Japanese Spitz

Troy

I too am in the process of finding a good breeder for JS pups. If anybody is able to point me to the right directions (I'm located in Brisbane), that'll be much appreciated. I saw an advertisement on www.muamat.com selling JS puppies for $250 - a price which I think is too good to be true. I've contacted them anyway and wanted to see what they say.

Hi lady0421,

I had a look at the website you posted and there seems to be a lot of suspicious looking ads on there, be wary of scammers and puppy farmers/backyard breeders (sadly there are quite a few of these in our breed). The price you could expect to pay for a JS pup from an ethical registered breeder would be $800-$1,000. When are you looking to get a pup? As Kimyata mentioned earlier, Esilanna Japanese Spitz (breeder of my boy) have a litter due to be born next month, let me know if you want any further details or contact info :laugh:

Hi Miss B

Thanks so much for your reply. My husband and I just thought $250 is far too good to be true - it's good to know that we're not the only one feeling that there's something not so right about the advertisement.

We'd love to have a JS pup some time soon; in fact, next months would be really good - coinciding with my birthday :laugh:. I'd love to get in contact with Esilanna - if you could provide me with further contact details, that'd be really good!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Miss B

Thanks so much for your reply. My husband and I just thought $250 is far too good to be true - it's good to know that we're not the only one feeling that there's something not so right about the advertisement.

We'd love to have a JS pup some time soon; in fact, next months would be really good - coinciding with my birthday :eek: . I'd love to get in contact with Esilanna - if you could provide me with further contact details, that'd be really good!!

I have sent you a PM :mad

• 3 months later...

I got told similar from www.muamat.com selling JS pups as well, was $530 for two pups + shipping to anywhere I want in aus... wayy to good to be true :laugh:

possibly try this place if anyone is looking,

http://brisbane.gumtree.com.au/f-Pets-dogs...W0QQCatIdZ18434

sometimes see a few JS pups go for around $750 with papers etc.

been talking with one of the guys selling some JS at the moment on that site and seems ok.

google search 'japanese spitz gumtree' as the gumtree website search is terrible. :thumbsup:

<3 nik

I got told similar from www.muamat.com selling JS pups as well, was $530 for two pups + shipping to anywhere I want in aus... wayy to good to be true :cheer:

possibly try this place if anyone is looking,

http://brisbane.gumtree.com.au/f-Pets-dogs...W0QQCatIdZ18434

sometimes see a few JS pups go for around $750 with papers etc.

been talking with one of the guys selling some JS at the moment on that site and seems ok.

google search 'japanese spitz gumtree' as the gumtree website search is terrible. :thumbsup:

<3 nik

Welcome to the forum.

I wouldn't buy a dog from Gumtree.. sorry. What kind of papers are the people giving you?

Registrations papers or just vaccination papers?

Always go to a registered breeder, where you get to talk and meet the pups parents.

Welcome to the forum.

I wouldn't buy a dog from Gumtree.. sorry. What kind of papers are the people giving you?

Registrations papers or just vaccination papers?

Always go to a registered breeder, where you get to talk and meet the pups parents.

both registration and vaccination i believe, one of my friends got a JS pup from there several months ago, she got to meet the parents and stuff and said the pup was wonderful and no health problems

anyway... i guess that could have just been a one off thing... :\

both registration and vaccination i believe, one of my friends got a JS pup from there several months ago, she got to meet the parents and stuff and said the pup was wonderful and no health problems

anyway... i guess that could have just been a one off thing... :\

I don't know any ethical or registered breeders who adverstise on Gumtree... :rainbowbridge:

• 5 months later...

Hi folks! I'm hoping hubby and I will be ready for a JS puppy some time this year.

Any suggestions on a good show we might go to so that we can chat to a few different people at the same time? I'm in Sydney - should I be looking for somewhere like the Castle Hill Show (biggest suburban Sydney show) or more like the Royal?

• 4 weeks later...
How well do Japanese Spitz handle heat and humidity? Would they cope outside during the day in north Queensland?

As long as they have shelter and a cool place to lay down... then they should be ok.

Sydney has been having major heatwaves (high 30 to low 40 degrees) on and off for a few weeks now, and Emmy spends a lot of time in the bathroom. Whenever she goes outside, she loves it when i spray cold water on. Most of the time, she just sleeps and rest.

As long as they have shelter and a cool place to lay down... then they should be ok.

Sydney has been having major heatwaves (high 30 to low 40 degrees) on and off for a few weeks now, and Emmy spends a lot of time in the bathroom. Whenever she goes outside, she loves it when i spray cold water on. Most of the time, she just sleeps and rest.

Thanks. :)

Still got a year or two to wait until we're ready for another dog, but its never to early to start the research!

Thanks. :laugh:

Still got a year or two to wait until we're ready for another dog, but its never to early to start the research!

Good luck :eek:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I've just been wondering, the difference of Japanese spitz and American Eskimo dog. I've never seen an AE but from what I've read they come in different sizes. Anything else that is different with them?

How would you go about differentiating them? From the google pictures they look so similar?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

size, colour (cream or biscut is permissible). Most significant difference is size (they have standard and minature), other than that they are almost identical. There are also difference sizes in the AE and as a result, the smaller sizes are not as close to standard as they tried to breed for smaller size (minature AE is same size as JS) not as much for conformation.