K9 Force In Queensland

Yay, it's finally home time :thumbsup: Everyone at work asked me what I was going to do on my day off, they all think I'm a dog freak :cheer:

My staff have given up on calling me a dog freak, its more like "Oh your having a day off? Going to a dog show/event are you?" :)

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yay, it's finally home time :cheer: Everyone at work asked me what I was going to do on my day off, they all think I'm a dog freak :)

My staff have given up on calling me a dog freak, its more like "Oh your having a day off? Going to a dog show/event are you?" :laugh:

What else would one do on their day off? :thumbsup::laugh:

K9: hey guys don't feed, exercise your dogs or play with them before the workshop! I can use that energy!

Are you serious? Oh dear. The feeding thing isn't too big a deal (as in they won't be hungry but at the same time they are never satisfied) as those two LOOOOVE their snacks (dog treats) however the energy side..... Um. Yeah... HAHAHAHA I will also be arriving be dragged by one or both dogs. hahaha

For me personally, I'm ready. I have their tie-outs and the stake to hammer into the ground (I've used it before + they were fine with it).

Just that... it depends on them ultimately... I will make the call in the AM when I visit them whether I will take them along or not.

Or if I will just take Bella in which case I will need to exercise Kobe to make sure he's tired so he won't "miss" Bella.

None the less, I hope it will be a good day indeed!

One question... what if neither dog (that I am planning to take) has any favourite toys? The two I'm planning to bring along.. their "drive" is food/treat orientated... not really toys. Time and time again their training comes down to the treats.... they will behave for the treats.

Edited by AussieVee

One question... what if neither dog (that I am planning to take) has any favourite toys? The two I'm planning to bring along.. their "drive" is food/treat orientated... not really toys. Time and time again their training comes down to the treats.... they will behave for the treats.

If they aren't that motivated by toys, bring their favourite food treats instead :thumbsup:

Daisy can be prey driven and has a couple of favourite toys but because I work her in food drive I will only be bringing food.

For me personally, I'm ready. I have their tie-outs and the stake to hammer into the ground (I've used it before + they were fine with it).

No need to bring stakes, its all on concrete and you can tether dogs to the poles.

Bed? What's that?? Burn Notice is about to start! But that's right it's going to take most of you guys at least 2 hours to get there which means you guys have to leave before I even wake up!!! :love: :p

blah blah blah I hate you :)

You guys know how I said I was going to fast Daisy? Yeah. Well... I felt bad. And gave her about 1/3 of a cup of Cherry's Eagle Pack Holistic biscuits at dinner time :laugh: I am so soft :shrug: But I will definitely not be feeding her tomorrow morning!

Well I am probably first home (a combination of getting away quickly & living on the southside of Brisbane), I had a great day, Steve was very informative & of course I was impressed by Ella's work, how could you not be? :( It was lovely to meet the people I did & Huski, I don't think you should ever call Daisy the Evil Beagle ever again, she was so well behaved & did some great work in drive :laugh: .

I agree. Daisy is NOT the evil beagle. She's an angel!

On the other hand, my two... gah!... if one wasn't making noise the other was making noise!

I knew they hated being separated but .. DAMN... now they are flaked out back at their home.

The only downside is that I have a very very bad feeling I left all my notes (a red clipboard type folder) back at Camp Tailwaggers :laugh:

So if ANYONE has it ... please please please return it ! I'll reimburse you for express postage!

Also to the kind DOLer that did bring the extra crate, I didn't approach you for it as they seemed quite fine with being tied out. They didn't cause too many problems thankfully.

We were taught how to use a prong collar properly. It opened my eyes up big time as I wasn't a fan of it because I had seen all the pictures etc of the wrong use of it... however after seeing both dogs react positively as such to it (in re loose leash training) ... man I'm converted!

Also the dog 2 dog aggression information was invaluable (as it seems Kobe might have some issues with aggression towards "intact" males).

So yeah I am very glad I went along. Very glad. I learnt a lot even if I lost all my notes. I still have a lot of stuff fresh in my mind thankfully.

Pardon me if I didn't introduce myself more... I was the one in the pink dress with the black lab and the staffy. I tend to hold back at first. Not meaning to be rude.

Edited by AussieVee

Huski, I don't think you should ever call Daisy the Evil Beagle ever again, she was so well behaved & did some great work in drive :laugh: .
I agree. Daisy is NOT the evil beagle. She's an angel!

Didn't you guys hear her barking her head off?? :( Not surprisingly she was exhausted on the way home and I didn't hear a peep out of her :eek:

Thanks for the compliments about her... even though I still think she is evil, I am very proud of how far she has come even though we aren't quite there yet :eek:

The only downside is that I have a very very bad feeling I left all my notes (a red clipboard type folder) back at Camp Tailwaggers :rofl:

Ohhh no! When I was driving home there was a red clipboardy folder with stacks of sheets of paper blowing around on the side of the road not too far from Camp Tailwaggers!! :rofl: :rofl: Is it possible that you could have put it on the roof of the car or something? I really hope that wasn't yours & that it was left at camp & someone picked it up for you.

Pardon me if I didn't introduce myself more... I was the one in the pink dress with the black lab and the staffy. I tend to hold back at first. Not meaning to be rude.

I think I really only spoke to 2 people from DOL (Seita & Huski cos they are the only 2 I recognised), it's really hard cos you look like a right d*ck going around to everyone saying "Are you a DOLer?", most people must look at you & think "Are you one of the crazies?" ;) :rofl: .

ETA - Ohh & of course BC4Me is from DOL, but she doesnt count cos she's crazy and a DOLer :rofl: :rofl:

ETAA - it's easier too when you have an easily recognisable dog ie Daisy being a Beagle & Jarah being a kelpie, also when you are made to get up in front of everyone & do something (Daisy's demo & our dancing routines :rofl: ).

Edited by MrsD

Ohhh no! When I was driving home there was a red clipboardy folder with stacks of sheets of paper blowing around on the side of the road not too far from Camp Tailwaggers!! :rofl: :rofl: Is it possible that you could have put it on the roof of the car or something? I really hope that wasn't yours & that it was left at camp & someone picked it up for you.

Oh shoot!!!! That would be it ;) I had a bad feeling I did leave it on the roof of the car. Damnit.

I wonder if it is worth going back (it's only $30 fuel trip)... ? How far "down the road" from Camp Tailwaggers do you think it was ..? I was soooo hoping it had fell off in the carpark at the shed as then someone would find it. Damnit.

In re Daisy - I raise you two dogs who were noisier than Daisy esp. when separated.... the black lab (Bella) half of the two of them who would bark if another dog was getting excited or another dog made an entrance at the beginning... she is a noisy one :rofl: