Samoyed

Troy

Hi all, I'm a newbie to DOL and at the moment working my way through the different forums/topics. Wolfsong, thanks for your comment on my intro post.

Have a Sammi which I got from the pound when she was about a year old (she's now about eleven). No idea as to her parentage. Obviously she's not a show dog, in fact never been into showing, obediance trials was my thing when I was a bit younger. Also have a crazy Kelpie who's 10 years old.

Found this site while looking for info on some medication the vet has put Ladybug (the Sammi) on. Must say there's heaps of info here that I could have benefitted from when I first got Ladybug.

As far as grooming goes, she always get's her baths done at the grooming salon. Brushing and combing I do myself, initially it was all trial and error but after a whike when I had the right brushes etc it was a breeze.

OK, that's enough waffling from me for now. Certainly nice to know the informations around to help people out.

:)dodger39

So nice to hear you rescued Ladybug, and have enjoyed 10 years with her. You are so right the correct grooming tools makes all the difference :)

Hope you enjoy DOL, hope to see you in here again some time

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congratulations Haza, I am sure you will have many wonderful years & wonderful memories together :)

Are you planning on doing any activities with you new puppy? showing? herding? obedience? agility? tracking? etc

Edited by Kelza

Congratulations Haza, I am sure you will have many wonderful years & wonderful memories together :)

Are you planning on doing any activities with you new puppy? showing? herding? obedience? agility? tracking? etc

I wasn't planning on anything but perhaps my girlfriend will want to. We'll see ;)

Poor thing cried a lot on his first night, but he seemed to be much better on the second night. I gave him an old shirt hoping it would comfort him, it seems to have worked and now he carries it around everywhere lol.

I wasn't planning on anything but perhaps my girlfriend will want to. We'll see :)

Poor thing cried a lot on his first night, but he seemed to be much better on the second night. I gave him an old shirt hoping it would comfort him, it seems to have worked and now he carries it around everywhere lol.

Aww they normally cry the first night or two, different place away from their sibblings and mum but they do adjust quickly... glad to hear you didn't give in. It is 10 times worse when people give in and then PUPPY rules hehe as I am sure your breeder explained.

All the best with the little man!

• 4 weeks later...

Great to see so many new Samoyed owners around. There used to be only a couple of us before and any Sammy thread we started dropped off pretty quickly.

Kelza you look like you have a beautiful bunch there. Haza this is a great breed of dog. I hope you have a good sense of humor because there isn't a day that goes by without these bundles of fluff doing something that will make you smile or laugh. And they're also quite strong-willed.

Try to avoid black pants henceforth and buy a Dyson vacuum :rofl:

Edited by samoyedman

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, well im about too enter into the world of the samoyed with putting down the deposit on a pup.

so so nervous. I lost my rotti last year and after deciding between this and another rotti we decided on a samoyed.

so i have about 6 weeks to wait. but thats ok :rofl:

• 2 weeks later...

Oh a whole thread about Sammies! I'm drowning pleasantly in the Spitz thread under all the gorgeous breeds :(

I joined up recently to prepare myself for a little puppy arrival hopefully next year, and I've gone into Sammy-overdrive looking at all the handsome fluffballs around here :) Kelza it's lovely to see you on the forum (and Linda if she's on!) - I am watching Zoe's Sept. litter with such anticipation (even though I can't commit to this year - new backyard is a sandpit and no place to raise a pup!). I hope that she will be a mum again in the near future :o

Oh a whole thread about Sammies! I'm drowning pleasantly in the Spitz thread under all the gorgeous breeds ;)

I joined up recently to prepare myself for a little puppy arrival hopefully next year, and I've gone into Sammy-overdrive looking at all the handsome fluffballs around here :laugh: Kelza it's lovely to see you on the forum (and Linda if she's on!) - I am watching Zoe's Sept. litter with such anticipation (even though I can't commit to this year - new backyard is a sandpit and no place to raise a pup!). I hope that she will be a mum again in the near future :)

Hi Frostypaws

Firstly ;)

We are excited and look forward to the arrival of Zoe special litter. Her first litter was lovely, and I am sure this litter will live up to its expectations. Linda isn't on dol to my knowledge - FB is her speciality :laugh:

Samoyeds are great fun and I am sure when you welcome one into your family you will have many fabulous memories :D , until then enjoy all the pics on dol and be sure to go cuddle Zoe's pups when they arrive.

xoxox

Just a reminder the

Victorian Samoyed Speciality is on this Sunday (8th August 2010)

KCC Park

655 Westernport Highway,

Skye Vic 3977 (Melway Ref 128 J12)

Starts at 10am with baby puppies, our judge is from Canada and anyone is welcome to come and watch :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...
The breed standard says that a Samoyed can come in white, cream, and white and biscuit. Does this mean that the biscuit colour is a fault? It seems to be okay in the American standard.

If it colours the entire body as a solid colour, yes it is a fault.

Ah okay. It's funny how the two standards are different. Pity, I love the full biscuit colour.

Do you have a link for a photo of a full biscuit Sammie?

I ask because I've never even seen one :p

Cream yes, not full biscuit.

I think I had a photo on my computer at home, but I'm at work at the moment. I've found this one, which is meant to be full biscuit, though looks like there's a few white spots, but that could just be the light reflecting off his coat.

25100_380174457115_89799607115_4358116_1014993_n.jpg

Edited by whiskedaway

The colour on the ears is biscuit the rest looks cream to me but then I could be wrong.

Cream and Biscuit is allowed in some countries.

Pretty dog but I think I will stick to my white and biscuit ones personally :)