K9 Force Workshop In Adelaide

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

K9: Hi Guys & thanks for the enthusiasm for my workshops!

The run down or set list we used in our recent Friday workshop was quite well received, there are quite a few topics there which means I dont cover them in full depth but you get a great feel for direction & of course any questions are answered.

Looking forward to seeing you all in SA!!!

Ok next stage in the process is I need email addresses to pass onto Steve. If you could please PM me your email address as soon as possible I will do up a list and forward it to Steve ASAP. The sooner we get this happening the sooner we will get Steve here :cry: .

Edited by ness

Yep the aggression stuff was covered in the Qld seminar and I think the structure for the behavioral stuff in Qld will work for the one here. I have had a few people ask about the training section and have had some suggestions that we focus more on the training in drive and motivators and less on the LLW and recalls - but thought I would throw it open to see what people are interested. As Steve mentioned the more topics that are included the less detail he is able to provide and there are a few people (me included) that are keen to get as much information on training in drive and motivators as we can.

Yep the aggression stuff was covered in the Qld seminar and I think the structure for the behavioral stuff in Qld will work for the one here. I have had a few people ask about the training section and have had some suggestions that we focus more on the training in drive and motivators and less on the LLW and recalls - but thought I would throw it open to see what people are interested. As Steve mentioned the more topics that are included the less detail he is able to provide and there are a few people (me included) that are keen to get as much information on training in drive and motivators as we can.

Ohh I want to hear about LLW and recalls as well :laugh: , but it's a democracy I suppose :angeldevil:

Out of the format from the Qld workshop I'm most interested in the training in drive and motivator topics. With the Qld one were all the topics given the same amount of time or was there more time spent on one or two of the topics than the others?

I would prefer to have a more 'in depth' session on motivators and TID :laugh: ...but I would be interested in learning about recall techniques as well.

Would it be possible to have a brief rundown of LLW and recall techniques but keep the main focus on motivators and TID??

K9: In reality there is enough information on TID that woud cover a week of non stop work, the limitations are that, many dogs not previously trained in drive struggle to trigger drive in a new environment, once trained in drive, we can fix that but it can take some time.

The other is there is a limit to how much info one can take in.

For competitors or working dog people, the majority of the day can be spent on TID & the last hour or so can cover a brief section on recall techniques & LLW.

We will send out some info to you all by email to find out how much & what info you would & try best as we can to get all the info out there you need.

I am not sure how much attention was paid to what Rivsky maybe Steve or a workshop attendee for the Qld seminars can confirm this.

ETA. Ooops think Steve was posting at the same time as me :laugh: .

Edited by ness

Out of the format from the Qld workshop I'm most interested in the training in drive and motivator topics. With the Qld one were all the topics given the same amount of time or was there more time spent on one or two of the topics than the others?

We spent a fair chunk of time on training in drive but Steve is pretty flexible with topics etc. Sounds like you guys are going to have a great time :laugh:

Thanks everybody for sending your email addresses through. I have complied the list of email addresses against DOL identities and name where provided and sent this information through to Steve. Look forward to hearing from him soon regarding dates :laugh:.

• 2 weeks later...