Hitting The Ring For The First Time

angelsophie

Wow - heaps on around here in the next few months!

Your trip to the States sound exciting, Aziah. Who's looking after your gorgeous babies??

LOTG - we haven't looked at DOL pointscores yet - all I have at the moment is babies (well, Chester is now a minor so we might look at it soon).

A good friend is house sitting :) under normal circumstances Mum & Dad would have the job but we made them come along too :)

Edited by Aziah

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

we are doing sat am and pm and sun am for hills and morriset ag

we will be doing medowie all shows maitland, the newcastle show ground one, stroud maybe thats about as far as we got. No more fri shows for me except rare occaisions and public hols as I have resigned my job and taken on a new job. Permanent mondays and fridays but only 2 long days a week instead of three :( Rich is thinking about giving it a go so you *might* catch him there lol

Just finished watching a 2 hour grooming DVD HILLARIOUS !! great tips and visuals so perfectly answered some of my more stupid questions but HILLARIOUS no less :)

Coat change and product changes have given me a HUGE change in Toby's coat and he starting to feel soft and silky with his adult coat making its way through :laugh:

Aziah - it must be time for you to head down to the toy ring for a laugh or two at us newbies huh??

Bec

we are doing sat am and pm and sun am for hills and morriset ag

we will be doing medowie all shows maitland, the newcastle show ground one, stroud maybe thats about as far as we got. No more fri shows for me except rare occaisions and public hols as I have resigned my job and taken on a new job. Permanent mondays and fridays but only 2 long days a week instead of three :o Rich is thinking about giving it a go so you *might* catch him there lol

Just finished watching a 2 hour grooming DVD HILLARIOUS !! great tips and visuals so perfectly answered some of my more stupid questions but HILLARIOUS no less :(

Coat change and product changes have given me a HUGE change in Toby's coat and he starting to feel soft and silky with his adult coat making its way through :laugh:

Aziah - it must be time for you to head down to the toy ring for a laugh or two at us newbies huh??

Bec

We are thinking of doing the newcastle show ground one not sure thou...

What is the stroud one? :)

Congrads on the new job by the way!

thankyou :laugh: I was really sad about leaving my old one behind - so sad I couldnt I am staying on the books casually because I dont want to leave - it was my home for 10 years. But we couldnt co-ordinate my roster with richs around the kids and still keep the same income. I have gone to a private hospital for more money and all my hours in two long days instead of three. It was so hard trying to not stuff our bosses around and this is the best thing for my family for the next 12 months. We wont be sacrificing any money but I get an extra day off with my little boy :)

Far out, I'd better get busy with entries by the sounds of it. When is the Newcastle showground one on?

Bec - you must be feeling relieved now your work is all sorted!

Aziah we are doing Morisset (if I get my entries in the mail tomorrow, that is). And probably most of the rest as well. :laugh:

Edited by The Ark

Far out, I'd better get busy with entries by the sounds of it. When is the Newcastle showground one on?

Bec - you must be feeling relieved now your work is all sorted!

Aziah we are doing Morisset (if I get my entries in the mail tomorrow, that is). And probably most of the rest as well. :(

The newcastle show ground one is abit funny its on the same weekend as one of the huillsbro shows and you have to check it cause different groups are different days then general specials are the sunday, so you have to go back on sunday if you went well on fri or sat if your group is one of those days...sorta like a royal but definately not a royal hehe!

Edited by sammy_ballerina

Nahhh I'm not mean and nasty - I'm certain you all doa wonderful job of handling :D

What is the stroud one? :)

Stroud will be Saturday April 10th, I used to love going to Stroud Ag and then they stopped the dog section. I believe it will held this year and I assume the schedule will be out Feb/March.

Far out, I'd better get busy with entries by the Aziah we are doing Morisset (if I get my entries in the mail tomorrow, that is). And probably most of the rest as well. :D

:(

The newcastle show ground one is abit funny its on the same weekend as one of the huillsbro shows and you have to check it cause different groups are different days then general specials are the sunday, so you have to go back on sunday if you went well on fri or sat if your group is one of those days...sorta like a royal but definately not a royal hehe!

The Newcastle Ag show is the same weekend as Bay City (Hillsborough) and numerous other shows. I have Corgi specialties in Sydney that weekend but might make it to the evening shows of Bay City :)

What's the go, everyone?? There hasn't been a post on this thread since the day before yesterday! We've even dropped off the first page of topics on the Show Ring Forum! :confused:

Poocow how did Morgie go today??

Anyone else with results??

Deb :laugh:

not long home from our show tonight. I'm very pleased to say my young man Matt was awarded Minor of Breed even in all his nakedness.

He bombed out last week and my OH asked if I should maybe consider pulling him till he grows coat. I guess beating 4 others for Breed tonight showed that it really is luck of the draw to what else the judge sees in the dog other than coat.

Oh and he was short listed and got a second run in the sweepies. We missed out though. But I'm still pleased he got a look in. Can't wait to see how he goes when his coat comes back in :confused:

Edited by Freckles

not long home from our show tonight. I'm very pleased to say my young man Matt was awarded Minor of Breed even in all his nakedness.

He bombed out last week and my OH asked if I should maybe consider pulling him till he grows coat. I guess beating 4 others for Breed tonight showed that it really is luck of the draw to what else the judge sees in the dog other than coat.

Oh and he was short listed and got a second run in the sweepies. We missed out though. But I'm still pleased he got a look in. Can't wait to see how he goes when his coat comes back in :rofl:

Well done, Freckles & Matt! It is really hard to know what judges are looking for sometimes, isn't it!

Poocow how did Morgie go today??

Morgies a loser but thats ok. She lost to the dog but still got her 6 points taking her to 120.

Its just hard when shes so much smaller than him (shes perfect height for a Field though) and has less coat.

Hi to those coming to the Hillsborough show next weekend - just wanted to check what time your shows begin? - the Obedience trials are on Friday and Sat evening (from around 4.30pm) is the conformation shows on during the day or in the evening?

Poocow - I'm pm-ing you my mobile number - thanks for the offer of an SMS to let me know when your on so I can come across and watch .....

12 sleeps till the little boy comes along :thumbsup::)

Oh and how young is to young to bring him along to show training?

Edited by FionaC

Fiona, the conformation show on Friday starts at 2pm and will hopefully be over by the time the Obedience starts at 6pm. Then on Saturday we have 2 conformation shows, the early morning one starts at 8:30am and the afternoon show starts at 4pm. The Obedience starts at 6pm again so some people may miss out if they clash on Saturday afternoon.

Fiona, the conformation show on Friday starts at 2pm and will hopefully be over by the time the Obedience starts at 6pm. Then on Saturday we have 2 conformation shows, the early morning one starts at 8:30am and the afternoon show starts at 4pm. The Obedience starts at 6pm again so some people may miss out if they clash on Saturday afternoon.

thanks for that Freckles :thumbsup:

(I should have explained that 4.30pm is the time the OH has to be there as he is stewarding both Friday and Sat pm and he'll have to help set up everything for the trials rather than it being the starting time :cheer: )

Looks like Saturday afternoon is going to be the one I will be able to make (as I have to work on Friday) ....so hopefully see some of you there :)

:thumbsup: Not if toys have anything to say about it...LOL Toy group always holds up proceedings! :)