Hitting The Ring For The First Time

angelsophie

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm going to try it for the first time tonight (note: they are due 20th October and today is the 19th....... I love last minute stuff)!

me too :rofl: I just did my entries lol

Are you going to do the toy and terrier show deb? I am and sweepies for that show I think - I think all us minors should enter sweepies in one hit - it will be the oddest lineup of dogs 6-12 months :) the sleek tiny min pin, the hairy hav, the cuddly field, huge tough leo and maybe even sammy's naughty black pug :(:(:(

Oh hes sold on aussies - he was oggling River all weekend.

I don't trust myself with grooming an Aussie though, the chalk and everything looks way too complicated!

You should come down at do some Sydney shows :rofl: Spring Fair!!!!

Poocow - I don't do much at all. I am slowly starting to do more, I chalk her nose now with a chalk block and that's about it most shows. Chalking isn't that hard if you get someone to show you a couple of times. :) Promise! Aussies are a nice breed to show, at least here in SA anyway.

I agree with Lyndsay - the grooming isn't so bad. I was terrified of that at first, but although I'm a crap handler apparently my grooming is okay! :rofl::):(

I wash and blow-dry the night before a show then chalk & fluff up the legs and chalk her nose on the morning of the show. She appears to be pretty much okay with that for 3 consecutive days of showing, with just a minor "fluff-up" on the following mornings (I'm sure there are more technical terms than "fluff up", which I've used twice in the one paragraph).

Deb :(

I'm going to try it for the first time tonight (note: they are due 20th October and today is the 19th....... I love last minute stuff)!

me too :rofl: I just did my entries lol

Are you going to do the toy and terrier show deb? I am and sweepies for that show I think - I think all us minors should enter sweepies in one hit - it will be the oddest lineup of dogs 6-12 months :) the sleek tiny min pin, the hairy hav, the cuddly field, huge tough leo and maybe even sammy's naughty black pug :(:(:(

I haven't done mine yet. Our little girl is 6 tomorrow so I've been busy with birthday cakes, etc. I'll do them tomorrow. Yes I'm doing all the shows, Bec, including that one. I'll have a go at sweepies if you are going in - sounds like fun, although we will have to leave the comfort of our toy ring!!

LOL naughty black pug is too old for sweepies now, so yes PC is correct would be silly orange and white moo moo cow Kite! I always enter sweepies I find especially with Kite its good to get all her sillyness out in sweepies!!!

We will only be doing saturday sunday for the kurri maitland shows, friday is hard beause of work...and I'm undecided about the toy show...will see how I feel about it later!

I agree with Lyndsay - the grooming isn't so bad. I was terrified of that at first, but although I'm a crap handler apparently my grooming is okay! ;) :cheer: :cheer:

I wash and blow-dry the night before a show then chalk & fluff up the legs and chalk her nose on the morning of the show. She appears to be pretty much okay with that for 3 consecutive days of showing, with just a minor "fluff-up" on the following mornings (I'm sure there are more technical terms than "fluff up", which I've used twice in the one paragraph).

Deb :laugh:

You always present Viv in beautiful condition :confused:

I have fingers and toes crossed for you for December babies :laugh:

Thank you, Aziah! You are so sweet! ;) Vivi is in semi-retirement until we know for sure whether she's going to be a mum or not!

I agree with Lyndsay - the grooming isn't so bad. I was terrified of that at first, but although I'm a crap handler apparently my grooming is okay! :thumbsup: :D :D

Deb :eek:

You always present Viv in beautiful condition :thumbsup:

I have fingers and toes crossed for you for December babies :D

Hey everyone.. I posted a while ago just after baby Max got home.

We had our first show over the weekend. We had heaps of fun met some lovely people.

Max was really relaxed and super confident in the ring - he just loved it!!

Here's a couple of pics from our first show - it was a double header so really good to get the practice in! You can tell what a complete newb I am.. I was so annoyed with myself when I seen the photos and his lead draped all over his back.. grr. Oh well we'll get there!!

PA240423.jpg

PA240453.jpg

Well done Ange :)

Getting out there for the first time is the hardest part, atleast that's done and everything else can improve! I doubt you are as bad as me, by the end I was getting tips from everyone of how to run in a straight line :confused: (a problem that has also been picked up on at obedience by the instructors etc. Highly embarassing to start with everyone and end up 10-20m off course!!)

Max looks great in the pics, it looks like you are stacking him really well. (he is so tiny and adorable!!) I did the same thing with the lead, I had trouble juggling it all while trying to stack Leo, but training is doing us wonders (well, I think so)

And hello Bindii, haven't seen you in here for a while!! How is the gorgeous Fletcher going?? How big is he now?

Edited by Jessm