Hitting The Ring For The First Time

angelsophie

hey all... Willow's first show is fast approaching... my anxiety seems to be increasing day by day. She'll be the only LH Wei entered in the Castle Hill show on Saturday..... here's hoping she stays still long enough for the judge to have a look at her. 21 in baby sweepstakes.... what's the usual entry?? There didn't seem to be a lot entered for CH overall.

Chances are you will be following me in with a pointer :)

So if you need any help just let me know :rofl:

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hey all... Willow's first show is fast approaching... my anxiety seems to be increasing day by day. She'll be the only LH Wei entered in the Castle Hill show on Saturday..... here's hoping she stays still long enough for the judge to have a look at her. 21 in baby sweepstakes.... what's the usual entry?? There didn't seem to be a lot entered for CH overall.

Chances are you will be following me in with a pointer :rofl:

Good lord...all I have to say now is good luck with that Goldenwei :rofl::)

Edited by sammy_ballerina

Chances are you will be following me in with a pointer :)

If you could have your pointer baby be really naughty for me that would be great... that way when Willow is misbehaving we won't look so bad :rofl:

Oh, and she's pretty small still so no running too fast. lol

Good luck with that first show, Goldenwei. You'll be fine - and wonder what you were worried about when it's over!

Yes please to the tarp, Bec! I'll probably come in sometime Fri afternoon to put the gazebo up as we are in EARLY on Saturday with the "A" pup! Why couldn't they have been called Italian Shepherds or Spanish Shepherds (I think that's closer to their origins than Australian Shepherd!)??? Greg is coming to watch Dragon's first show, and hopefully the kids may visit their Nan! :rofl: I'm getting stressed already - usually I only have a min pin to wipe over, but for this show I have an Aussie pup and a Maremma pup (who is WHITE ALL OVER). :)

If you could have your pointer baby be really naughty for me that would be great... that way when Willow is misbehaving we won't look so bad :rofl:

No No you want the pointee puppy to behave so that he doesnt distract Willow :) If pointee puppy is super naughty she will prolly think OHHHH play time :rofl:

Good lord...all I have to say now is good luck with that Goldenwei :rofl::)

Oh you!! How Rude :rofl:

No No you want the pointee puppy to behave so that he doesnt distract Willow :) If pointee puppy is super naughty she will prolly think OHHHH play time :rofl:

lol, ok. she'll prolly think its playtime anyway though

Naughty yep, behave hmmm depends on his mood :rofl:

So are you all organised as to where you are going, and your show gear???

If you need help... just look for the Orange tent... very hard to miss us :rofl:

If you could have your pointer baby be really naughty for me that would be great... that way when Willow is misbehaving we won't look so bad :D

Naughty yep, behave hmmm depends on his mood :rofl:

If you need help... just look for the Orange tent... very hard to miss us :rofl:

:rofl: hard to miss thats an understandment...its practically GLOWS!!! I want a pretty brightly coloured gazebo...THIS colour would be fun and very easy to see! :rofl:

Naughty yep, behave hmmm depends on his mood :)

Thanks heaps for that. Yeah we are kind of all organised. I got a gazebo on the weekend, I was going to wait and just use my old tent, but they were on special so thought what the hell. If you see two people struggling to put up a compact gazebo you'll know its us!!! I really just need to organise what I am going to wear on my feet.... once I get there, will probably start panicking about what I need to do, ie. catalog and what happens if I win, assuming we don't get a non award, I assume I'll need to get a certificate or something for winning baby puppy of breed???

I do have a show lead for her but she chews it more than the normal lead and collar, so might just leave her on her normal one for the moment, unless that's really frowned upon??

Naughty yep, behave hmmm depends on his mood :laugh:

If you need help... just look for the Orange tent... very hard to miss us :laugh:

Thanks heaps for that. Yeah we are kind of all organised. I got a gazebo on the weekend, I was going to wait and just use my old tent, but they were on special so thought what the hell. If you see two people struggling to put up a compact gazebo you'll know its us!!! I really just need to organise what I am going to wear on my feet.... once I get there, will probably start panicking about what I need to do, ie. catalog and what happens if I win, assuming we don't get a non award, I assume I'll need to get a certificate or something for winning baby puppy of breed???

I do have a show lead for her but she chews it more than the normal lead and collar, so might just leave her on her normal one for the moment, unless that's really frowned upon??

Well we will be there bright and early in our tent that resembles a highlighter!!

Ok shoes go on your feet :shrug: Just wear something comfortable with a bit of grip so you dont slip over.

Catalogues are collected from a window in the big shed (which will be right behind the gundog ring).

Highly doubt that you will get non awarded, but be sure to tell the judge that its yours and Willows first show. He's a nice judge and great with Newbies so I'm sure you will be fine.

If you win you will get a ribbon, no certificates need to be collected until she is 6months and wins a Challenge.

As for leads just use what works for, but you will find that most people use a paracord lead or a chain. I have a few different types of leads if you want to try before you by :rofl:

:shrug: hard to miss thats an understandment...its practically GLOWS!!! I want a pretty brightly coloured gazebo...THIS colour would be fun and very easy to see! :laugh:

Hey Ash... I know where you can get one that colour :laugh:

Edited by Aspyre

Well we will be there bright and early in our tent that resembles a highlighter!!

Ok shoes go on your feet :laugh: Just wear something comfortable with a bit of grip so you dont slip over.

Catalogues are collected from a window in the big shed (which will be right behind the gundog ring).

Highly doubt that you will get non awarded, but be sure to tell the judge that its yours and Willows first show. He's a nice judge and great with Newbies so I'm sure you will be fine.

If you win you will get a ribbon, no certificates need to be collected until she is 6months and wins a Challenge.

As for leads just use what works for, but you will find that most people use a paracord lead or a chain. I have a few different types of leads if you want to try before you by :laugh:

cool, thanks. Feel a bit better now. Taking her to show training tonight though so I may not be feeling so good after that!!! I was supposed to go last week but had only just vaccinated her so thought I'd leave it another week.

:shrug: hard to miss thats an understandment...its practically GLOWS!!! I want a pretty brightly coloured gazebo...THIS colour would be fun and very easy to see! :laugh:

:rofl: Really? what about this colour?

:rofl: Really? what about this colour?

Yep :) or even This & This together!!!