Litters Due: October 2009

jerojath

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still nothing. Very unsettled night though. Puppies are still bumping and grinding around so I'm not too concerned on that front. I'm going to ring the vet today and make an appointment for tomorrow. If all else fails, we can have a section at a civilised hour and not get charged after hours fees! :rofl:

Edited because my eyelids are glued together. Puppy watch is almost as bad as foal watch.

Edited by ellz

I just don't think the pair of you have gone without enough sleep deprivation yet :eek: Am sure most bitches wait until your eyes are crossing from lack of sleep before they start to push them out :confused: I am normally feeling like a zombie and then they start.

Hope all goes well with the impending births :rofl:

Temp down to 36.9.

Have rung vet to have a bit of a chat about how we are going to proceed...just waiting for a callback.

Are you worried she'll need a c-section?

Not entirely but I'd rather have her booked in just in case, then it'll be a daytime thing and save me a motzer on after hours fees.

She's just not doing as much as I would hope. This is the third time her temp has dipped. She's not at all keen on eating. She's been nesting off and on since last week. The puppies don't seem to have moved very far back or "dropped" like I'd say that they should. And if she only has a couple on board, there may not be enough hormone present to trigger labour of course and I really don't think she has more than a couple.

On the brighter side, the puppies are still active and she's still happy and bright within herself.

I'd just feel better if I spoke to the vet, ran my dates and times and numbers past them and got their opinion.

Not entirely but I'd rather have her booked in just in case, then it'll be a daytime thing and save me a motzer on after hours fees.

She's just not doing as much as I would hope. This is the third time her temp has dipped. She's not at all keen on eating. She's been nesting off and on since last week. The puppies don't seem to have moved very far back or "dropped" like I'd say that they should. And if she only has a couple on board, there may not be enough hormone present to trigger labour of course and I really don't think she has more than a couple.

On the brighter side, the puppies are still active and she's still happy and bright within herself.

I'd just feel better if I spoke to the vet, ran my dates and times and numbers past them and got their opinion.

Always best to be safe that sorry.

Wishing you all the best whish everyway she goes.

Leanne

Temp down to 36.9.

Have rung vet to have a bit of a chat about how we are going to proceed...just waiting for a callback.

Are you worried she'll need a c-section?

Yes, always the risk with a small number that things may not progress...keep us posted!

Temp is still 36.9.

She just went outside and did the most revolting coloured sticky poo. :clap:

Came inside happily, took herself into the Puppy Palace, rearranged her newspaper a bit and is now laying down having another snooze! *sigh*

Edited by ellz

Just spoke to the vet. She has until mid-morning tomorrow to do something constructive. If she isn't showing signs of whelping, she has to go in for at the very least a check over. If she is dilating, it might be as simple as a shot of oxy to get her moving. If not, it'll be a section.

I have to go out now to check the mail and get some milk and the newspaper so I'm going to take her with me and maybe the movement of the car will stir things up a bit.

Just spoke to the vet. She has until mid-morning tomorrow to do something constructive. If she isn't showing signs of whelping, she has to go in for at the very least a check over. If she is dilating, it might be as simple as a shot of oxy to get her moving. If not, it'll be a section.

I have to go out now to check the mail and get some milk and the newspaper so I'm going to take her with me and maybe the movement of the car will stir things up a bit.

Sounds like a plan :clap:

...though the car ride could backfire and lull her into sleep :clap:

Sounds like a plan :clap:

...though the car ride could backfire and lull her into sleep :clap:

She couldn't possibly sleep any more soundly than she is at the moment. I keep telling myself it's the "calm before the storm" phase where everything rests in preparation for what is to come! :clap:

Home again.

She's panting a little bit, but that could be because it's quite warm outside. I'm not even going to think about her for the rest of the day.

I also dropped into the bottle-o and bought myself a can of a little "something". If the fact that I have consumed alcohol doesn't make her start, nothing will! :clap: