Canon's New Contender - The 7d

kja

I'm looking at a prosumer model that can video and take digital photos so that I dun have to bring along my sony handicam as well when I travel....together with a 28-300IS (or prob a wide angle zoom as well) I think I can leave home with just the 2 of them!

I'm confused....isn't it more of an upgrade to the X0D series and not the XD series? Why call it 7d then?

Maybe you could get tempted by it Tess... if you just knew what it was. :D

:D

That's ok, at least i know how to use them :D

the 7d is sort of between the 50D and the 5d Mark II

The video quality is apparently better than a 5D mark II but it's still a cropped frame like the 50D.

It's a nice option to have for those who want a little more punch than a 50D but don't want something as full on as a 5D mark II.

Nope, it's a 1.6 crop just like the XXDs and XXXDs :thumbsup: If I was still shooting with a 20D or 30D, I'd probably seriously consider this if I wanted to upgrade; same if I was shooting one of the Rebel line. If a 40D dies I'll probably look at this over the 50D, but I love my 40Ds and hope that doesn't happen for a long while yet!

I was told it's a 1.5 crop.

eta: guess I'll wait and see. I don't see the point upgrading my 30D to a 50D but might be tempted on this one if the crop is 1.6, no less. I need reach.

Edited by Ripley

• 1 month later...