angelsophie

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

bec hows the boy today?

only occaisionally limping so better. aparently has walked fine all day till he tried to nick off with some of alexs undies!!! hes not on complete rest - small stretch on lead is ok but I dont think I'll show him tomorrow even though the vet said ok. apart from not being 100% I'd have to groom him and really I would be showing and grooming him for me only - and that isnt fair. We will have to be patient and wait for those last few elusive points. Better to have my boy 100 percent than risk delaying his recovery. I dont want him to get his title going round the ring under par :(

would anybody like to come and tell him he is injured though he doesnt seem to get the concept :mad He stood like a rock on the table at the vet and the vet commented how good he was and how he doesnt give much away. I thought later how useful all his ring and crate training has been :laugh: standing still and rock solid in a stack to be examined despite being injured and opens his mouth for his medicine so well :)

are all the others read for the ring??

That's horrible about poor tobes :)

I hope he is feeling better soon poor little man, lots extra cuddles I bet! Is he being waited on more then usual?!

I guess I'll see youse tomorrow! We might just squeeze somewhere in the utility ring I'll just setp up his crate under some shade or something I don't want to be a bother!

I took him to the beach today and there was a horse there, he kept following it up and down the beach, and was cocking his leg on it's legs I was so embarrassed! :laugh: ...I also got asked what he was crossed with, if there was some lab in him!!! I was mortified! LOL

Oh no!!! Poor Tobe!! He's supposed to be strutting this weekend. I hope he is feeling better very quickly.

Sorry about all your other sad news, Bec. :) It will still be lovely to see you tomorrow, though.

I did set up in the middle today - hoped I was in the right spot! I left a bit of a gap between my spot & yours Bec so that a trolley will fit through.

Chester had another ivermectin shot today and he now has hair growing back so I think he is on the mend. Aurea has had some extra handling, so I hope she behaves a bit better in the ring tomorrow.

Off to get kids to bed and wash dogs.

Has anyone seen how many shows are on over the next couple of months up this way????? HEAPS!!! :laugh:

That's horrible about poor tobes :)

I hope he is feeling better soon poor little man, lots extra cuddles I bet! Is he being waited on more then usual?!

I guess I'll see youse tomorrow! We might just squeeze somewhere in the utility ring I'll just setp up his crate under some shade or something I don't want to be a bother!

I took him to the beach today and there was a horse there, he kept following it up and down the beach, and was cocking his leg on it's legs I was so embarrassed! :) ...I also got asked what he was crossed with, if there was some lab in him!!! I was mortified! LOL

:):mad:(

I hope you told them he was a pug cross lab, Jess! :laugh:

hey everybody!

What do you think?!?!?!

just been doing a check out of all the lovely new Snazzy Pooch leads on Facebook - this is one of their stunning new designs - Stunning Leather lead - just had to share it with you all! :laugh:

24318_109054779111910_100000221649623_234505_2652195_n.jpg

Very pretty sevannah, Im going to get kite one soonish. Might order one this weekend actually if i can figure out what style i want her on. I think mum will be picking up the two she ordered the other weekend for the pug boys!

Hi Jess,

I think it must be.

How did Leo go on Saturday morning? I didn't get a chance to catch up with you again.

Thanks Deb :laugh: I was hoping it was this week cause I would have made it! But I will be there in the hols! (It is on in the hols right?)

How was Aurea?? And the rest of the day for you'se?

I went down to the working ring once we were done but I couldn't find you. The other bully boy there was Aus Grand Champ...So needless to say he beat us haha. And one of her bitches beat us, so we only got our class. Leo was being really naughty, he wouldn't stack because he was being a princess about the wet grass. But, once we were over, the lady came and talked to me (I had heard not always nice things so didn't know what to expect) but she told me Leo was stunning. She looked him over and said he had a beautiful mouth etc, and we are going to have a lot of fun together and once he matures a bit more he will do a lot in the ring. She even went as far as to say if he was a little more mature he woulda whooped her boys ass :laugh: ..She asked me if i'd entered the bully speciality (and we aren't :laugh: ..I'm just way too much of a sook to drive in Syd on my own) and she got a bit cranky that we werent and told me she would take my entries now if I change my mind! So, I was stoked, and it was a morning worth going even if we didn't do a lot!

How were the balloons at the picnic?! Work said it was a hit ...And so was their tent haha, and even brought me back a bag of goodies I was stoked! Hopefully i'll make it to the next doggie day out or something...Although, my weekends are pretty much non existant at the moment!!

Hi Jess,

I think it must be.

How did Leo go on Saturday morning? I didn't get a chance to catch up with you again.

Thanks Deb :laugh: I was hoping it was this week cause I would have made it! But I will be there in the hols! (It is on in the hols right?)

How was Aurea?? And the rest of the day for you'se?

I went down to the working ring once we were done but I couldn't find you. The other bully boy there was Aus Grand Champ...So needless to say he beat us haha. And one of her bitches beat us, so we only got our class. Leo was being really naughty, he wouldn't stack because he was being a princess about the wet grass. But, once we were over, the lady came and talked to me (I had heard not always nice things so didn't know what to expect) but she told me Leo was stunning. She looked him over and said he had a beautiful mouth etc, and we are going to have a lot of fun together and once he matures a bit more he will do a lot in the ring. She even went as far as to say if he was a little more mature he woulda whooped her boys ass :laugh: ..She asked me if i'd entered the bully speciality (and we aren't :laugh: ..I'm just way too much of a sook to drive in Syd on my own) and she got a bit cranky that we werent and told me she would take my entries now if I change my mind! So, I was stoked, and it was a morning worth going even if we didn't do a lot!

How were the balloons at the picnic?! Work said it was a hit ...And so was their tent haha, and even brought me back a bag of goodies I was stoked! Hopefully i'll make it to the next doggie day out or something...Although, my weekends are pretty much non existant at the moment!!

I didn't end up doing balloons as no-one could find them, but we stayed for a while and watched our obedience club go through their paces and had a chat to a few people that I ran into. It was very hot, and I had our two youngest kids with me and there was no stand there with ice-creams so we had to leave a bit earlier than I had planned.

That's great that you had a good morning with Leo - we knew he had class so I'm glad to hear that someone else told you so as well! Aurea was lovely this weekend. She stood nicely for the judges and managed to trot instead of pace around the ring. I think show training and some extra work at home paid off in boosting her confidence. It's just a bit harder with a breed that doesn't want to be everybody's lapdog. :laugh: She did particularly like the afternoon judge, however, and even stepped towards her looking for more pats - a nice change from last weekend when she was wanting to run and hide. Group was a bit much for her and she ended up flopping onto the grass. She wasn't in with a chance so I just let her relax. I did worry that maybe that wasn't paying much respect to the judge, but I just want Aurea to enjoy herself at the moment and not feel too pressured.

Oh, i'm so happy for ya's :p :cry: So you will keep getting her out there, not worrying about the lankyness? :mad I can't wait to see her grow into a big beautiful girl. Leo flops himself on the ground all the time, I hope the judges don't think we're being disrespectful, cause once it's down it's mighty hard to get him up.. I hope he grows out of the habit, I need to find away to get more energy into him :( ..Either that or he learns soon what he is supposed to do in there!

It was really hot on sunday, I doubt I would have stayed long either. Was it much different to the doggie day out?? What was this one for?

Oh, i'm so happy for ya's :p :cry: So you will keep getting her out there, not worrying about the lankyness? :mad I can't wait to see her grow into a big beautiful girl. Leo flops himself on the ground all the time, I hope the judges don't think we're being disrespectful, cause once it's down it's mighty hard to get him up.. I hope he grows out of the habit, I need to find away to get more energy into him :( ..Either that or he learns soon what he is supposed to do in there!

It was really hot on sunday, I doubt I would have stayed long either. Was it much different to the doggie day out?? What was this one for?

This was Hunter Animal Rescue's picnic day/fundraiser. It was a nice day out, but I didn't take a dog so felt a bit naked! ;)

This was Hunter Animal Rescue's picnic day/fundraiser. It was a nice day out, but I didn't take a dog so felt a bit naked! :thumbsup:

:( I thought HAR did the doggie day out?

Haha, bet you woulda felt naked without a dog in tow!! I feel like that sometimes, because i'm at work with the dogs, im at home with the dogs and when I do my work experience i'm with them too so when I go out without any i'm a little lost :eek: ..Though, I must admit, i'm always taking them with me. I think my friends get embarrassed i'm constantly covered in dog hair or saliva.

Is anyone going to the 3rd April Gladstone show? Will be my first show, so i'm very nervous, and it would be nice to meet another DOL'er for even a gram of support! :thumbsup:

Not toooo many QLD dolers in this thread, most hail from newcastle/sydney or the lower states like Vic, I "think" franCQ has started showing her lappy up in QLD, not sure if she shows in the same region as you thou, and then theres pointerrule who has pointers obvious lol and shes showing up in QLD but again not sure what areas perhaps send each a message? Their just the first two that spring to mind! :eek:

But please feel free to post in here and stuff the more newbies the better! :(

ETA a piccy of your boy would be nice too :walkdog:

Edited by sammy_ballerina