• Tanner
    • Lincoln
    • Knox
    • Hunter
    • Maverick
    • Smith
    • Del
    • Remington

Ok. I am a names person, I like to have something named to make it more real and personal when discussing it. Toby was named as my next dog months before my parents said I could get a new dog... but having a name makes things more personal!

My theme is American names, I don't really know much about America so my choice was pretty narrow. Feel free to suggest any more names that might suit my little brown boy!

Edited to get rid of two names I just realised I would not call my dog.

Edited by valleywa

Oh America the land of the free :(

They sound a bit like surnames to me. How about naming him after a famous American?

How about

Johnnie after Johnnie Cochrane

Louis after Louis Armstrong

Jesse after Jesse Jackson

Prince (the singer)

Ali (after Muhammad)

Edited by ncarter

I can't call my dog Johnnie cause of my uncle, my cousin already has a dog called Lou another cousin's girlfriend is called Jess! (Too many cousins I think) Prince makes my dog sound a bit girly and Ali does not really sound American...

Thanks for trying through! :(

I do like surnames as first names, and quite a few of the names are from American Presidents and Scientists (Yes... I read about the scientests at uni)... Or just because I like it and it sounds really American...

I like Lincoln too and Link is a cute nickname!

:( Ricky Bobby... Maybe if it was a breed from the deep south! I have looked for Chesapeake Bay themed names but sadly Smith is the only one I have found I could stand to call my dog.

Dog's dad name is Bullet and his half sister is Shooter so Hunter fits in with the theme! His mum's name is Sparkle....

I like Chevy.. but my dad drives one so it would be a bit confusing sometimes...

And Boston is really cute but I like it for a girl with Bossy as her nickname.

I have Theodore in my list already.. but no-one is voting for it and I spelt it wrong!

I really like Barack and Kennedy but I am a bit tentative calling my dog a modern political name in case people want to discuss poltics with me because they think I'm a hige fan or something!

..Sly.. as in Sylvester Stallone

..Claude as in Jean-Claude Van Damme

..Travis as in Travis Pastrana or Travis Baker of Blink182

..Cena as in John Cena

:(

Is it sad that although these names sound familiar I would not be able to identify these people from a picture...

:flame: And here I am naming my dog scientist and presidents names... who says uni is good for you social life :flame: