Just Ralph

rocco

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:) ;) :wave: You;re such a lunatic.

:laugh: I scare myself sometimes.

Kirislin, Ralph is trained not to eat food until released, so the mash stayed in the bowl. :)

Thanks you for all your comments. I am not doing a calander sorry. :( But in the process of making a book of the RnR team due to a few request outside DOL and I want one for my family. :D I will let you know when finish. :thumbsup:

"....now that I am back from my brief sojourn in the world of high adventure I must prepare myself to return to my undercover role, collecting high level reconnaisance for my country...................Miss Furrypenny ......my back requires your attention..........

...............Ah, a dry martini, a Saville Row suit ....and the Pink Poodle stage show.....this life is so demanding .....*sigh*

...........Oh no, I am in the clutches of the evil villian Paws .....and my bodyguard has been seduced by the evil wiles of the Pink Poodle girls, I fear this is the end..........Oh the shame, to be devoured in this common form, not even a spoonful of caviar to allow me to perish in dignity.............

....Well done my faithful bodyguard, your determination to escape the clutches of those evil sirens has saved our fur ..now, be still and we shall masquerade as a Christmas gift for Baron Von Rottweiler........"

Edited by Kelpiepupmum

• 2 weeks later...
I love your pictures.

What camera do you use?

With Ralph in the bathtub have you done some special effects on it to leave the bathtub in colour and the rest greyscale or something?

Loving them!

How about she tells you all her processing secrets so you can go out and replicate the whole thing. :rofl:

Note to ALL people who ask questions such as this: You think it's just one small email and easy but people who produce good work the way that Rocco does, can receive literally dozens of these emails each week. It takes alot of time and effort to respond.

That being said, there's a right way and a wrong way to ask these questions.

The right way, "Hi, I love your images, If you're willing can you please share a few things that you do to make them look so good?"

Don't try and guess or pre-empt an answer, it really does come off the wrong way and is a bit cringeworthy.

(I'm not having a go at you GotAnyBlacker, but I see these same sort of questions asked constantly from many people so just thought I would take the opportunity to let people know that they can ask the questions but do it in such a way that the photographer/artist doesn't want to ignore you.)

ps - feel free to ignore me people. I'm having a hectic day, have been up since 4am doing work that I thought was urgent and just found out that I was doing it all for nothing :laugh: - I'm just a bit tired and over it. :laugh:

Rocco - I'm still a Rocco fan. I think you need to get a good "shaking dog" photo of him :D

JS - yep, it's very flattering when people ask. I can't speak on Rocco's behalf but the amount of emails I was responding to regarding my photos and also the business side of things has gotten to the point that I'm launching a business to mentor photographers. My husband kept getting annoyed at me with how long it was taking to respond to all the emails. He kept telling me I should be getting paid for my time and effort - so hopefully I will be soon.

Planning on having a gallery as a part of the business also and I'm trying to convince Rocco that she needs to be one of our first exhibitions :laugh: I think a Rocco and Ralph exhibition would be awesome. :laugh:

:cry: I leave you all alone for five minutes.....

It is flattering, but I am with what Ash said, it can get a bit consuming.

JS: Totally agree, learning by yourself is creating your own style. :D

megan_: no I am not a professional. Just a hobby.

Kelpiepupmums: Love the story. :cry:

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Rocco - I'm still a Rocco fan. I think you need to get a good "shaking dog" photo of him :cry:

This is a 2 man job. I have tried so many times. I need to find a volunteer willing to get wet too. I am thinking about getting him a clam pool. Of course I am delusional if I think he will use it, but it can be added to all the other useless things I have bought him over the years, you can never have enough of those.

:cry: I leave you all alone for five minutes.....

It is flattering, but I am with what Ash said, it can get a bit consuming.

JS: Totally agree, learning by yourself is creating your own style. :D

megan_: no I am not a professional. Just a hobby.

Kelpiepupmums: Love the story. :cry:

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Rocco - I'm still a Rocco fan. I think you need to get a good "shaking dog" photo of him :cry:

This is a 2 man job. I have tried so many times. I need to find a volunteer willing to get wet too. I am thinking about getting him a clam pool. Of course I am delusional if I think he will use it, but it can be added to all the other useless things I have bought him over the years, you can never have enough of those.

When we do our photoshoot at the end of the month. I have just had a brainstorm for the very last photo that we will take. Are you prepared to get wet because I'm fine with it and I know Alex will be also :cry:

When we do our photoshoot at the end of the month. I have just had a brainstorm for the very last photo that we will take. Are you prepared to get wet because I'm fine with it and I know Alex will be also :cry:

Rocco doesnt swim.... so I hope Alex can to save him if need be. :D

Rocco has developed her own unique and individual style. Post processing takes talent and it's better to develop your own 'style' (hate that word but I'm ill and can't think of a substitute) by experimenting or even reading up on things if you want to learn or play around with software yourself, but there are some who email and want exif data, what you did with PP and then and then go copy that person's stuff. I like the diversity here with people's dog photos and portrait photos and seeing their different touch on their pics. Thanks for sharing your photos here Rocco, they bring a smile to people's faces.

eta: I'm old fashioned with this, but reading books or buying a magazine is a great way of learning plus you are supporting a photographer in some way doing this.

ashanali if you had the time, and I don't know how you do it running a business, taking wedding photos, editing them and looking after 4 kids, you could teach photoshop on the side, I think portrait photos are something most people like to try and learn. I don't know how you guys find the time. I'm into taking wildlife pics which don't require that much post processing but I cannot find the time to work full time and photo edit and also enjoy a social life at the same time - you guys must have the work/life balance down pat.

Edited by Ripley

I love your pictures.

What camera do you use?

With Ralph in the bathtub have you done some special effects on it to leave the bathtub in colour and the rest greyscale or something?

Loving them!

How about she tells you all her processing secrets so you can go out and replicate the whole thing. :thumbsup:

Note to ALL people who ask questions such as this: You think it's just one small email and easy but people who produce good work the way that Rocco does, can receive literally dozens of these emails each week. It takes alot of time and effort to respond.

That being said, there's a right way and a wrong way to ask these questions.

The right way, "Hi, I love your images, If you're willing can you please share a few things that you do to make them look so good?"

Don't try and guess or pre-empt an answer, it really does come off the wrong way and is a bit cringeworthy.

(I'm not having a go at you GotAnyBlacker, but I see these same sort of questions asked constantly from many people so just thought I would take the opportunity to let people know that they can ask the questions but do it in such a way that the photographer/artist doesn't want to ignore you.)

ps - feel free to ignore me people. I'm having a hectic day, have been up since 4am doing work that I thought was urgent and just found out that I was doing it all for nothing :shrug: - I'm just a bit tired and over it. :D

Rocco - I'm still a Rocco fan. I think you need to get a good "shaking dog" photo of him :D

oh sorry. I guess thats why most people ignore my questions most of the time.

I feel really bad now. Sorry. I'm not a photographer, I dont even have a good camera. I wasn't going to copy either.

I was just curious.

Man I feel like crap now. Thanks

I'm not having a go at you GotAnyBlacker, but I see these same sort of questions asked constantly from many people so just thought I would take the opportunity to let people know that they can ask the questions but do it in such a way that the photographer/artist doesn't want to ignore you.)

As I said, not directed at you and not being nasty, I was simply taking an opportunity. There is no need to feel like crap.

I'm not having a go at you GotAnyBlacker, but I see these same sort of questions asked constantly from many people so just thought I would take the opportunity to let people know that they can ask the questions but do it in such a way that the photographer/artist doesn't want to ignore you.)

As I said, not directed at you and not being nasty, I was simply taking an opportunity. There is no need to feel like crap.

I was having an emotional morning obviously. I'm well over it now.

But why post your photo's on a forum if you don't want discussion about them from other people that probably don't know as much as you do?

Are we all just supposed to oooh and ahhh at the photo's and thats it? (Actually, don't bother answering that anyone, I probably didnt ask in the correct manner according to some people.) If you don't want to answer a 'stupid' question just say so or ignore it. Its not a big deal.

Edited by GotAnyBlacker

Rocco I just love your pics, they are so amazing!

Can people commission you (not sure if that's the right term) to do portaits of their pets?

Sorry Huski, I didnt see this. I am in the process of getting my sh!te together so people can commission me.... :laugh: I actually bought a domain name today.... :rofl: I will flick you a PM shortly. I want to encourage more people with their pets then just pets my themselves. :rofl: You might be ideal for my little project. :o