Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

I never enter any competitions, don't have the time and I don't consider myself very lucky.

Anyway - being on holidays and trying to find something else to do other than unpack boxes, I had been listening to the radio and heard the Big Couch crew taking about the Dogies. So on Tuesday night I went to the 94.5 website -had a quick look and decided to enter one of the kids in the best smile competition.

Blow me down if I wasn't shopping on Wednesday afternoon and the phone rang to say that we were one of the finalists and had won 2 tickets to the Dogie Awards at Mosmans Restaurant :laugh:

Go Ptolomy! :vomit: I think you should post the piccie up. :thumbsup:

Hey that's awesome! :laugh: I never win anything either :vomit:

We didn't do too badly from the losers bin at nationals. :rofl: Bringing your cabana Sat?

Yep I always do but I was thinking of not putting it up because as stupid as it sounds my mum pointed out that I'm all serious when I put it up and that might be contributing to Kyzer's failure :thumbsup:

Hey that's awesome! :laugh: I never win anything either :vomit:

We didn't do too badly from the losers bin at nationals. :rofl: Bringing your cabana Sat?

Yep I always do but I was thinking of not putting it up because as stupid as it sounds my mum pointed out that I'm all serious when I put it up and that might be contributing to Kyzer's failure :rofl:

:thumbsup: Maybe having Toby there is his lucky charm. :rofl: It is supposed to be rainy. :rofl:

I was going to leave Trixie at home but OH has to fly out on Sat now so she can come with me. The weather can't be worse than it was at Rockingham, yuckkk. Yes hopefully Toby will be a lucky charm, or perhaps he and Kyzer can have a D&M so Kyzer can sort himself out :laugh:

I found it :thumbsup: It was Lara wasn't it :rofl:

:laugh:

I cracked up laughing when I saw it, and the caption made it even funnier. I can see why it is a finalist! Hopefully Lara will bring home the big prize! :vomit:

I never enter any competitions, don't have the time and I don't consider myself very lucky.

Anyway - being on holidays and trying to find something else to do other than unpack boxes, I had been listening to the radio and heard the Big Couch crew taking about the Dogies. So on Tuesday night I went to the 94.5 website -had a quick look and decided to enter one of the kids in the best smile competition.

Blow me down if I wasn't shopping on Wednesday afternoon and the phone rang to say that we were one of the finalists and had won 2 tickets to the Dogie Awards at Mosmans Restaurant :laugh:

congratulations and good luck

So dogs can transfer between NZ and Oz no problems?

As far as I know they just check them out at the airport in NZ make sure they are vaccinated etc and thats it...

NZ is a rabies free country so as long as a dog coming from a Cat 4 country does the required quarantine 6 +1 they are happy to move them to Aus thrpough NZ!!

J

Yeah, not a fan of the constantly-wet runs, I have to say. Also not great, because my mad red missie has taken the skin off her tail, and it isn't getting any chance to heal in a small brick run...

I don't mind the booking system for the exercise yards so much. What I'm not thrilled about is the limited days to visit. However, having said that - the drive to Byford from Ashby even 3 days a week is MAMMOTH - more than 485kms per week! Made harder by a bored 1 year old who doesn't appreciate having to spend her life in the car.

try it from backward Bunbury! what a boring trip too,

[

One week tomorrow and my babies are released from prison :love: They have had enough now and so have we, Louis in particular is going stir crazy - not surprising on 1 and 1/2 hours exercise a week! Can't wait to get them home for snuggles :rofl: We have an expensive shopping trip this weekend as we need to get dog beds, cat bed, cat climbing frame, litter tray, toys etc :rofl: They are going to be so spoilt on release :)

OH you lucky thing - 1 week will hopefully go quickly and I didn't even have to edit Louie barking out of the video.

I wish I could rally up enough support to get something done about the conditions in Quarantine. Just a cover over the roof would mean that the kennels/sleeping areas/bedding are not totally soaked when it rains. I know when we had kennels after hosing them down we would get the excess water out with a rubber broom, meaning the kennels would dry quickly - somehow I don't think this is done. At $39 a day I expect a lot more than what we are getting and unfortunately we don't have a choice. Oh and another gripe - I asked if anybody had booked the exercises area we were in for the 12-12.30 slot and was immediately told that all dogs were only allowed 30 minutes outside and we had had our 30 minutes. And while I am at it - visiting days are Monday, Wednesday and friday 11.30-12.30 it sucks!

I feel better now :laugh:

Hello I was in the exercise yard close by with a toy poodle

I have phoned the "boss" Chris at head office and he talked down to me as if I was a child.

all he could say was he would look into the damp dogs and smell when he visited on Wednesday.I still havent heard from him

Apparently they are going to make all the Quarantine Staions uniform which could mean only 2 days visiting for 1 hour .

It is on the website about only half an hour in the outside yards.why they enforce this when no one is coming into the yard after me is beyond me.

Short staffed was another comment made by him,maybe he should spend time there and see just what is done or not done.

The whole system is purely a revenue raiser.How can it be "Quarantine" when one dog after another walks over the same yard,passage way to go outside.

and uses the grooming room one after another???? Plus the water bowls in the outside yards are not sterilised between dogs and most of the time a dish is in the yard I use for my boy to drink out of after it has been used by the previous dog.

Cant wait to get him out of that place and if I import again will go through NZ also.

might be 90 days but they are in a private house and a friend just had a British go there from UK and was only cahrged $12 aday and his freight over to Perth

cheers

I always feel that the Staff are doing us a favour!!

I go back to work on MOnday (boo Hoo :) ) which means that I cannot visit Strauss for the next 3 weeks - unless I throw a sickie. I was told that if I let the staff know - they will take him out for a run into the outside exercise areas. WRONG! I spoke to one of the staff on Friday and that is only true if you cannot visit for the entire 30 days. She was going to speak to her boss about it (he wasn't there) and I was to ring next Monday to find out if my puppy was going to get a run or not. Very Poor if you ask me. :laugh:

I want to write to somebody but not sure who!

and sorry - they tell me it takes them 8 hours to feed and clean all the kennels - You have to be kidding :love:

I go back to work on MOnday (boo Hoo :laugh: ) which means that I cannot visit Strauss for the next 3 weeks - unless I throw a sickie. I was told that if I let the staff know - they will take him out for a run into the outside exercise areas. WRONG! I spoke to one of the staff on Friday and that is only true if you cannot visit for the entire 30 days. She was going to speak to her boss about it (he wasn't there) and I was to ring next Monday to find out if my puppy was going to get a run or not. Very Poor if you ask me. :laugh:

and sorry - they tell me it takes them 8 hours to feed and clean all the kennels - You have to be kidding :rofl:

Oh no poor Strauss!

I remember when my friends staffy arrived from RSA I went with her to visit him and her friends dog was in there too, his mum could not visit as she was in Brisbane ( there is no quarantine station there) and he was not taken out by the staff for exercise, she eventually asked us to please take him out ( I was driving my friend there as she does not drive) and so we took him out 2x a week or else for 30 days he would have been stuck in his cage ( there was no run it was one of the smaller inside ones as he was a tiny little dog).

Ptolomy I know there are ladies who you can pay to take your dog out and exercise them for you, that may be an option for you if no one else can visit while you are at work.

I go back to work on MOnday (boo Hoo :cheer: ) which means that I cannot visit Strauss for the next 3 weeks - unless I throw a sickie. I was told that if I let the staff know - they will take him out for a run into the outside exercise areas. WRONG! I spoke to one of the staff on Friday and that is only true if you cannot visit for the entire 30 days. She was going to speak to her boss about it (he wasn't there) and I was to ring next Monday to find out if my puppy was going to get a run or not. Very Poor if you ask me. :clap:

and sorry - they tell me it takes them 8 hours to feed and clean all the kennels - You have to be kidding :laugh:

That sucks big time!!!!! Your poor baby! :cheer:

Surely there must be someone you can put a complaint into about it!! They must be running the place under some sort of government guidelines surely???

I understand that the place is for quarantine and not normal kennels, but I still think that because the animals there would be under stress this would be one reason to make it just a little more comfortable for them. Doesnt make sense to keep them is gaol type conditions just because they are under quarantine :mad

Our two mustve thought they were in gaol for life yesterday!! We had to got to Perth for the day and didnt get home till 11.30pm :cheers: ................Poor Zola especially, she is so NOT an outside sleeping dog :rofl:

They were so glad to get inside onto their own warm beds :) ....And Zola has been on her new "Behave Paste" now for two days, and I definitely think it helped last night!! Well, I think it did! You didnt hear her yodelling in Bunbury did you Wazat?? :laugh: :laugh:

Rat

I go back to work on MOnday (boo Hoo :cheer: ) which means that I cannot visit Strauss for the next 3 weeks - unless I throw a sickie. I was told that if I let the staff know - they will take him out for a run into the outside exercise areas. WRONG! I spoke to one of the staff on Friday and that is only true if you cannot visit for the entire 30 days. She was going to speak to her boss about it (he wasn't there) and I was to ring next Monday to find out if my puppy was going to get a run or not. Very Poor if you ask me. :clap:

and sorry - they tell me it takes them 8 hours to feed and clean all the kennels - You have to be kidding :laugh:

That sucks big time!!!!! Your poor baby! :cheer:

Surely there must be someone you can put a complaint into about it!! They must be running the place under some sort of government guidelines surely???

I understand that the place is for quarantine and not normal kennels, but I still think that because the animals there would be under stress this would be one reason to make it just a little more comfortable for them. Doesnt make sense to keep them is gaol type conditions just because they are under quarantine :mad

Our two mustve thought they were in gaol for life yesterday!! We had to got to Perth for the day and didnt get home till 11.30pm :cheers: ................Poor Zola especially, she is so NOT an outside sleeping dog :rofl:

They were so glad to get inside onto their own warm beds :) ....And Zola has been on her new "Behave Paste" now for two days, and I definitely think it helped last night!! Well, I think it did! You didnt hear her yodelling in Bunbury did you Wazat?? :laugh: :laugh:

Rat

lol No so it must be working!! My two are great on the paste!!

Great stuff WX!! :rofl:

I "think" Zola is slightly better - wont really know until I take her somewhere where there are other dogs and humans, but I will be waiting for a couple of weeks before I do that to her!!

Tonight Im going to add an egg and some olive oil to her dinner, then over the next few days introduce some oats also and see if that improves it any more!

Rat

If anyone is interested, there is a job on Seek at the moment for a kennel hand for quarantine. Get in there, get that job, and make a difference to these poor confined dogs lives!!!

Edit: I can't believe that the dogs are not given free run unless you're there to do it yourselves :rofl:

Edited by RubyStar