Raw/natural Chitchat

hmmmm ok i thought the Krill oil already has the vitamin E in it???

I am thinking of adding salmon fish oil capsules as well along with the krill oil for financial reasons :(

Do I add extra Vitamin E then? Or are there salmon fish oil capsules with Vitamin E already in them??

Tomas those links are from USA, I can't see an australian shop to buy them from :)

If you feed liver and eggs an as alternate with your meals and include fish oil,those foods have E in them so you don't necessarily need a fish oil that contains E....

Krill IS expensive,I alternate between that and the Nordic Naturals Omega Pet.

You could have found stockists of Coromega and Nordic Naturals in Australia ON those sites I listed,anyway I did it for you :)

Coromega stockists can be found by emailing here

NEW ZEALAND & AUSTRALIA

[email protected]

[email protected]

Nordic naturals can be found here

BioConcepts Pty. Ltd.

Tel: 61 73868 0699

Practitioner & Retail Orders:

07 38680699

Practitioner Enquiries:

1800 077 113

practitioner: [email protected]

retail: [email protected]

Consumer, Retail Trade,Practitioner Enquiries

Tel:1300 885 348

[email protected]

purehealthretail.com.au

Edited by tomas

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for that Tomas :)

Yes I feed the ratio 5% liver and 5% kidney (still sourcing other forms of offal to replace the kidney)

mixed in with red meat most days.

I also feed the ready made BARF Patties twice a week and these have liver and eggs in them as well.

I then give her at least 1 egg a week mostly 2 eggs a week, rarely 3 times a week, depending on how i remember.

I just put the egg outside for her and she breaks it open etc...

She tends to leave the shell behind but i would suspect the Vitamin E is in the egg or white not the shell?

I know the shell is a great source of calcium but she gets it her RMBs as well :(

Does that sound about enough vitamin E for the fish oil factor to you?

Ok, I've been feeding my 'home-made' BARF for nearly 3 weeks now and have to say, I'm impressed. Their coat is soft and shiny, they're active and happy, the stool is good and of course they love it!!! So I am going to continue. After following all those discussions on here, I decided to feed the home-made BARF and the BARF rolls alternating.

I prefer to feed veggies and I decided instead of pre-preparing everything, they'll get whatever I or the birds have as well.

What kind of food processors do you guys have?

A beat up old Breville. They're all pretty much the same though. :)

There must be a part missing in mine... ;)

:laugh: My poor old thing is glued & taped together. So long as the motor keeps going, I'm not going to buy a new one.

Thanks for that Tomas :laugh:

Yes I feed the ratio 5% liver and 5% kidney (still sourcing other forms of offal to replace the kidney)

mixed in with red meat most days.

I also feed the ready made BARF Patties twice a week and these have liver and eggs in them as well.

I then give her at least 1 egg a week mostly 2 eggs a week, rarely 3 times a week, depending on how i remember.

I just put the egg outside for her and she breaks it open etc...

She tends to leave the shell behind but i would suspect the Vitamin E is in the egg or white not the shell?

I know the shell is a great source of calcium but she gets it her RMBs as well ;)

Does that sound about enough vitamin E for the fish oil factor to you?

Sounds o.k to me. I mean you have the dogs coat and eyes and energy levels to go on as your guide :) If you are feeding at least 10 % edible bone I would'nt worry about the egg shell,however when my guys get just a meaty meat meal ,no bone,which is every second day,I usually include a little ground meat or chop some finely and break the egg for them and crush the shell in that,that way they eat the shell.

Most raw feeders do not have a problem feeding enough bone,but feeding about 80% meat is a struggle sometimes....

I hope you try the Coromega sachets for yourself,I LOVE the stuff,just had 2 Orange ones actually, NO fishy burps and makes taking fish fun,I mean you can squeeze it on a yoghurt as a topping or take it straight.

A beat up old Breville. They're all pretty much the same though. :p

There must be a part missing in mine... :)

Are you missing a shredding disc??? ;)

No, I'm missing that rotating knife I think.

I would contact the comany that makes your brand of processor as usually they don't change the attachments much between models - more so the look/exterior to a more modern looking machine - so perhaps they will sell you that attachment. The knife is great for mincing kidneys and livers but use the shredding attachment for veg! :laugh:

So I've been meaning to post this for a few weeks now but was worried you would all tell me I was being silly .... so here goes.

I feed BARF only and have done for about 6 months now. After reading many posts from other threads I decided to give offal a go. We had fed tongue before (muscle) and heart with no worries.

About 2 months after feeding offal maybe once a week Nooki got worms. My 2 had never had worms before and are/were regularly wormed.

I haven't fed offal or muscle meat since. Nooki hasn't had a re-occurrence of worms either. Coincidence??

Anyone had this happen? Anyone think im nuts?

Discuss :laugh:

and another thing :laugh:

Can you please add to this list what you feed, RMB and Muscle Meat, Offal, Veggies, other meats and Barf Brand

Please add and repost (without quoting) with what you feed.

I think this will be a helpful resource to all of us. Once it is finished maybe we could add it to the OP as a starting reference, instead of having to find the bloody page all the time!

RMB

Lamb Shanks

Turkey Necks

Lamb Rosettes (necks)

Osso Bucco

Chicken Necks

Chicken Marylands

Muscle Meat

Beef Tongue

Heart

Offal

Kidney

Liver

Veggies

Spinach

Carrot

Apple (no pip or core)

Pumpkin

Cauliflower

Broccoli

Other meats

Mince

Beef Steak (cheap on special one!)

Sardines

Salmon

Other Miscellaneous

Egg and shell

Yoghurt

Flaxseed oil

Fish oil Tabs

Primrose Oil Tabs

Sasha's Blend

Barf Patties (Brands)

Canine Country

RMB

Lamb Shanks

Turkey Necks

Lamb Rosettes (necks)

Lamb forequarter chops

Lamb Ribs/flaps

Osso Bucco

Brisket Bone

Chicken Necks

Chicken Marylands

Chicken Wings

Chicken frames

Muscle Meat

Beef Tongue

Heart

Ox Cheek

Offal

Kidney

Liver

Veggies

Spinach

Carrot

Apple (no pip or core)

Pumpkin

Cauliflower

Broccoli

Other meats

Mince

Sardines

Salmon

Other Miscellaneous

Egg and shell

Yoghurt

Flaxseed oil

Fish oil Tabs

Krill Oil Tabs

Primrose Oil Tabs

Sasha's Blend

Barf Patties (Brands)

Canine Country

Br B's Patties

Edited by oonga

RMB

Lamb Necks

Lamb Shoulder Roast

Lamb Shoulder Chops

Lamb Flaps

Whole Chicken

Chicken Leg Quarters

Veal backs

Venison Necks

Whole Turkey

Beef Ribs

Pork Shoulder Roast

Pork shoulder Chops

Oxtail

Muscle Meat

Beef,lamb,chicken,venison,pork,horse

Offal

Kidney

Liver

Spleen

Pancreas

Brain

Sex Organs

Veggies

NONE-only if in a premade raw mix

Other meats

Whole raw Sardines

Salmon

Green Tripe

Canned sardines

Other Miscellaneous

Egg and shell

Fish oil Tabs

Barf Patties (Brands)

K9 natural if very desperate and I have nothing else,but rare I feed it now, comes raw and freeze dried,soon to be released in Australia,I am in NZ.

http://www.k9natural.co.nz/K/k9-stockist-a...an-dogs/_I.1154

RMB

Lamb Shanks

Turkey Necks

Lamb Rosettes (necks)

Lamb forequarter chops

Lamb Ribs/flaps

Osso Bucco

Brisket Bone

Chicken Necks

Chicken Marylands

Chicken Wings

Chicken frames

Kangaroo shanks

Kangaroo tail

Muscle Meat

Beef Tongue

Heart

Ox Cheek

Offal

Kidney

Liver

Veggies

Spinach

Carrot

Apple (no pip or core)

Pumpkin

Cauliflower

Broccoli

Sweet potato

Peas

Beans

Other meats

Mince

Sardines

Salmon

Whole Whiting

Other Miscellaneous

Egg and shell

Yoghurt

Flaxseed oil

Fish oil Tabs

Krill Oil Tabs

Primrose Oil Tabs

Sasha's Blend

Cottage Cheese

Brewer's yeast

Kelp powder

Barf Patties (Brands)

Canine Country

Br B's Patties

Offal suitable for human consumption should be free of parasites. Aside from the fact that livestock are regularly wormed, if evidence of parasites are found the whole carcass is condemned and every carcass from the same place allegedly gets checked rigorously. As far as I know, they don't even cut off the unaffected bits and sell it as pet food even though that is safe.

What kind of worms were they? I buy all human grade offal and have never had a problem.

Offal suitable for human consumption should be free of parasites. Aside from the fact that livestock are regularly wormed, if evidence of parasites are found the whole carcass is condemned and every carcass from the same place allegedly gets checked rigorously. As far as I know, they don't even cut off the unaffected bits and sell it as pet food even though that is safe.

What kind of worms were they? I buy all human grade offal and have never had a problem.

You are very correct. I have been working with offal for over 10 years now & I only buy human grade quality. :laugh:

The list so far. Hope this helps those unsure of what they should and can feed :thumbsup:

RMB

Lamb Shanks

Turkey Necks

Lamb Rosettes (necks)

Lamb forequarter chops

Lamb Ribs/flaps

Osso Bucco

Brisket Bone

Chicken Necks

Chicken Marylands

Chicken Wings

Chicken frames

Kangaroo shanks

Kangaroo tail

Lamb Necks

Lamb Shoulder Roast

Lamb Shoulder Chops

Lamb Flaps

Whole Chicken

Chicken Leg Quarters

Veal backs

Venison Necks

Whole Turkey

Beef Ribs

Pork Shoulder Roast

Pork shoulder Chops

Oxtail

Muscle Meat

Beef Tongue

Heart

Ox Cheek

Offal

Kidney

Liver

Spleen

Pancreas

Brain

Sex Organs

Veggies

Spinach

Carrot

Apple (no pip or core)

Pumpkin

Cauliflower

Broccoli

Sweet potato

Peas

Beans

Other meats

Mince

Salmon

Whole Whiting

Whole raw Sardines

Green Tripe

Canned sardines

Other Miscellaneous

Egg and shell

Yoghurt

Flaxseed oil

Fish oil Tabs

Krill Oil Tabs

Primrose Oil Tabs

Sasha's Blend

Cottage Cheese

Brewer's yeast

Kelp powder

Barf Patties (Brands)

Canine Country

Br B's Patties

K-9 Natural

They were Tapeworms corvus. Got rid of them with 2 doses of worming tabs (10 days in between).

Could have come from any Host (dog, cat, cow, sheep, rabbit, etc) just so happened to be feeding Offal. It could be purely co-incidental, but even my Vet said Offal first before I even mentioned it. But, who knows.

Its that old once bitten twice shy cliche you know :thumbsup: