Dog Transport

llceaser

Ring Wayne at All Creatures - they have been in the transport business forever and take the greatest care with the animals - their safety record is the best in Australia. And they are in Victoria, will pick up and take to airport etc etc. Freecall 1800 441 133.

Another vote for Dogtainers ACT. If Linda, Andrew and Mel can't help, nobody can! :o

Oh and as a "guesstimate", I'd say you would be looking at no more than around the $150 mark including crate hire, based upon quotes I have received to send puppies from Hobart to Melbourne, Sydney and Queensland.

Thanks guys, I'm a virgin to this whole pedigree show dog thing so it's great to have feedback from people who know. I'll be picking your brains for years to come I'm sure as I plan to try my hand at showing.I have only been to 1 local show for a quick squizz at what goes on so I am pretty clueless .

I could also recommend theses people . Very good service

GTE Transport, Victoria - Dorothy from GTE transport is based in Northern Victoria and travels weekly to Sydney and South Australia. Dorothy's weekly runs to Sydney coincide with our own weekly runs to Sydney from Queensland allowing us to link up effectively for a full east coast service. Dorothy can be contacted on 0409 434 445 or 03 5439 6322

I would recommend flying over road anyday.

It is quicker and less stressful for your dog.

I recently had to collect a dog that was sent up from Victoria via road.

He was collected in Melbourne on a Tuesday evening and I don't believe had been out of the trailer until we collected him in Brisbane on the Thursday evening.

The carrier opened the trailer door and I could see him inside, they then put the paperwork in front of me to sign and when we got him out he was so weak he was unable to stand and collapsed to the ground.

I was in shock and my O/H had just had surgery and was unable to bend to help.

I turned around to ask the carrier for help but they had hot tailed out of there quick smart.

The dog stunk and was covered in faeces as they lie in straw which is soaked in their excretement.

I saw two Samoan boys walking down the street and asked them if they would help lift him into the back of our ute and we had to roll a towel underneath him to help as he was in such a poor state.

In the berth beside him was the tiniest corgi puppy and when I had asked how old he was the carrier said 8 weeks, but the new receiver told me just 6 weeks and not vaccinated!

Worse still was that it was not the usual carrier we had dealt with before, that carrier was too busy so had taken it upon himself to just pass our booking over to another carrier.

The whole ordeal was shonky and all they care about is the money they get, but definitely not the dogs.

They could be carrriers of parvo and much worse and their lack of overall concern is disgusting.

All they seem to care about is meeting a deadline, but not the animals they are carrying.

So I don't care how nice anyone is when you deal with them to make a booking, they can be as friendly as all hell, but they are not the ones doing the driving and in care of YOUR cargo.

The carrier had been in touch with my O/H via phone and another issue we had was that instead of doing the drop off as they usuallyy do, they made an out of the way trip to the north side of Brisbane and the airport to coincide with another collection (more $$$$$ for them) before we were able to collect him back on the south side again, which was an extra 3 hours for him in their stinking trailer.

These carriers will change their designated route if they can squeeze in another, more profit with no concern for the extra time on whoever.

When we first used carriers about 4 years ago they ensured us that the dogs were held in Sydney overnight where they were fed and allowed to run in a kennel situation before being loaded on to another carrier with a fresh driver the following day.

But who would know what they factually do other than the dogs.

They could tell any blarney to get a booking, but the state of our last victim said it all!

Never again would I allow any animal on a carrier, EVER!

JMHO from a bad experience!

• 2 weeks later...
I would recommend flying over road anyday.

It is quicker and less stressful for your dog.

I recently had to collect a dog that was sent up from Victoria via road.

He was collected in Melbourne on a Tuesday evening and I don't believe had been out of the trailer until we collected him in Brisbane on the Thursday evening.

The carrier opened the trailer door and I could see him inside, they then put the paperwork in front of me to sign and when we got him out he was so weak he was unable to stand and collapsed to the ground.

I was in shock and my O/H had just had surgery and was unable to bend to help.

I turned around to ask the carrier for help but they had hot tailed out of there quick smart.

The dog stunk and was covered in faeces as they lie in straw which is soaked in their excretement.

I saw two Samoan boys walking down the street and asked them if they would help lift him into the back of our ute and we had to roll a towel underneath him to help as he was in such a poor state.

In the berth beside him was the tiniest corgi puppy and when I had asked how old he was the carrier said 8 weeks, but the new receiver told me just 6 weeks and not vaccinated!

Worse still was that it was not the usual carrier we had dealt with before, that carrier was too busy so had taken it upon himself to just pass our booking over to another carrier.

The whole ordeal was shonky and all they care about is the money they get, but definitely not the dogs.

They could be carrriers of parvo and much worse and their lack of overall concern is disgusting.

All they seem to care about is meeting a deadline, but not the animals they are carrying.

So I don't care how nice anyone is when you deal with them to make a booking, they can be as friendly as all hell, but they are not the ones doing the driving and in care of YOUR cargo.

The carrier had been in touch with my O/H via phone and another issue we had was that instead of doing the drop off as they usuallyy do, they made an out of the way trip to the north side of Brisbane and the airport to coincide with another collection (more $$$$$ for them) before we were able to collect him back on the south side again, which was an extra 3 hours for him in their stinking trailer.

These carriers will change their designated route if they can squeeze in another, more profit with no concern for the extra time on whoever.

When we first used carriers about 4 years ago they ensured us that the dogs were held in Sydney overnight where they were fed and allowed to run in a kennel situation before being loaded on to another carrier with a fresh driver the following day.

But who would know what they factually do other than the dogs.

They could tell any blarney to get a booking, but the state of our last victim said it all!

Never again would I allow any animal on a carrier, EVER!

JMHO from a bad experience!

Unfortunately airlines (Qantas and Virgin) do not ask to sight vaccinations certificates either, so the possibilities of biosecurity issues occurring on domestic air travel can also occur. When you last used an animal transport company did they require to sight current vaccination certificates? or only if the pet/s were boarding?.

New Zealand are reviewing their biosecurity procedures at the moment, one part is investigating all animals (domestic and international) being transported will be required to show/have current vaccination certificates for travel. Once it happens in NZ it may quickly happen in Australia.