Litters Due: October 2009

jerojath

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My pups are not doing to well. Yesterday in Brunswick the temp that I know off got to 39 Deg. :):mad

I had a hell of a trouble keeping the pups warm but cool. Weight gain had been good but this morning was not and they looked really flat. But seemed to have perked up now. Here is hoping. :D

I hear you BB. I'm still battling with my little purple girl too.

She did rally today and made a concerted effort to latch on by herself for the first time in a couple of days and she's not making a horrific noise that could be heard right through the house any more so I'm hopeful that she is turning one corner or another.

She has put on a couple of grams since yesterday too and Vanni is still looking after her between tube feeds so I can only hope that at worst, she continues as she is.

I'm just so tired it isn't funny. Am feeling punch drunk most of the time now. Went to make a cuppa before and discovered the milk in the microwave and my cup in the fridge. Wouldn't be so bad except that I'd filled the kettle with milk as well! *sigh*

I hear you BB. I'm still battling with my little purple girl too.

She did rally today and made a concerted effort to latch on by herself for the first time in a couple of days and she's not making a horrific noise that could be heard right through the house any more so I'm hopeful that she is turning one corner or another.

She has put on a couple of grams since yesterday too and Vanni is still looking after her between tube feeds so I can only hope that at worst, she continues as she is.

I'm just so tired it isn't funny. Am feeling punch drunk most of the time now. Went to make a cuppa before and discovered the milk in the microwave and my cup in the fridge. Wouldn't be so bad except that I'd filled the kettle with milk as well! *sigh*

ellz, has Mr. ellz got the boys?? If so that at least is one thing else to worry about.

I stayed in bed until 10am this morning so that helped to catch up a bit. Plan tonight is to go to bed after the 8pm feed. I'm doing 3 am and 6am after 12mn.

The boys are at respite at the moment thank goodness. Timing worked in well with the puppies arrival. And even better with having this little struggler around.

Just praying now that Koda is considerate and doesn't have too many in her litter at the end of the month and that she is smart enough to care for them! :D

October has not been a good month for litters!

So sorry Whipitgood :(

BB - I hope your little ones hang it there. They sound like fighters.

Ellz - Fingers and toes crossed for your little purple girl. She's hanging in there :D

6 days old today and still hanging in there. Pink girl is well over 300gr and little purple is hovering around the 245gr mark. She's not as wheezy as she was but still isn't as strong as I'd really like either. But so far....so good! :D

Hope your guys keep hanging in there too BB. I'll say it again, I DO wish we lived closer! :(

I do hope Miss Purple makes it Ellz. Any news BB?

Not good news. Blenheim girl has got the dreaded fading puppy syndrome and the others are not tp flash very small weight gains. :confused:

I hate it when they linger. One minute lying there flat as a biscuit then they up and wander across the box.

Hoping today is better for you BB lots of healing vibes being sent to your babies xxx from me..... and ellz the girls are divine and cannot blame you for wanting to keep both, lets hope miss purple continues to improve :eek:

Thanks Bokezu! They're pretty darned cute! I *think* I can see the glint of an eye starting to happen too in the bigger girl!! :happydance:

I am quietly thinking now that we have turned a major corner with little Purple. Every time the alarm went last night, I'd hear TWO sets of slurpers at the milkbar and when I'd check, both would be plugged in very securely with tails in the air and "full suck ahead". I didn't tube her overnight, I didn't want to unplug her and take the risk of making her reluctant to latch on and suck for herself. I'll make the decision through the day today as to whether I continue with intensive round-the-clock tubing or whether I do it on an "as needed" basis for a top up. If she maintains her weight today, I'll still keep setting the alarm and check on her 24/7 but I won't tube unless she starts going backwards again.

:p :laugh::rofl::(:thumbsup: Good news ellz.

Mine are fading away slowly. :cry:

:hug: BB. I'm so sorry. I am just so very thankful that Vanni went full term (over actually) if these girls hadn't been well-cooked I think I would have been in the same situation. :(

Ellz - Glad things are looking more secure for your little one. She is lovely!

BB - Don't lose hope....they've hung in this long. Keep working at it.

You're doing everything you can. It's up to nature now. Wishing you all the very best of luck for them. :p