Permanent Adelaide Meets 2011

MsKatie

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's not a bad size really - the dogs can run around pretty well :)

DBT - just bring you and your feral(s) - and a plate of nibbles to share - there are benches and tables there. How does that sound?? ANd we are all relatively harmless - about 1 o'clock is a good time to come along too - I will be there about 2 with the drooly bloodhound ;)

Edited by KelpieHoundMum

We are going to try and come along... has been ages since our 2 have had a catch up, and my camera needs a work out too :)

Hopefully we can make it, but it depends on how good a mood I am in with Aubrey after her debut Jumping Trial on Saturday morning ;)

Weather is looking better ;) . I think 1pm would be a good time to start for this one.

DBT, there's nothing to be nervous about, they're a friendly bunch, no pressure. On my first meet, I just pretended I was taking my dog to that park anyway, and there just happened to be a few other people with dogs there ... who happened to be very nice... and crazy dog lovers to boot :heart: . (by the way, your avitar cracks me up every time I see it :) )

Mrs RB, once you're there, it's actually a pretty big space for the dogs to run around in :heart:

ok then... I'll come with chips n dips n dogs then!!

Oh and i CAN"T WAIT to meet the drooly dog!! Our family once owned a Bloodhound!! stories to tell ...

We are going to try and come along... has been ages since our 2 have had a catch up, and my camera needs a work out too :rofl:

Hopefully we can make it, but it depends on how good a mood I am in with Aubrey after her debut Jumping Trial on Saturday morning :D

Good luck on Saturday :eat: Try and stay calm and I'm sure you'll both do well :D

Sunday's weather is looking pretty good ... 18, fine, partly cloudy :) .

If anyone has any old clothing/material (anything stretchy or fleecy - tracksuits, jumpers, shirts, dressing gowns, pjs, etc) please bring it along as I'm making dog coats for shelters http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?show...p;#entry4569777 . I'll also bring along a couple of proto types so I can try them on a few different sized dogs :eek: .

Let me know if any of you guys have cats at home... I still have quite a few (expired) Nutro cat dry food samples left and can bring them along.

Feel free also to let me know if you'd like me to bring any orders from the shop with me :(

actually i have 3 huge bags of winter garments that are waiting to go to a shelter for bedding.Most of them are knitted.Are they any good for you?? Otherwise i will go through & just pull out the bits and pieces that are fleecy.

I have such a dilemma trying to decide who should come with me on Sunday.All of my dogs are disgracefully untrained because they live on acres and self exercise etc..... I think the Skye's will win though...at least they know how to walk on leads ...sort of. it WILL be great entertainment for all , watching me get repeatedly wrapped up by 3 circling dogs !!

If it's not too much trouble, it would be great if you could see if there's any fleecy or stretchy stuff in there :( . I'm still learning as I go with the sewing and I think knitted material would be a bit of a challenge for me at the moment.

You're brave bringing 3 dogs! :) . You realise there will be people there with cameras don't you? :eek: I'm just bringing one of mine to this one, at least I might actually get to chat with people this time :(

WILL be great entertainment for all , watching me get repeatedly wrapped up by 3 circling dogs !!

And do they all have teeth like the dog in your piccie? :laugh: :D

No they don't but i might be wearing that sort of look by the end of the day :cry:

i should be coming :laugh: Looking forward to meeting you DBT and your dogs :cry:

If you have any spare cat food to donate Yellow girl Id be happy to take some for a lady who lives near me who runs a cattery and private rescue (2nd chance cat rescue) :D

I will send you a Pm with my order!

If it's not too much trouble, it would be great if you could see if there's any fleecy or stretchy stuff in there :eek: . I'm still learning as I go with the sewing and I think knitted material would be a bit of a challenge for me at the moment.

You're brave bringing 3 dogs! :( . You realise there will be people there with cameras don't you? :) I'm just bringing one of mine to this one, at least I might actually get to chat with people this time :o

ok, i went through the bags and found a dozen or so fleecy .I also popped in a couple of the really tightly knitted ones ,thought they might be good for practice to see if you can work with it.

I have decided to only bring Dottie the Koolie. I think you're right, 3 is too many and at least for the first go, i'd like to get a chance to actually talk to people ,not have to try and control the dogs constantly. Dottie could use the social experience as apart from the day she spent traveling from the middle of Qld to us in SA , she has only ever been on property.She can walk on lead.Her recall is exemplary on property ,but it will be interesting to see how she copes with the city.

yeah , can't wait to meet you all ;)