Hitting The Ring For The First Time

angelsophie

well its about time LOTG - where are you hiding all the vic newbies?? Maybe we have it all wrong maybe you need to get to training and recruit the newbies to DOL :)

saw the pics of lola in the other thread her coat is looking great!

Bec

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks AS :laugh: Her breeder is happy so I'm happy. We're over a third of the way to title and we've got another 6 shows already entered... and I'm hoping that the more coat she has, the better she'll do. We're still a long way off a full coat still... I know we started behind the 8 ball, but now it's getting annoying since I'm getting more serious about it... lol.

She's getting much happier in the ring, but I need to do some more training with her with stacking etc.

We're not doing too badly.

Edited by Lady of the Ghans

LOTG or Evolving will either of you be at the Sunbury show or the Colac two day show? These are my first two shows and I am getting nervous.

I'm not going to Sunbury, but I submitted an entry (albeit late) to the first day of Colac. Just a warning, I've heard that the numbers are quite low for Colac so make sure you get there in plenty of time to set up.

LOTG or Evolving will either of you be at the Sunbury show or the Colac two day show? These are my first two shows and I am getting nervous.

When is the Sunbury show?

Echo is still a while from showing as I need to wait on heaps of paperwork for her to be even eligable.

I live in Sunbury so could come give some moral support if you like.

The show at Sunbury is the 26th. I am already getting nervous and it feels daunting, I am sure I will get in the swing of things when there. I would love the support if you arent busy.

I am not busy that day so should be able to come and watch. Not that I know anything.

Edited by Evolving

We will be at training TUESDAY night not tomoro night silly!!! (theres a small chance we may have to miss it but hopefully not)

Next shows for us are gunnedah, then morriset then I'm not sure, I think theres a few Hills ones in one weekend...with international judges we will be doing most of those!

:laugh: .......what day is it.................... :laugh:

lol ash

we are doing the hills shows too :cry: toby misses you lot so will take him to training if youre not there I will have one unhappy Hav. so cuteso kiterbum peach and chase better be there. going to do groceries today so will pick up sparky a treat :(:thumbsup:

Maybe I'll leave a litle trail to the car ......... :thumbsup: at least ya know where to find him. although with the new baby hanging off tobes coat maybe I shall rethink it. She has fire in her belly she just told toby off because he had the hide to take back one of his many things she has stolen :laugh: poor sparky would be quickly told too!

:laugh: You are going to have an extra shadow on Tuesday night Bec

We have gunnedah, then only the sunday Morisset show, then gilgandra, and taking time off work to do the four hillsborough shows!

Hi All,

I'm probably adding a pup to our family that *may* be of show quality.

Anyway, I'm wondering if there's anywhere in the western suburbs of Melbourne where show training takes place, as I'm a total newbie to showing. And I think that I'll need all the help I can get. I've had a quick look through this topic, but it's too long to go through properly!

Thanks in advance

Nik

Edited to add: I know it's on a Bulla, but that's a good hours drive for me, as is KCC park (although that's probably further)

Edited by Nik

How did Stroud show go???

Fun times, but not a great deal of winning for us lot. Mums baby pug won his class which had three other dogs then also beat the bitch for baby of breed, we are happy with this as there are some top pug babies around atm, as the judge awarded him baby of breed he said "I'm going to give it to the dog because even thou hes going thru the ganglies his head is just stunning"! :cry:

Kite preformed really well but got beat by her mother and another bitch owned by her breeder which was fine with me LOL I was just happy Kite behaved after have a few weeks off because of an injury!

Was a good show thou I think we might camp next year and hang round for the rodeo...looked like abit of fun!

Best in show was an afghan, cant remember what runner up was...Dotty might remember :thumbsup: !

Hi All,

I'm probably adding a pup to our family that *may* be of show quality.

Anyway, I'm wondering if there's anywhere in the western suburbs of Melbourne where show training takes place, as I'm a total newbie to showing. And I think that I'll need all the help I can get. I've had a quick look through this topic, but it's too long to go through properly!

Thanks in advance

Nik

Edited to add: I know it's on a Bulla, but that's a good hours drive for me, as is KCC park (although that's probably further)

:cry: Yay!!!

Cant help on Lessons but someone who knows may come along if there arnt any lessons close by could you put the word out on the show forum maybe someone close top you who has your breed or knows abit about showing your breed can help you out with some private lessons? :thumbsup:

Thanx Ash, knew someone would know! I was too busy getting packed up when gen specials were on!!!

So yeah what time is training tomoro night? I think I might take the pointee for a swim before hand a speers point not sure thou!