K9 Pro Training In Drive

K9: Well the one where Indi has two dogs trying to distract her and your son calling her is GOLD given the ashort time you have been training,

I would not be red faced but proud as punch at that one! It Rocks! :(:) ;) :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I am proud, but it's only because I had a LOT of instructions prior to that particular video - otherwise it was NEVER going to happen!!!

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hehe, I found your vids gsdog2 :thumbsup: Indi looks good :(

Hmmm "crazy lady" vids, well we have plenty of those lol. I try to sound 'encouraging' but I come off sounding like a deranged lunatic :) Not to mention the countless times I have tripped over my own feet ;)

I found it too! You have nothing to be scared of your vids were great! Heaps better than my early ones... I've got evidence on film of Ella humping cos she didn't want to play the drive game! :)

I found Secrketkei's as well and I love how your dog leaps around after the toy!!! :(

I found it too! You have nothing to be scared of your vids were great! Heaps better than my early ones... I've got evidence on film of Ella humping cos she didn't want to play the drive game! :thumbsup:

I found Secrketkei's as well and I love how your dog leaps around after the toy!!! :(

Thats cos it's not a toy Seita, it roo meat soaked in sardine oil :rofl::) ;) Though the earlier vids were with a toy though lol. And I've seen your vids too :thumbsup: Ella is fantastic!

I found it too! You have nothing to be scared of your vids were great! Heaps better than my early ones... I've got evidence on film of Ella humping cos she didn't want to play the drive game! :thumbsup:

Thats cos it's not a toy Seita, it roo meat soaked in sardine oil :D :) ;) Though the earlier vids were with a toy though lol. And I've seen your vids too :rofl: Ella is fantastic!

EWWWW!!! :thumbsup: Now that is dedication!!! I'm not sure I could do that, I'm so glad my dog is toy driven over food! Not sure what I'll do if I ever end up with a foody dog... scary thought!

We are doing the TID as well with Morty and the OH is loving it .... we're apparently heading into Module 2 as well soon .....

The boys are loving it (my OH trains Morty and I am the camera operator for this one)

Hehe, I found your vids gsdog2 :rofl: Indi looks good :rofl:

Hmmm "crazy lady" vids, well we have plenty of those lol. I try to sound 'encouraging' but I come off sounding like a deranged lunatic :laugh: Not to mention the countless times I have tripped over my own feet :laugh:

OMG just watched your latest video and you're doing great :laugh:. I love the way he's bouncing and he's sitting beautifully. Is that module 2 you're doing, and if so how long ago did you start (you look more advanced than we do :rofl: )?

As far as sounding like a "deranged lunatic", if I could get rid of the sound I would - I don't sound like me (IMO :D )

I found it too! You have nothing to be scared of your vids were great! Heaps better than my early ones... I've got evidence on film of Ella humping cos she didn't want to play the drive game! :laugh:

I found Secrketkei's as well and I love how your dog leaps around after the toy!!! :rofl:

I suppose it doesn't take much to work out what they're under - lol.

I'm glad I'm not the only one with the "crazy lady" video's, luckily for me the early sessions where I kept landing on my butt were never filmed :laugh:

We are doing the TID as well with Morty and the OH is loving it .... we're apparently heading into Module 2 as well soon .....

The boys are loving it (my OH trains Morty and I am the camera operator for this one)

Hi FionaC do we get to see your video's

Sounds like both the OH and Morty are enjoying it! Are you using food or a toy, Fiona?

we are using a toy :thumbsup: I was surprised at first as he loves his food but after watching him and thinking about it it makes perfect sense

Hi FionaC do we get to see your video's

sure http://www.youtube.com/user/talinsmum

we have Session 1 (week 1) and Week 2 video's up .... we didn't take a video last weekend unfortunately as we were flat out but will be doing one again this weekend - oh there are also some video's of some of the Beginners Agility Classes we were doing - those video's are from before we started the TID program so they are a bit all over the place

Hehe, I found your vids gsdog2 ;) Indi looks good :thumbsup:

Hmmm "crazy lady" vids, well we have plenty of those lol. I try to sound 'encouraging' but I come off sounding like a deranged lunatic :rofl: Not to mention the countless times I have tripped over my own feet :o

OMG just watched your latest video and you're doing great :rofl: . I love the way he's bouncing and he's sitting beautifully. Is that module 2 you're doing, and if so how long ago did you start (you look more advanced than we do :o )?

As far as sounding like a "deranged lunatic", if I could get rid of the sound I would - I don't sound like me (IMO ;) )

dont think I sound like me either. I generally dont walk around squealing in a high pitched voice either :rofl:

Nope, we are still on module 1, but hopefully moving to module 2 very soon (I just have to get Kei out ito some new places and see how he goes first).

We've been on mod 1 for a looooong time though :o Started off in prey drive but somewhere along the line things went a bit awry and we just weren't getting anywhere. We changed to food the beginning of this month and Kei has come along in leaps and bounds since :) He's a pretty low drive lazy dog so he is surprising me a lot at the moment!

Hehe, and yep, I have vids of me tripping over, losing my sunnies, dropping the food and dancing around like an idiot while Kei ignores me too. I'm sure Steve has had more than one laugh at my expense :o Go back to the early ones and you will wet your pants laughing :laugh: I really should take those down... but it does give me something to look back on whenever I think we're not getting anywhere too.

Mort looks great! He looks like he really enjoys it :laugh: he's so fast!!

Here's Daisy's latest video in case anyone missed it in the training talk thread :rofl: :rofl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31OwniDW8hE

ETA: SK, Kei looks like he is doing SO well with food! He's so bouncy and keen!

I just had a look back on my old vids (:rofl:) and this time last year exactly we had just started module two :thumbsup: Depending on the dog it can take time but it's so worth it in the end :o BTW - I have vids of me fully stacking it but they never made it to utube :o

Edited by huski

Congrats GSD for taking the plunge and doing the distance training :laugh:

Im glad your enjoying it. I will have to go and hunt for your videos.......

Hehe, and yep, I have vids of me tripping over, losing my sunnies, dropping the food and dancing around like an idiot while Kei ignores me too. I'm sure Steve has had more than one laugh at my expense :cheers: Go back to the early ones and you will wet your pants laughing :cheers: I really should take those down... but it does give me something to look back on whenever I think we're not getting anywhere too.

ha ha I have one on video where one of my shoes flies off. Like a true professional I pretend it doesn't happen and soldier on in my socks :cheers:

SecretKei, Kei is looking great with the food. Hes getting more and more into it :cheers: BTW I LOVE his hopping style :laugh:

Mort looks great! He looks like he really enjoys it :laugh: he's so fast!!

Here's Daisy's latest video in case anyone missed it in the training talk thread :laugh::rofl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31OwniDW8hE

ETA: SK, Kei looks like he is doing SO well with food! He's so bouncy and keen!

I just had a look back on my old vids (:laugh:) and this time last year exactly we had just started module two :laugh: Depending on the dog it can take time but it's so worth it in the end :eek: BTW - I have vids of me fully stacking it but they never made it to utube :eek:

:cheers::cheers::cheers: Well done Huski and Daisy - unless I've missed something I didn't see any errors!! I'm looking forward to the day Indi can work like that, although I think we've got a long way ahead of us :cheers:

Laeral if you can't find it I will pm you :(

Thanks GSD, I am really pleased with how she is coming along. I want to do some more work on her SFEs (she is usually quite good at them but isn't totally reliable if it's a complete stranger doing them) and stays over the next few weeks and then hopefully we will be ready to trial :laugh:

Edited by huski

We had our first training outing outside of the backyard today and I think it went well (Steve if you're reading this the OH is emailing you tonight I promise :laugh: ... we took Morty to the park across the road from home, had to have him on lead as the park is on-lead and there is a major road running each side of it - so we had kids on swings, a bowling competition at the bowls club next to the park, traffic on 2 sides and soccer games/competitions in part of the park .... and he surprised us it was great ..... I can't wait to see what happens in the next month!....

I saw your new vid FionaC. Mort looks great! He did really well with all that was going on around him! :)

We did our session in a completely new area this morning. It went okay... but I stacked it halfway through and landed on my bum :(