Urgent Help Required For Puppy With Parvo

bella_bear

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We went to visit our puppy at the vet today.

She won't eat. They've been trying to syringe feed her, but she seems to spit most of it out. They said if she doesn't start eating by tomorrow they're going to have to put a feeding tube in :laugh:

Her white blood cell count is also down at the moment.

She is moving around in her cage though and the vet and nurses said that she jumps up if someone comes in the room, so shes not completely out of it.

Its almost been 7 days since her symptoms started, no one can really tell us when we will know if she will make it or not. I just hope our little girl can hold on and keep fighting!

Sending lots of healing vibes to your girl.

Her tummy probably hurts like hell and unless they are real food pigs it can take a little to get them back to wanting to eat.

Hold in there, if DOL wishes could get her there she would be home right now!

Good luck

her tummy is still sore. Diesel ate nothing for 3 weeks he was on fluids and electolytes. She could be too scared to eat too as her last meal caused her so much pain. Unless she's getting too wasted I wouldnt be pushing a feeding tube in either. Its not a problem getting it down, it's the intestines are sore. They can even leave a little plate of slop in there for her to eat at her leasure, not to be force fed.

fingers and paws still crossed here for you!!!!

How sad is this for such a young pup........I know there is a thread on here from a couple of years back about an italian greyhound with Parvo _I'll try my best to find it - this pup caught it on car transport (we think) between SA and NSW and it hit with a vengeance - iggys are tiny to say the least - it was very expensive to keep this little guy alive I remember - think he was on human anti cancer meds to help keep him alive as a last resort.........!!!!!!! He survived but it was a long expensive haul I remember!!!!!!! :rofl: to you and your little Boston!!!!!!!!

The vet called this morning and they have decided not to go with the feeding tube today. I think they want to hold off doing that for as long as possible. From what some people have posted it seems they can go quite a while without food.

Shes still vomiting and has diahorrea... On the plus side she is still alert and moving around in her cage which the vet is quite surprised about considering how young and sick she is.

As at today the vet bill is at $2500, money well spent so far because she is still here fighting.

I will keep you all updated, hopefully with some good news in the next few days :rofl:

Continued best wishes for her battle - we are praying that she beats this horrid parvo.

When the $ rack up, it can be scary - but I agree sometimes it is worth it. We'd be well over $20k for Chloe - but at least we can say we gave her every chance and she's still a happy girl full of love and life!

The vet called last night and said she didn't expect the puppy to make it through the night. Earlier in the day she got fluid on her lungs from a secondary infection. She was on oxygen all day but it didn't seem to help. The vet said that if we did not put her to sleep that she would probably go into cardiac arrest that night and pass away anyway.

So we went in at about 9pm last night to say our goodbyes, we decided to continue with treatment and let it work itself out. She looked horrible and really didn't move at all. She was just like a lump. It was horrible to see her like that, one of the nurses was even in tears. We gave her a natural product in one last grab attempt to save her which puts oxygen into the body then left it at that.

So we woke up this morning expecting the worst, but we actually woke to good news. Our puppy was up and moving around a little and was actually interested in food! She hasn't vomited or had diahorrea all day. She is still on the oxygen, but they are trying to wean her off it as it is very expensive! The vet can't explain how she over came this, she said she's never seen it happen before.

Our puppy still certainly isn't out of the woods, but we really have hope after last night. The vet and nurses said she didn't have a chance and she made it through the night and is looking 10x better today.

I just hope the worst of it is over and that its all up hill from here!

So we went in at about 9pm last night to say our goodbyes, we decided to continue with treatment and let it work itself out. She looked horrible and really didn't move at all. She was just like a lump. It was horrible to see her like that, one of the nurses was even in tears. We gave her a natural product in one last grab attempt to save her which puts oxygen into the body then left it at that.

Our puppy still certainly isn't out of the woods, but we really have hope after last night. The vet and nurses said she didn't have a chance and she made it through the night and is looking 10x better today.

So happy to hear your puppy is improving. Was the product you gave her CellFood by any chance?

I ask because I use this product for my sick dogs.

So happy to hear your puppy is improving. Was the product you gave her CellFood by any chance?

I ask because I use this product for my sick dogs.

Yes it was cellfood :confused:

We gave her some again tonight so fingers crossed!

Great news that cellfood is working for her. I've almost run out and must get some more. Where do you get yours from?

Please keep us posted on her progress. She's a brave little fighter and it looks like she might just win this battle.

Thank you so much for the update.

Goodness you have been through the wringer as has your poor baby.

Sending all positive thoughts your way and lots of hugs.

I am going to look up cellfood!

ETA - how many drops do you give - sounds like great stuff

Edited by Rommi n Lewis