Molly

ninoid12

Molly,

Thankyou. Thankyou for being there for me, no matter what. Thankyou for being my best friend, my confidante, my everything.

I was looking for a golden cocker spaniel puppy when i saw you in the shelter pen. The second we made eye contact i KNEW you were mine. We were best mates. We practiced and practiced obedience and won two 3rds in competition. I would take you down to the paddock and you would lie next to me when Red would eat the grass next to us. You loved eating his hoof trimmings, yuck! LOL. You used to snuggle under the blankets in winter to keep warm, im glad mum never told us off for having so much black hair thru the sheets LOL. Mol, you were just perfect. I miss your greying face. Your fat lumps appearing everywhere. Your funny bark that started as one noise and ended with a moving mouth with nothing coming out. I even miss your farts. God, i never thought i would!

I am glad you told me it was time. I hoped i would know. I would have done anything for more time. Just one more day. But you were tired. And it wasnt fair. I hope you liked the pats i gave you. Wasnt John the Vet good? He loved you too you know? He was sad, i could tell. He carried you so nicely to the car. But i know you were gone, you were already up in heaven, i know that.

Guess what? I bought a gorgeous ring for you! Its an oval amethyst, with two little diamonds either side. A small amount of filligree, 9k gold. You would have liked it. Not too flashy but not too basic. Just right. Like you. And i even got them to engrave "Molly" inside. I am wearing it now. Its perfect. I plan to wear it always.

Thankyou Molly.

I love you.

Image101.jpg

Image111-1.jpg

Image110.jpg

* excerpt from AAPS shelter stories (emailed in by me Jan09)

"On the 25th of January, 1995 a new addition arrived in the family.

Boisterous and hairy, Miss Molly fits right in. She was an intelligent and hungry 9mth old Labrador cross Kelpie who was to be my best friend. Molly lay by me when I did homework, allowed me to cry tears on her through my teenage years, and eagerly pinched treats from under the dining room table.

More than fourteen years have passed and nothing is different. She is still my best friend. Still sneaks up to me when I cry. Still demands to be fed at five pm on the dot. I hope to have many years ahead with her. She is my everything. Thankyou aaps. Nina"

Image112.jpg

Here is the gorgeous ring i got in her memory

I cant talk atm, sick and run down from the ordeal. but i want to say thankyou to everyone who has read this, regardless of whether you replied or not. Its the reading and thinking and caring that are so much appreciated in this time of need. You all got me thru this. Thankyou

*huge hugs*

Nina, so sorry still for the passing of Molly. She was a beautiful old girl who adored you and enjoyed her life to the fullest, even if the fullest did involve paddle pop sticks and trips to the emergency vets. I feel blessed to have known her and enjoy her company.

Hugs to you for being so brave as to do the right thing when the time came.

Rest easy and free Molly, restored to youth and health at the bridge :laugh: