Att: Eagle Pack Feeders

Guest english.ivy

Guest belgian.blue

Hey hey

I would like to swap Ivy to a different dry food in a month or two and I'd like to ask a few questions to anyone who uses Eagle Pack .. Pretty much any feed back you may have .. Yup I know there are threads on Eagle Pack but I wanted to start fresh with my own!

What breed of dog eats it?

Puppy/adult?

Which line of dry do you use/tried?

I'm still very happy with feeding her Cal Nat but I just can't stand to support PP any longer :laugh: Still have about half of a 16kg bag and would like to swap her over really slowly, so have a few weeks to choose a new dry!

Thanks for reading and assisting :laugh:

I have been feeding Eagle Pack Holistic (the fish one) for about 2 months now. Can't really comment on it yet. The dog still prefers to try and steal Coprice, but he cannot have wheat. I am not overly thrilled and will be trying Artemis next.

I have used the fish one for a number of years and find it good. But recently they ran out, so i tried the small breed formula (it have more fat and protein I think) and they like that too. Maybe I will stick to the small breed formula as mine are a small breed (9kg each).

Guest belgian.blue
I have been feeding Eagle Pack Holistic (the fish one) for about 2 months now. Can't really comment on it yet. The dog still prefers to try and steal Coprice, but he cannot have wheat. I am not overly thrilled and will be trying Artemis next.

Why are you not thrilled? What are it's down points?

eta - do you know where to buy Artemis online?

Edited by belgian.blue

We are using the holistic blend duck meal and oatmeal dry and my dogs seem to be doing really well on it, I am pleased with the whole range of the holistic and we have the cans of holistic duck and chicken formula as a back up if I run out of mince etc :laugh: but it isn't the most economical though and it is important to have a good supplier who can keep it stocked.

I have been advised that EP is no longer going to be distributed overseas.

This came from the Great Dane Lady who has used it in her feeding programs for years however no longer recommends it due to the fact it no longer follows the original recipes.

She put me on to Golden Eagle which goes back to the original recipes - http://www.goldeneaglepetfoods.com/index.html.

Presumably it will come to Australia in due course?

Love it! Have tried many others but keep coming back to EP. It's hard to source at the moment though.

A few shipments have just come in. I've been waiting for Morgie's food for weeks and finally got it on Thursday night.

I am currently feeding EP Holistic Chicken for Morgan, she does well on it. My other 2 get Artemis Maximal Grain Free as Doog can't have grain. I prefer Artemis over EP but Morgan's gut doesn't tolerate it.

Guest belgian.blue

Hmm not too sure I want to start Ivy on a food that maybe not be available soon or hard to source. Though will pay a visit to my local Pets and Gardens, where I have seen it stocked in the past.

The quest continues ..

I tried a couple of bags of Pro Plan Selects, which is NOT the standard Pro Plan. It's in a white bag and has an photo of a dog on the pack (it's also not the breeders bag of Pro Plan which is also white but without the photo).

The dogs LOVED it, the ingredient list was very good, but it's an expensive food. I could use it as training treats though, because the dogs just adored it. They did well on the few meals they had each week (amongst their raw) but it wasn't available locally and I had to travel 90 minutes to buy it so it just got too expensive.

I had been fedding EP Holistic and felt the dogs did better on the Pro Plan Selects.

Guest belgian.blue
I tried a couple of bags of Pro Plan Selects, which is NOT the standard Pro Plan. It's in a white bag and has an photo of a dog on the pack (it's also not the breeders bag of Pro Plan which is also white but without the photo).

Where did you buy this from? What price did you pay and for how many kgs?

The dogs LOVED it, the ingredient list was very good, but it's an expensive food. I could use it as training treats though, because the dogs just adored it. They did well on the few meals they had each week (amongst their raw) but it wasn't available locally and I had to travel 90 minutes to buy it so it just got too expensive.

I had been fedding EP Holistic and felt the dogs did better on the Pro Plan Selects.

I feed my young boy EP simply due to major growing but hated the range,the coat was horrible,soft stools couldnt wait to change.

I trialled the pro plan select(won so much at shows)s & great for fussy eaters but made my guys drink WAAY to much.

I have stuck with pro plan salmon for years & very happy with it plus the raw.

Guest belgian.blue
I have stuck with pro plan salmon for years & very happy with it plus the raw.

changed my mind on what I posted .. Found the ingred. list for this product and wow I'm impressed. Though it doesn't state the amount/percentage of salt?

Edited by belgian.blue

My three (Irish Setters x 2 and 1 Lab) are on EP holistic - either duck and oatmeal or the anchovy. They love it and it seems to agree with them. I have heard of others' dogs who don't do as well on it. Like anything, you need to end up choosing the food your dogs do best on. I would recommend the product, though.

My Lab is allergic to just about everything, including chicken, but he can handle the duck and oatmeal, even though it is made with some chicken.

My Shelties love the eagle pack esp the Duck and the Natural Formula, not so keen on the Anchovy.

BUT I had problems with the chicken formula, one of my dogs got sick from it - was throwing it up. Since this happened I found out you can contact eagle pack for samples packs if you want to try before you buy.

Edited by CP*

We use EP Power for the adult Collies and we are more than thrilled with there condition. Puppies are on a mix of Advance puppy and EP Holistic Puppy (at the moment - yes due to supply issues).

Weight, Colour, Condition (body & coat), fertility the works have all to date been spot one. We don't supplement with anything anymore.

Cheers Kate