Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Yeah that's what I thought - I was going to see her about an occasional head shake (suddenly had the realisation that another MT here has a MCT in his ear which has now made me paranoid) and also she just seems off so would like to check her over - but I thought I should do the right thing insurance wise just in case there is something up with her ear

Petplan covers alternative stuff so long as it is a qualified holistic vet, chiro vet etc.

Do they need a referral though from a regular vet to say "yes they need chiro treatment" etc., or can we just go to one ourselves and then claim it?

Petplan covers alternative stuff so long as it is a qualified holistic vet, chiro vet etc.

Do they need a referral though from a regular vet to say "yes they need chiro treatment" etc., or can we just go to one ourselves and then claim it?

NOt sure??? I think you can go to one as long as they are qualified as stipulated in their PDS

Looks good Emery :)

After going to a horse show yesterday I am looking forward to having a dog show instead this coming weekend - they are so much less work :rofl:

I got our specialty this sunday i don't think i have shown since june i am so looking forward to it :D

Hopefully a v rating as a birthday present to myself lol

Gosh we must have all been pretty busy on the weekend... page 3!!!

I hope everyone had a good weekend. For those not on my FB page, a little brag that spartan passed his first Novice Rally with 89 out of a 100 (we were aiming for a pass, so we are pretty happy with that!).

Congratulations on everyone that had passes and wins over the weekend!

Emery how did you go with the specialty? did you get a V rating birthday present?!

Well done Emery :)

I had fun doing absolutely nothing yesterday after spending Friday at a Showjumping competitin and then a dog show on Saturday LOL.

Although seems the pregnant mares didn't appreciate a fox visiting them as there was one dead in their paddock :eek:

Gosh we must have all been pretty busy on the weekend... page 3!!!

I hope everyone had a good weekend. For those not on my FB page, a little brag that spartan passed his first Novice Rally with 89 out of a 100 (we were aiming for a pass, so we are pretty happy with that!).

Congratulations on everyone that had passes and wins over the weekend!

Emery how did you go with the specialty? did you get a V rating birthday present?!

I saw your brag via others CONGRATS spartan :)

Well where should i start with my specialty. Ok first off the nationals were held in june and i was told my young girl was underweight ok so i fattened her up. she in in inter class.

judge said he was her pick of the class but got placed second and downgraded from a v rating to a very good rating damn it cos she was wait for it....................................................................................................................................................................over weight PMSL. oh well with the comments he gave i couldn't be too upset considering i kept this hush hush 4 days ago she sliced her pad open on her back foot and had 4 stitches put in. She ran about 12 laps yesterday too with no signs of lameness :D

her mother on the other hand in the open class i thought the judge wouldn't like again made to run about 12 laps thank heavens we are allowed extra handlers i would of died lol

well after all the running we did we were all placed in the middle.

judge gives a brief critique of the dogs ( she was being handled by makaela from junior handlers if anyone knows her she shows shelties) and i was outside the ring sitting on my toes leaning forward beside delia and a good friend karen waiting anxiously) he then goes on to say he was going to only grade her very good from his initial thoughts to her she is small dark but very feminie but so different to everything else in the ring.. however by now i think if i had of leant any further forward my toes would of broke lol. Karen looks at me and goes she's got this. He goes this dog can work and a rottweiler is a working dog so today she is V4 i wooped very loudly and promptly burtst into tears.

I am still emotional and so proud of my girls so YES i got my birthday present i couldn't ask for more they both ran their hearts out and showed like a dream.

Thanks went out to my two runners/helpers i could not of done it without them. We were all very tired after the day of running.

I went into the ring for pics and put the medal around my girls neck ( I am waiting for pics unfortunately ) and the judge said that both my dogs are lovely but both are well fed in the kitchen *shame i could of had two v ratings but with the critiques they got i am not dissapointed* well except that kelari was his pick of the class but got placed behind a dog that was perfect weight :p he said they are both only just over so more toning work needed shook his hand and thanked him profusely.

Thanks mirawee and how scary for your mares :S

How'd you got at your show??

Well done again Emery on your girl's results :) I hate trying to figure out the right "weight" on show dogs :o I loved it the year at the Western Classic where one of the judges had been non-awarding overweight dogs... her comment to me about Banjo was that he would look better with more weight :laugh: And my agility friends were still telling me he needed to lose more :rofl:

Thanks mirawee and how scary for your mares :S

How'd you got at your show??

Horse show? Pony was very good and got into the jump off for all three rounds coming 3rd in the 60cm, 4th in the 70cm and 6th in the 80cm (he took 2 rails in the jump off coz he was tired :p)

Dog show? Arlo was BOB for both Open and Champ shows. Anikka was put on the grooming table then promptly put back into her crate as she had about the same amount of coat - or less!- than a Golden Retriever :eek: And Taavi was much better behaved than the last few shows and got rDCC and Junior of Breed (from 3 dogs) :)

Oh and I think the fox was probably more scared than my mares :laugh: Diva is a bitch! Glad I didn't have a newbown/foaling mare though!

thanks st and tiggy. Well done on your wins too mirawee. I understand knocking jumps being tired Kelari wouldn't lean forward on the stack ie get up on her toes even with bait she was so tired :) chandra passed out after a drink once put in her crate lol. Tell me about figuring out weight every judge is so different she did look good i think its more that it needs toning due to lack of exercise with the weather then her actually being over weight :) he did mention that quite a few were borderline i reckon its that we got them all breeds weight not specialty :)

Great work Emery! :thumbsup:

We had a nice weekend too - a pass each for Zazu and Kyte in Rally Novice (2nd for both of them). Zazu worked as well as I've ever seen her in the ring with 91/100 and 6th place out of 30 entries. So happy with my beautiful Sibe girl! And I'm now a further believer that Rally is a great intro to obedience particularly for 'non traditional' breeds.

Kyte....well I can't believe we actually qualified (we came last out of the qualifying dogs with 73/100). I don't think we showed much team work out there at all! But it was hot, and a long way to Perth so maybe that was part of it. So back to training with her to try and work on making heeling far more exiting (I think I bore her :( ). However, Kyte did beautifully on Sunday at her first ever agility trial in Novice Jumping. I have wanted to compete in agility for around 6 years so was incredibly excited and nervous that it was finally happening! Was really happy with our run - knocked 2 bars, and missed the tyre completely, but that isn't suprising considering that we haven't done a full height tyre since we moved about 3 months ago as mine isn't usable yet.

Also met a stack of new people which were all lovely and encouraging. Great to see people being so nice to a new face :)

Now back to the calender to work out when we can come up and play again!

I saw a Blue Merle Aussie I didn't recognise on Sunday - was that your dog Tumbleweed?

Sounds like everyone had a great weekend with their dogs! :D

ETA And horsies :laugh:

Edited by amypie

I saw a Blue Merle Aussie I didn't recognise on Sunday - was that your dog Tumbleweed?

Yup, that was Kyte. I'm pretty easy to pick being the incredibly short one that I am (only just over 5').

I met a few new people that I have talked to on DOL and FB but must have missed you Amypie. I must say hello next time! So many new faces and names to remember...

Edited by Tumbleweed