Jointguard

westiemum

Am on the hunt again for reasonably priced Jointguard - I can't believe how much prices vary.

The cheapest I've found for a 750gm tub is Aussiepets here. - $118.25 with P & H of a bit over $6.00.

Can anyone do better than that?

Thanks for your help.

Edited by westiemum

Thanks guys - yes I thought this was a good price but just wanted to check... I can't believe the variation - saw it on Oz Auction yesterday at a 'Buy Now' price of $141.00 :laugh:

And yes Greyhound Products Direct are only a dollar more expensive and then you get the great service from Troy there.... so given I want a couple of other things I'll probably stay with GPD - they are really reliable...

It's no cheaper here in NZ I can tell you that much - my vet told me it's the rolls royce of joint supplements. It needs to be for the price it is!

I use a kiwi product called Dogon - my GWP has been on it since he was 9mths - he is now 6years and has no signs of any issues with his shoulder at all.....

Rae

post-31607-1259007623_thumb.jpg I tried the joint guard for lady but it didn't do much for her nor the sasha's blend. Just go to vet now and get Cartrophen injection every couple months has done wonders and is cheaper.

You will usually find the online vet products direct are cheapest I bought heap of co flex bandages once when my horse cut her leg open were lot cheaper than saddlery stores.

Hi everyone, i was using joint gard on my beagles cause my older one JJ is very stiff. i used it for a few months and it was ok, saw some improvement. but then my vet said to switch to glyde powder because it was better? apparently it has green lipped mussel in it as well , JJ is like a different dog on it- heaps better!! its more expensive but i think its worth it. the vet also gave her this new version of cartrofen (on JJ) and it was great, i think it was called zydax, not sure, but we get it done every 6 months- also saves lots of money. glad to see it helped lady too

Hi everyone, i was using joint gard on my beagles cause my older one JJ is very stiff. i used it for a few months and it was ok, saw some improvement. but then my vet said to switch to glyde powder because it was better? apparently it has green lipped mussel in it as well , JJ is like a different dog on it- heaps better!! its more expensive but i think its worth it. the vet also gave her this new version of cartrofen (on JJ) and it was great, i think it was called zydax, not sure, but we get it done every 6 months- also saves lots of money. glad to see it helped lady too

Hi Sarah, Thanks for your concern re my lady, I'm glad it's helping your beagles also.

Done! Thanks very much for your replies. Aussie Pets, Clipperworld and GreyhoundproductsDirect are all much of a muchness - some slightly more expensive for the postage but less for the product and vice versa. So really they are all very competitive.

In the end I got 800 gms (2 x 400gm tubs) for 124.59 from Clipperworld.

For those who are finding other products/regimes more effective, I think its just what your dog does well on - my old boy does very well on Jointguard and sylvet capsules so I'm sticking to it!

Thanks again.

Westiemum