Gsd Jess

Starkehre

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been thinking of you and just wanted to send you and Mark some more :):thumbsup:

Thanks Allerzeit. You are an absolute sweety.

I really must put one bowl away, as I keep pulling all 4 out at feeding time. I just temporarily forget, and then it all comes rushing back to me again, and I get that overwhelming feeling of loss and grief. Sort of takes your breath away for a moment.

Just takes time.

:rofl: To you and Mark, such a sad time for you all, hopefully the other doggies will help ease some of the pain you both feel right now

I am sure she did have a grand life.

Thank you Silverblue.

Yes, Jess did have a wonderful life. I know she is at peace now, which gives me some comfort.

Hi Dyzney,

I saw the start of your thread yesterday but have been flat out with the Sales Conference to be able to post until now.

Keep your chin up, Jess told you that she needed to go and you were able to hear her, you did the right thing although it hurts like hell and you keep wondering if you could have done something else. 15 is a super age for a Sheppie. You guys are awesome. :D

I told Lisa about Jess and she is sending you a big hug and kiss too. :rofl:

Thank you so much webdogs, poodlefan, chewy and Miss Danni. You are all so very sweet and caring to take the time to pop in and offer your gentle words of loving wisdom and support.

We are overwhelmed with everyone's caring attitude.

I was unsure whether to start the thread, not wanting to seem attention seeking, but I thought it would help Mark and be nice to say a few words for Jess ... and truely it has been wonderful.

I show him the lovely posts people are putting up here and he seems to really benefit from it. He has a tear, which if you knew Mark, is a very rare thing, so I know it helps him let the grieving out rather than bottle it up.

Thank you so very much. Hugs back to you all. :rofl:

Dyzney: I am terribly sorry to hear of your loss. Jess looks like she was a beautiful girl who would have touched everyone's hearts. I know it's very hard saying goodbye to a dog. Jess lived a wonderful long life full of enjoyment. Lucy & Cloudy are up in rainbow bridge and i am sure they and Jess would be together running through the beautiful meadows together.

Thanks Lucycharzie. Yes, I think they would all be running and playing together in doggie heaven. My Rottie Ruby is there also, since 3 years ago. We have lost 3 dogs and a cat in the last year years.

Lovely to hear from you. I hope Charlotte is well and still enjoying her swimming.

Dyzney, I lost 2 dogs Cloudy and Lucy both GRs 16 months apart. Cloudy we lost 7 weeks after her rescue in July 2007 at nearly 8yrs. Lucy (in my avatar) we lost her November 2008 to Lymphoma at nearly 6yrs. I miss them both very much but know they are together.

Charlotte is doing well, enjoying swimming as usual! :laugh:

How are the Rotties? Give them a cuddle from me. I secretly LOVE Rotties :) Shh dont tell Charlotte :p

Edited by LucyCharzie

That's so sad for you Lucycharzie. It rips a piece out of our heart everytime we lose our loved ones.

You must have been devastated, poor thing.

Glad Charlotte is well.

I remember you saying you loved Rottis. Yes, they are very well thank you. Jag is huge now. He is 47kg and way taller than Dyz. He is still the same goofy puppy though, just bigger.

Rose is good also. Unfortunately Rose never really paired offo with any dogs again after Ruby died. Ruby and her were as thick as thieves. I know Rose missed her terribly when she died. Sure she gets along well with the others, but they used to curl up in bed together and clean each others' ears.

Hope you have a great weekend.

We are showing tomorrow, so keeping our minds busy for distraction.

I do believe it does rip a piece out of our hearts each animal who passes on. Broke my heart losing two dogs I loved quickly. I miss all my departed animals dearly but the way i think of things is Charlotte needs me to be strong for her.

I cross my fingers and hope each night as i say goodnight to Lucy and Cloudy who both reside at their favourite window of the house to watch over Charlotte ensuring she's with me for many years to come.

Boy Jag sounds like he's a nice big fella now. I'll come into Rotty thread to see if i can see any pics of him and Dyz. Such beautiful dogs ;)

• 3 weeks later...

M,

I never enter here as it too sad, but today I did (you know why) and I just read about Jess..... I am so sorry, I had no idea. 15 years WOW what memories you will have of her.

You gave her angel wings and she is now forever young and watching over Dyz, Rose and Jag now from her special place at the bridge with Ruby.

:)

Trina

Thanks Trina, Oonga, Flaves and BP.

Mark and I are coping OK after Jess passing. We know it was the best thing for her, but we do miss her terribly.

She is residing with Mark's parents now, and I know that gives Mark some relief. And I am certain that Jess and Lila will catch up if they have not already.

Jess was a very wise old soul. You could just tell she had been around before, many times I believe. She will greet all new chumbs in heaven and give them guidance I feel certain.

Much appreciated guys.

XX ;)