Wish Us Luck!

Hi everyone, well tomorrow Charlotte and I are competing in our first Obedience trial. I have been meaning to trial for a while but kept chickening out :rofl:

Wish us luck tomorrow, it's a double and hope i have everything to take!

I have the following ready to take...

Charlotte

Lead

Collar

Poo bags

Bowl and water

Treats for being a good girl out of the ring

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We sucked and failed both trials!

I did get good tips and suggestions from both judges and another competitor who helped out too with tips. I was a nervous wreck when I went in the ring was more confident the second time, so I know what i need to do next time. There was someone who was a real nasty piece of work i can see why some are turned off trialling but i told her if she has nothing nice to say to me about my dog dont speak at all. Didnt turn me off :)

On the upside i met a lady who has her litter sister and nice to know it is such a small world!

I did get good tips and suggestions from both judges and another competitor who helped out too with tips. I was a nervous wreck when I went in the ring was more confident the second time, so I know what i need to do next time. There was someone who was a real nasty piece of work i can see why some are turned off trialling but i told her if she has nothing nice to say to me about my dog dont speak at all. Didnt turn me off ;)

On the upside i met a lady who has her litter sister and nice to know it is such a small world!

Oh such a shame, but congratulations on making it through your first trial!! :scold: Glad you got some nice tips from some people and the judges - can't believe other people can be so nasty, though! :cry: ;) Good on you for not letting it get you down. I don't know if I could go on unnerved if someone said to my face how much we suck in a nasty manner. I'm sure you guys did great and congrats once again on getting through your first! Best of luck for the next one :hug:

The first is always the hardest. Well done for getting out there and dont let nasties get you down.. The majority of people who trial are nice, helpful and realize that we all had a first trial once.

I also think the majority of people realise new people are the future of obedience trialling. If new people are not coming onto the scene all the time, the sport would die off!

Well done on getting through your first trial!!!! The first ones always the hardest, so thats a big step

Now you also know what you'll need to work on, in a real trial environment, which is another bonus,

Enter another soon, then you have a specific date to work to

I did get good tips and suggestions from both judges and another competitor who helped out too with tips. I was a nervous wreck when I went in the ring was more confident the second time, so I know what i need to do next time. There was someone who was a real nasty piece of work i can see why some are turned off trialling but i told her if she has nothing nice to say to me about my dog dont speak at all. Didnt turn me off ;)

Awww ;), don't let it get you down! I find that Obedience incredibly fun and challenging and that is the fun of it, especially trialling!

What happened with that nasty person? What did they do if you don't mind me asking? I know it happens in showing and some other sport, but I find it odd it happens in obedience! Considering most time its one on one except for the stays. I don't get why anyone would be nasty over an obedience trials :cry:

What a shame you didn't pass. Though I'm sure it was a great learning experience for you and that big hurdle of the first trial is gone!! :scold:

Our first is in a few weeks, so I'll be in the same position as you soon!! Eek!

You and me both! I've set the date in November! Too bad Bella doesn't know yet ;) (She knows about testing day next Sunday, but not the trialling)! lol :hug:

Question to Lucy: What did you trial for? Is it CCD?

Edited by Tambaqui

Sorry forgot to say we were in CCD.

The nasty person told me that I should have slapped her around before going in the ring so she'd listen to me and that i clearly have absolutely no idea what the hell i am doing because i sucked! For the drop stay Charlotte broke (rolled on her side) and apparently it was my fault for making her dog get up and start going over to her and not to mention sniffing and licking a Boxer on the head. Lucky the Boxer didnt get up. I watched this person in the ring and yeah she was fairly good but her scores werent that great. She said the judge in the first trial was a so and so (wont say exactly what she said as its quite colourful) for not allowing a second chance to get to do it again. um hello i am a newbie and i knew immediately we stuffed it when Charlotte broke the drop stay.

Vent over feeling better.

I am entered in one October 4 not sure if that is too soon or not but oh well we will see :laugh: Despite this person making it difficult for several people at the trial, i havent been turned off.

Ok dont laugh at us but scores were 48 and 23 :laugh:

Edited by LucyCharzie

No laughing here, well done!!!

And poo to that person :rofl: She now knows to proof her dog's stays better for dogs next to her that roll onto their side :laugh:

Go you Rubystar.... There is always one in a crowd. Good on you for locating the one in your crowd early. At least you have cracked that barrier and competed! :laugh:

I think you mean LucyCharzie :rofl:

Edited by RubyStar