Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Is that Steph Gibson your talking about? I emailed her through her website but I think I came across a bit creepy/weird lol. I have done some Aussie breeder stalking after I fell in love with them in NZ so if it's not a belgian next its an aussie :-) and there seem to be a few breeders here in WA.

I call indie my pretty retard as she is a pretty dog but she is an ugly Belgian lol. Man that sounds horrible but people that show dogs will get what I mean lol. Haha I don't think any training of any sort is on tonight unless your a duck!

Hi Weasels, Cool that's pretty close to me I am in Rockingham. Lol I have about a million questions! I kind of want to shadow someone to get the feel of it but I don't want to creep people out haha. I am really interested but no idea where to begin or if my current dog even has the temperament to do it. Showing and agility I have all the contacts in the world, but herding, not so much.

So where does a beginner start?

Thanks :-) she is a special one alright, finally got on the lap top so I could attach some photos :) here she is!

Oh I live in that area too :) Unfortunately my dogs are getting more reserved as they get older and seem to prefer Serious Business like ball-chasing and training rather than playing with other dogs these days :( Beautiful girl! :love:

Maybe we should organise a DOLer herding day with Steph in Mandurah? I wouldn't mind trying Jive on sheep and Banjo always loves them :laugh:

I think there was supposed to be some 'come and try' days at the trials earlier this year, but no-one was quite sure so I dunno what happened there :laugh:

Is that Steph Gibson your talking about? I emailed her through her website but I think I came across a bit creepy/weird lol. I have done some Aussie breeder stalking after I fell in love with them in NZ so if it's not a belgian next its an aussie :-) and there seem to be a few breeders here in WA.

I call indie my pretty retard as she is a pretty dog but she is an ugly Belgian lol. Man that sounds horrible but people that show dogs will get what I mean lol. Haha I don't think any training of any sort is on tonight unless your a duck!

I wouldn't worry too much, if you are interested in Aussies you're in good already :p She just had some of the most amazing pups, if I wasn't so kelpie-smitten I would've been sorely tempted to smuggle one out under my jacket!

If you have been in contact with Steph tho she is the best person to speak to get started in herding as our all-knowing trainer and organiser :worship:

Yeah indie isn't really a full on play kind of dog she just circles and herds with the occasional body checking going on. She can be a bully sometimes. A meet up would be great nonetheless as I don't know many people here anyway. Haha yeah I contacted her but never heard back, that's ok though. I can always go through the club or ask the Belgian people I know here. Oh she just had puppies?! It's lucky I didn't know about that lol.

All In good time! I might turn up and have a look when it starts again if I can. Need to get my butt to agility as well lol.

Hi everyone.......thought Id pop in, say hi :wave: and see whats been going on :)

Welcome Mashlee & Indie, wow what a beautiful girl!!

Nothing terribly exiting happening in my little world - other than the wonderful rain weve had over the last couple of days!!! Its like winter has finally arrived! Could do without the wind, thunder & lightning though :eek:

Im looking forward to heading over to Sydney again in a few weeks - for the RR Nationals..... :thumbsup: Dont know if Im more excited about the plane trips or the actual dog shows.... :happydance: :happydance:

We went out to Kellerberrin a few weeks ago to watch the finals of the Kelpie Herding Nationals....man there were some beautiful & talented doggies to watch! Difficult sheepies & windy weather, but was a great day!

Yeah indie isn't really a full on play kind of dog she just circles and herds with the occasional body checking going on. She can be a bully sometimes. A meet up would be great nonetheless as I don't know many people here anyway. Haha yeah I contacted her but never heard back, that's ok though. I can always go through the club or ask the Belgian people I know here. Oh she just had puppies?! It's lucky I didn't know about that lol.

All In good time! I might turn up and have a look when it starts again if I can. Need to get my butt to agility as well lol.

Ah my dogs get on better with herding and circling kinds of dogs, they 'understand' that particular type of play ;) I go out pretty early during the week, but tend to head out to local beaches and parks at a more civilised hour on the weekends :)

Last time I saw Steph she had a serious case of man-flu, so I wouldn't take the lack of reply personally :) I'll let you know when training is back on if you'd like.

1346815452[/url]' post='5949941'] Last time I saw Steph she had a serious case of man-flu, so I wouldn't take the lack of reply personally :) I'll let you know when training is back on if you'd like.

Yeah it's ok, I understand she is probably a busy lady with all the stuff she does! Yup if you could let me know that would be great :-)While I am here are there much more Aussie breeders here in WA that are good? I am looking into spending a bit more time with the breed so I can make the right choice for future dogs and breeders etc.

Edit, man I can not get the quote thing to work properly lol.

Edited by Mashlee08

Hey Lab Rat we are heading down your way for a trial in 2 weeks time at Hay Park thumbsup1.gif

Hopefully Ill get in to watch Ptolomy - and meet some of your kids :)

Had our end of term doggy exams tonight - did pretty well, considering we really dont do alot of at home training :rofl: ....Wandy got 107/140 and Zola got 102/140. They both got a big 0 for holding and giving a toy, but thats ok as they just dont get it at training :o Both are quite willing to do it at home though!! All dogs got 10/10 for their sit and down stays :D No-one moved at all!!!!

Yeah it's ok, I understand she is probably a busy lady with all the stuff she does! Yup if you could let me know that would be great :-)While I am here are there much more Aussie breeders here in WA that are good? I am looking into spending a bit more time with the breed so I can make the right choice for future dogs and breeders etc.

Edit, man I can not get the quote thing to work properly lol.

I got an email yesterday that training is back on :) So if you email again now you could enquire about coming down to have a look or testing out Indie's instinct :)

Sorry not sure about any other Aussie breeders but if you try the Aussie thread in the breed subforums they should know :)

Edit - Welcome to the West Whitka! :D

Edited by Weasels

Does anyone know where I can find out about agility etc in Bunbury WA for my Cav?

I think your best bet would be the Bunbury & Districts Dog Club

http://www.dogswest.com/dogswest/Clubs-All_Breeds_Dog_Clubs-Bunbury__Districts_Dog_Club.htm

Google brought this up too -

http://www.benotto.com.au/agility-training.html

Bunbury has more agility options than Rockingham! :laugh: Maybe I should move even further out :grimace:

I got an email yesterday that training is back on :) So if you email again now you could enquire about coming down to have a look or testing out Indie's instinct :)

Sorry not sure about any other Aussie breeders but if you try the Aussie thread in the breed subforums they should know :)

Edit - Welcome to the West Whitka! :D

Oh cool that's great :-) what days is it on? That sounds exciting even though indie is not the dog I hope to use. Is there age restrictions for the dogs? Sorry might be stupid question lol.

Great thanks, oh the thought of taking on an Aussie puppy is somewhat terrifying lol.

Edited by Mashlee08

whitka the royal this year is 29th September to 6th october.

1st october this year is the public holiday... so generally, it's one of the busiest days.

I've been on grand final day a couple of times, and it can be either pretty busy or not at all busy... depends who is playing I guess!!

the weekends can be pretty busy.

I usually choose a day (if I'm going for pleasure, and not dog stuff!) that has the most of what i want to see... I am pretty sure the schedule is up on their website now: www.perthroyalshow.com.au