas the Am Staff ears fold is looser and doesn't overlap quite as closely. His height and weight would be ok for an Am Staff but he seems to have too much bone/height for an English Staff.

THANK YOU

you seem to know what you are talking about

his father is a very big boy his mother had a bit more legs on here

so thank you