Funny Noises While Sleeping

Jetty

My pup seems to make these funny noises when he sleeps. I have only just realised it over the weekend coz he has slept in our room coz he is injured and needed to be crated. it sounds alot like the hiccups but isnt. Does anyone elses puppy do this? Is it a health concern or is it nothing?

Totally normal and puppies and younger dogs will do so more the older ones. Part of their body growing and learning. I believe it is to do with REM sleep. As well as the yips and other sounds they will have often have body twitches.

Edited by puggy_puggy

My pup seems to make these funny noises when he sleeps. I have only just realised it over the weekend coz he has slept in our room coz he is injured and needed to be crated. it sounds alot like the hiccups but isnt. Does anyone elses puppy do this? Is it a health concern or is it nothing?

My puppy makes those noises too, plus he snores and does other weird noises.

Yep. Our little Beagle pup "Bailey" is 8 Weeks old and she SNORES!!!! Louder than an average human! And she dreams..... Just before when i got home from work she was asleep in her bed downstairs shaking up and down like she was running and playing... Must have been a good dream! Its very cute. And well as far as ive heard. Very common.