Gsd Jess

Starkehre

Well, I have just made our vet appointment to have our beautiful old GSD bitch Jess PTS later today. She was turning 15 this year.

Very hard and very sad.

We will miss you Jess. You have always been such a sweet and easy going companion. You are Mark's special girl, and he loves you very much, but you know that. We hope you find Mark's parents over rainbow bridge and join them.

post-27202-1250040591_thumb.jpg

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dyzney

Sending hugs and strength to you and the family at this time, what a brave and very noble thing you do for the one you love so much, this is the kindest and best gift we can give, we love our dogs more than we love our own desire to keep them here and they in turn love us back for making the right choice.

J

Well, I have just made our vet appointment to have our beautiful old GSD bitch Jess PTS later today. She was turning 15 this year.

Very hard and very sad.

We will miss you Jess. You have always been such a sweet and easy going companion. You are Mark's special girl, and he loves you very much, but you know that. We hope you find Mark's parents over rainbow bridge and join them.

Dyzney

Sending hugs and strength to you and the family at this time, what a brave and very noble thing you do for the one you love so much, this is the kindest and best gift we can give, we love our dogs more than we love our own desire to keep them here and they in turn love us back for making the right choice.

J

Very hard and very sad.

Thank you Wazzat Xolo. Very beautifully written, words of wisdom. I will let Mark read thse lovely posts that you all have written.

Hugs, what a beautiful dog she is. You must have been doing something right to get her this far.

Thank you WildAt Heart.

I have only known Jess for the last 5 years, but Mark has had her since she was 8 weeks old. As he lived with his family til fairly recently, Jess lived with them also. Both Mark's parents have died not so long ago, and he feels Jess is his last link to his parents. This is going to be extremely difficult for him. He was so close to his parents.

So sorry-

after 15 years, she will have stored up a lot of love to carry her swiftly over the bridge :(

Thanks persephone. I think you are right.

I have seen it in Jess' eyes for a while IMO. Unfortunately OH and I are on slightly different pages regarding Euth, but as much as I am so sad to see her go, I am so relieved that he has finally agreed to do it now. She is tired, and I know it is her time.

I appreciate your support, all of you.

I commissioned an artist to do this portrait of Jess about 3 years ago, because even then we knew she couldn't have all that much time left. It was for mark's birthday. He loves it, and it hangs on our stairwell wall. I am really glad I had it done..

post-27202-1250053835_thumb.jpg

Thank you 3shepherds and kelpiepupmum for your kind and heartfelt words. It is very reassuring and sweet to know that people on here are so thoughtful and supportive.

Yes, Jess did very well to make it to this age.

When she was about 3 years old, she got very sick, and although it is difficult for Mark to explain it all, it sounded like some digestive thing. Apparently the vets did some sort of exploratory surgery, and then stated there was nothing more they could do for her. They did not expect her to pull through and recommended Mark PTS then. He wouldn't. She had lost a third of her body weight and was wasting away to a shadow, and had no idea why. But he nursed her back to health with chicken and rice, and she had not looked back since. So, a real tough old girl.

Jess went quickly and peacefully this afternoon. The vet was beautiful and behaved exactly as I would have wanted and said all the right things.

We are hanging in there, shedding tears and just 'being there' for one another. I really feel for Mark right now, although he is being very brave, I know he is hurting deeply.

We also lost our Max late last year, so mark plans to scatter both his and Jess' ashes down at his parent's cemetary with their plaques are, once we get Jess' ashes back.

We still have the other 3 dogs here to keep us from getting too miserable. It always brings you back to earth pretty quickly. Jess was a bit of a loaner, so thankfully I know the others will not be pining for her... one less thing to worry about.

Thanks again to all the lovely messages guys.

Sweet Dreams Jess, may you run free at Rainbow Bridge.

RIP Jess :D The night sky now shines a little brighter.

I must say what a grand age for a GSD, no doubt her life was full of lots of love and every hapiness.

:) to you Meg and Mark

Thinking of you both at this very hard time.

Sweet Dreams Jess, may you run free at Rainbow Bridge.

RIP Jess :D The night sky now shines a little brighter.

I must say what a grand age for a GSD, no doubt her life was full of lots of love and every hapiness.

:) to you Meg and Mark

Thinking of you both at this very hard time.

Thanks stolz, and for your lovely email also.

Thank you Griff and Allerzeit.

I am really missing her today. :D :)

Have rung Mark a few times today (at his work) to see how he is. As usual, he soldiers on, doesn't wear his heart on his sleeve like I do.

I know tonight he will literally wrap himself in the other dogs to for comfort. He and Jag are pretty tight, so that is lovely. The boys sort of stick together.

I have tears for you Dyzney cause I know how you are feeling .

But you will hopefully, soon, be able to smile without tears when you think of her. I often get a smile, even though its a sad one, when I think of my Carli and Buddy both of whom I lost in the last year.

Hope Mark is coping well hugs to both of you. :thumbsup:

RIP Jess. :)

I have tears for you Dyzney cause I know how you are feeling .

But you will hopefully, soon, be able to smile without tears when you think of her. I often get a smile, even though its a sad one, when I think of my Carli and Buddy both of whom I lost in the last year.

Hope Mark is coping well hugs to both of you. :thumbsup:

RIP Jess. :)

Thank you carlibud.

I am sorry to hear of your losses. I am glad you can now have that reminiscing smile that is sad but sweet.

You are very right, we will be able to do that soon. I know Jess is where she needs to be now. It is a relief not to have to worry about her anymore. Just miss her terribly.

Mark is coping a lot better than I thought he would, but like I said, he tends to keep it to himself, so it is hard to know.

Hope you have a lovely weekend