Hitting The Ring For The First Time

angelsophie

And hello Bindii, haven't seen you in here for a while!! How is the gorgeous Fletcher going?? How big is he now?

HUGE! haha.

He got Best Minor Puppy in Show two weeks ago, did i brag in here about that? haha... and Saturday just gone he had his first day in puppies (exactly 9 months on Saturday) and he went Puppy in Group and 2nd Puppy Sweepstakes from 30+ pups, so we were super impressed!!!

http://www.dogzonline.com.au/breeds/profile.asp?dog=41722 see the last photo there for the most recent head shot, love that photo!

Edited by Bindii

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey guys,

Congrad's on everyones results.

We had a good weekend. Kite took out two best of breeds one with competition one with out and the day she had competition I think she only "just" got beaten for minor in group, the judge pulled me aside and gave me some great feed back and a few bits of advise which was excellent I've never had a judge do that before!

She also got 5th in sweepies, they dont usually have that many placings but for some reason they did this weekend.

Any of you hillsbro girls, I highly reccomend travelling and doing the port mac show next year, their is plenty of dog friendly accomodation and it is really just a lovely weekend away, because we were finished by one on the saturday we were able to take the dogs for a long walk along the water and just have a really nice time!

HUGE! haha.

He got Best Minor Puppy in Show two weeks ago, did i brag in here about that? haha... and Saturday just gone he had his first day in puppies (exactly 9 months on Saturday) and he went Puppy in Group and 2nd Puppy Sweepstakes from 30+ pups, so we were super impressed!!!

http://www.dogzonline.com.au/breeds/profile.asp?dog=41722 see the last photo there for the most recent head shot, love that photo!

Well I might've missed it if you did but I dunno Lol. Look how handsome he is! And my gosh has grown a lot!! :rasberry:

Well done on all the wins you'se are doing :thumbsup:

hhhm I think we might do that one next year :rasberry:

Anyone heading to show training tonight??

Bec

Well I was still deciding, will it be on?

Its overcast but dry here so I am guessing yes for on :nahnah: I will there unless it rains Toby is filthy but I am NOT washing him till after training in the wet grass and mud :thumbsup:

I just don't wanna make the trip and it not be on. We missed obedience this week because of the weather as well so we have been bored :thumbsup:

Better be making up my mind cause if i'm gonna go I should head off soon.

Leo needs a bath he is stinky, but I can't get him into the tub anymore and i'm not making the poor boy bath out in the cold...if only he weren't scared of showers :rasberry:

hhhm I think we might do that one next year :rofl:

Anyone heading to show training tonight??

Bec

:cheer: There wasnt any Hav's entered at all, either day! :laugh: How rude, whats a dog show with out atleast one Hav...especially a sexy one like Toby LOL! :laugh:

Im going to be a newbie to the show ring very very soon and am very very scared!

We are getting another Aussie who will be our first showdog.. Planning on going to Hillsborough for show training, does it close over christmas? Do I have to enroll or anything or just show up? and how old do puppies have to be to attend?

Im going to be a newbie to the show ring very very soon and am very very scared!

We are getting another Aussie who will be our first showdog.. Planning on going to Hillsborough for show training, does it close over christmas? Do I have to enroll or anything or just show up? and how old do puppies have to be to attend?

Just turn up. It is every 2nd week. I am the clueless one with the black and white hairy boy who is feral and doesnt look like a pretty show dog lol he does look a little better on show days though :grouphug: Make sure you say hi there is a few of us dolers from this thread there - The Ark Jessm - loads of newbies - and I cant speak for the others but I find it really helpful having the familiar faces there as well as great company :laugh:

The Ark (deb) shows a gorgeous aussie too :rofl:

Bec

Ive seen you at shows Bec, we watched you and Pooey the day at Hillsborough when Morgie won sweepies. At least I know who I'll be on the lookout for.. We will be the ones with the red merle wth the dumb look on our faces :flame:

Sometimes my face is a little less dumb now and alot more embarrased depending on how badly the superbrat behaved in the ring :flame: Though if youve seen me - you already know what he's like :flame:

Did you say hi that day? I am still meeting loads of people so I apologise if I have forgotton :(

when is your first show? I am normally found on the car park side of ring 1 about halfway along at hillsborough :p

Next time say hi :walkdog: neither toby or i bite....he will prob try and lick you tho :laugh:

Everyone I have met so far has been great, very friendly. furthest I have been is morriset. I will be at hillsborough though for the upcoming shows if you are poping in to watch breed judging. I think it helps to go along - go early since you got a breed early in the ring. Watch your breed getting judge from start to finsh. You'll get a feel for presentation of your breed. watch the order they call the dogs ect ect. Not such a big deal for me as there isnt many of us usually but for a more popular breed might be useful. Then swing by toys where all the cool people are :D

and before jessm complains Leo is really a small squshy toy in a big tough body ;)

and before jessm complains Leo is really a small squshy toy in a big tough body ;)

Leo is TOUGH!! He is just a mummas boy, that's all. He just loves coming to training to play with Tobes now though. And pouncing at Debs poor little puppies!

...I am the one at training who can't run in a straight line :laugh: ...And I don't do much better at the shows!

Dotty (Training will be not this coming tuesday but next) I too find it really helpful, meeting everyone has been good for my nerves, and everyone is supportive and helpful :walkdog: ...I don't think there is an age, but I wouldn't be going until pup has had all it's shots. I am a really shy person too, but after I said my first hello they're probably all still waiting for me to shut up :D ..Most of the people at training are newbies, which makes it even easier, you don't feel so useless!