2010 Brags Thread

well done to you and the kids. Nothing like picking a BIG trial for you debut - bedazzled and I had this discussion during the week ;)

works for me :D

:eek: Nothing like a trial in good company ;). Hehe - it never really botheres me what trial I go to though :o Glad the kiddis pulled it off... heres' the vid, but the sound has gone on holidays :thumbsup: not sure what happened there, but the comments by the videographer were quite amusing....

Please don't pick on me too much :)

ETA - is the video in slo mo or is it just my computer?!?! Really not working for me tonight :)

No video for Kinta as we were all one after the other ;)

Edited by leopuppy04

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well done to you and the kids. Nothing like picking a BIG trial for you debut - bedazzled and I had this discussion during the week ;)

:eek: Nothing like a trial in good company ;). Hehe - it never really botheres me what trial I go to though :o Glad the kiddis pulled it off... heres' the vid, but the sound has gone on holidays :thumbsup: not sure what happened there, but the comments by the videographer were quite amusing....

Please don't pick on me too much :)

ETA - is the video in slo mo or is it just my computer?!?! Really not working for me tonight :)

No video for Kinta as we were all one after the other ;)

Nice!

well done to you and the kids. Nothing like picking a BIG trial for you debut - bedazzled and I had this discussion during the week :eek:

Ruby's Novice debut was our state trial last year :thumbsup: And I still stand by the fact that she gave me her best heelwork to date at that trial! Oh how I wish her concentration in the ring would return *sigh*

This is pretty minor compared with what some of your dogs are achieving but it is about my 7y/o Westie, Daisy, that I bought in March from a breeder. Daisy didn't know how to 'sit', wasn't house trained, had no manners and fought for her food...well this morning she passed her Beginners Evaluation...

Heel on Lead 18 out of 20 (I walk too fast for her :o )

Recall 10 out of 10,

Sit/stay 1 min 15 out of 15,

Down/stay 15 out of 15 and

Sit for examination 10 out of 10

....so she got 68 points out of 70.

I am so proud of her as she tries so hard to make us happy.

That's it really...just thought I'd post this to brag a bit :)

:thumbsup: That sounds pretty darned good to me, Boronia - you've achieved a LOT in only a few months. Well done to you and Daisy - and I bet you're enjoying watching her learn almost as much as she's enjoying learning. :)

Ditto, well done!!! :D

And as I said in the Aussie thread, LP, well done to you and Leo and of course Kinta on a fabulous debut!!! :eek:

For those of you who know something about Retrieving Trials for Gundogs, I proudly gained my QND (Qualifying Novice Dog) Title on the Long Weekend in June at the Lab Club/Gsp Trials held at Waikerie, SA.

Bailey works hard each season and I have a completion rate of about 90%......but never in the placings.

At least now this new Title recognizes the effort put in to finish a Trial.

I am still aiming for the elusive NRD (Novice Retrieving Dog) Title.............You need 3 wins to get this and I only have to get 2 more with only 7 trials for the year left in SA.

I might have to do some road trips to Vic if I haven't achieved my goal by the end of our Season.

Woo Hoo well done - this is a new title isn't it and means that you got 3 birdies back in the bucket. I take my hat off to you :thumbsup:

The QND title is gained by successfully completing 5 Trials............so that means 15 birds in the Bucket.

Thanks for the Congratulations...!!!!

I have a flyball brag!

Ahsoka made her return to flyball after her pad injury and despite her fitness being less than pre-injury' she smashed her PB by over a second! She is only a few points away from her Flyball Champion title!

Jedi had his first race in a competition even though he only started doing full runs 3 weeks ago! He was also awarded Judge's pick of the division!!!!!! Goooo Jedi!

Edited by TerraNik

Congratulations TerraNick,TwoBlackDogs, Leopuppy and everyone else who qualified. We had a busy two days of trialling. Yesterday was a bit of a disaster. Xena forgotten how to do a drop on recall and decided that the backside up in the air was a great look :eek: Gabby decided that the sendaway why sit in front when you can go through mums legs :eek: ohh and dont forget we can also do zoomies around the ring ;) Only Inka managed a pass in UD and that was hard work for the first two exercises came out with 184 and fourth place. Today was much better Xena remembered how to do a drop and came out with 194 and first in one open ring :) Inka came second with 195 in the other ring and managed to do her sit stays without dropping :eek: Gabby was sitting on 197 and instead of dropping managed to do a 3 min stand stay :D Ud Inka didnt manage to find the correct article (Very hard for the girl coming out of open doing brilliant work and going straight into ud lol) and Gabby got first in ud with 190. At least next week will be quiet as we dont have anything but the following week is off to Barmera a nice country trial. LOL

Hey Ness how did you go over the weekend

cheers

Danni

No luck for me today!

Kinta did a lovely round again and still managed to only lose 4 pts even after she jumped on the steward which is a good friend :eek:

pity she missed my retrieve signal and failed to get the dumbell :)

Leo did well again today even though the score board didn't reflect that. I was SO pleased with his seekback but alas he was about 5 mrs to the right of it. His heelwork fantastic and the rest of his work also pleasing

so I'm going home very happy and proud of my two puppies. I couldn't have asked for better work from either of them!!

Terra, boronia, twoblackdogs and everyone else - congrats on your lovely achievements :eek:

:o xena98 Ness is looking for a new home today after a pretty appauling performance. Yesterday was slightly better just a little hiccup with signals and her fresian cow effort when I went to send her out for her first article. Think they need to mow the ground a little better ;) . Then just to spite me I gave a second command and she went and found the correct article and presented :mad . Ah well beats last weekends 169 :) . I am not sure I could have tolerated that again so soon. I would rather fail miserably then pass every exercise and still fail.

No brags for me this weekend but a big congratulations to all with brags! :)

And commiserations to all without brags. :o

Did you have fun in Bunbury? ;)

Yes, me and Toby ran our best run since the last day of nationals, I am starting to feel the connection in the ring again and I had lunch with some rellies. :mad

Jess had her first shot at open today... and she was off with the fairies. Heel free was a bit disgraceful :) and she obviously forgot there are stewards in figure 8 because she cut it to go say hello! everything else was pretty good, then broad jump (why why why did I pick broad jump?!?!) she jumped it well and then forgot about me and stiffed the corner of it :mad. She never does well on the german shepherd club grounds! But it's all good, I didn't even think we'd make it to open this year! :o

Congrats to everyone else!

I have a flyball brag!

Ahsoka made her return to flyball after her pad injury and despite her fitness being less than pre-injury' she smashed her PB by over a second! She is only a few points away from her Flyball Champion title!

Jedi had his first race in a competition even though he only started doing full runs 3 weeks ago! He was also awarded Judge's pick of the division!!!!!! Goooo Jedi!

Well done, isn't it great when when one your dogs kicks it up a gear and smashes thier PB. Are you coming to the nationals with Ahsoka and Jedi?

I have a flyball brag!

Well done, isn't it great when when one your dogs kicks it up a gear and smashes thier PB. Are you coming to the nationals with Ahsoka and Jedi?

I know!!! I almost died of shock! She was running 6.8 seconds at her last comp and ran a 5.6 yesterday! :mad She was consistently under 6 seconds all day! I can't wait to see what we can clock when she's back to her usual fitness!

Unfortunately we won't be at the nats! :o It's right in the middle of my uni exams! But I will be there for the 2011 Nationals in Sydney! :)

I have a flyball brag!

Congrats!!! I don't know much (actually, nothing!) about flyball! How do you obtain a Flyball Champion title? Way to go :grimace:

Congrats to everyone else with brags, and those who gave things a go this weekend and came away with no brags, well done to you guys also regardless! :)

I have a flyball brag!

Congrats!!! I don't know much (actually, nothing!) about flyball! How do you obtain a Flyball Champion title? Way to go :)

All Flyball titles are based on points accumulation. You get 1 point for every heat completed correctly by all 4 dogs. If you win that heat you get an addition 1 point. Flyball Champion is 50 points, Australian Flyball Champion is 150 points. The full title list is here: http://www.flyball.org.au/