Lab Pups Due 30/31 Dec

Tapua

We have one very round and uncomfortable looking Lab girl about to explode with pups. I have to work all the way through Xmas and New Year so my husband is the 'maternity nurse' & he will call me at work if she starts to whelp. Its Pete's first litter unassisted :o d ... as such and he is excited - I am a bit nervous but I am sure he will be fine and Tua is a born mum. Talk about 'dad' being a tad neurotic about the pups though :wave:

Edited by Tapua

Yup they have arrived 12 healthy black little squeakers 7 boys and 5 girls. mum doing very well eating and drinking smallest weight 380g heaviest 500g. :D

Edited by Tapua

Here are mum and the kids any suggestions for identifying the little critters?? All we can think of is braiding pink wool with individual colour and blue wool with individual colours to id the boy from girls and individuals - any better ideas?

A couple of small ones but all are putting on weight, all feeding well and strong - mum eating drink and doing everything right. :o

Edited by Tapua

12 !!!! OMG :o That will keep you and Pete busy hahaha Poor Tua :)

I know alot of people who use different coloured ribbons/braid. I have marked mine with liquid paper in the past, but i waited until mommy wasnt cleaning them all over all the time, then just marked them in different areas. but I think the ribbons are the way to go, or those puppy collars, I think Swayd sells them.

:o only 12 Pauline, she'll need to try harder next time

That's a nice big number and a good start to the new year :laugh:

Sway has puppy ID collars available from her online whelping supplies shop

Funny bunny :) madam only had 3 in her first litter - wrong timing from me - but I think she got it right this time.

Has Sway got a website I can look at?

Found it - ordering id colars now!

Edited by Tapua

What a lovely litter, all look fat and happy :hug:

All the bext for the coming weeks :vomit:

Thankyou to everyone for their congrats - mmm yes the next few weeks are going to be interesting. :(:vomit:

Edited by Tapua