Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Well day one of the Royal over and our team LABB Tested (Lab, Aussie and two Borders) won the Agility and came second in the Jumping..Yay!!! Brookie did a couple of really nice runs which for the amount of training he has had was impressive!!! People kept asking why I don't run him in agility more often...nah!!!!

Great work :thumbsup: Woohooo

Good luck in obedience tomorrow those who are competing! Watched the agility today for a bit and oh my what tough conditions with the crowd so close and the kiddy rides!!! There is NO WAY Millie wouldn't suffer stage fright. It is a GREAT spot for exposure for our sports but I am glad I didn't enter this year :o

Yep can't see me entering a Royal in the near future... maybe in a few years we'll see... the crowd and kiddy rides are tough and the judges were setting some mean courses yesterday which I don't really think is necessary. Didn't like the Dogwalk right against the fences next to the crowd almost within arms reach and then a see saw straight after - eek

But the worst thing was how squished in everyone was in the seating area and entries were down - not only would that stress my dog, it would stress me :laugh:

There were some great runs yesterday, some hard luck stories and some laughs :laugh: Funny how when a dog is being 'naughty' you hear little kids laughing hysterically :rofl: They love it :rofl:

I really like the new spot though - brilliant exposure to the public - and I really admire those who compete at the Royal - I think you are all very brave :thumbsup:

Happy birthday to the puppers, good luck to all at the royal. i heard toileting area etc is tiny :S so much for exercising three very exuberant pups lol.

i saw a toller in better pets midland yesterday :)

Glad to hear gibbs is doing well.

I just read the rotti judge at the royal is very thorough. counts every tooth and makes us run run run :S good to hear but man i am showing five dogs i might be stuffed lol

yes I have heard the same emery. He recently gave Weimaraner owned by an Australian kennel (bred in the US) BIG which is huge for a Weimaraner that isn't bred in Germany. It got him his German title.

oh wow lovely. i am waiting for mine to be awarded their first chalenge points :)

I had the German judge yesterday and was completely underwhelmed :mad Yes he checks every tooth, and made sure he checked every tooth on my 3 month old baby who hasn't even got half of them at the moment! He then skipped over the rest of him and went really hard checking for testicles and by the time he'd finished groping around poor Jerry was trying to tuck his whole back end underneath him :eek:

He said to me "I can't find one" and I told him they were definitely both there, would he like me to show him? He then said to me "us judges may be stupid but we can at least count to two!" and sent me off on my out and back... the problem was he then proceeded to have a conversation with the ring steward, facing out of the ring, while we were gaiting and when we came back and stood in front of him I had to actually get his attention and ask if we were done yet as he was still too busy talking - he hadn't watched my boy at all :eek:

I then watched the next two classes, both single entries as well, and he did exactly the same thing to them - complete disinterest while they moved. He only started paying attention when he had to actually make a decision between two or more dogs :mad

Now I have no problem if a judge likes my dog, doesn't like my dog, whatever... as anyone who knows me knows. I've done this for a lot of years on and off and I have never been a tanty chucker if it doesn't go my way :laugh: What I do object to is not being given the courtesy of the judge's attention, which is all you really pay for.

Oh well, dummy spit over - resume normal transmission :rofl: Good luck to all of you yet to be judged :thumbsup:

Oh dear that doesn't sound good at all PF - I agree with you there - courtesy that we have given them the entry and should get a look in I think is so important for any judge. Sorry you had a bit of a crappy experience. I hope that Jerry was ok. Lulu and JT are both not very good with their teeth at the moment, and Lulu lost a canine yesterday which bled a fair bit... I really don't want them to have a bad experience. :(

I had the German judge yesterday and was completely underwhelmed :mad Yes he checks every tooth, and made sure he checked every tooth on my 3 month old baby who hasn't even got half of them at the moment! He then skipped over the rest of him and went really hard checking for testicles and by the time he'd finished groping around poor Jerry was trying to tuck his whole back end underneath him :eek:

He said to me "I can't find one" and I told him they were definitely both there, would he like me to show him? He then said to me "us judges may be stupid but we can at least count to two!" and sent me off on my out and back... the problem was he then proceeded to have a conversation with the ring steward, facing out of the ring, while we were gaiting and when we came back and stood in front of him I had to actually get his attention and ask if we were done yet as he was still too busy talking - he hadn't watched my boy at all :eek:

I then watched the next two classes, both single entries as well, and he did exactly the same thing to them - complete disinterest while they moved. He only started paying attention when he had to actually make a decision between two or more dogs :mad

Now I have no problem if a judge likes my dog, doesn't like my dog, whatever... as anyone who knows me knows. I've done this for a lot of years on and off and I have never been a tanty chucker if it doesn't go my way :laugh: What I do object to is not being given the courtesy of the judge's attention, which is all you really pay for.

Oh well, dummy spit over - resume normal transmission :rofl: Good luck to all of you yet to be judged :thumbsup:

Shame that, he is very well credentialed and respected by the German Friends I speak with, its sad the WA does not get a lot of FCI Judges they tend in my opinion to Judge dogs a tad differently be it wrong or right!