Melbourne Pet Expo 2010.

whitka

Did anyone see the flyball demo's today???

I thought the stalls were crap (the retail ones), I came home with fudge :)

Yes I love the flyball demo! I bought this new brand of aussie made pet treats..high grade meats with herbs...I can't remember the name now. Kept the packets high up in the cupboard when I came home. My ILs bought the long stripes of candy from the stall outside...sour candy or sorts...not too bad..nom nom nom

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for the breed stands, the co-ordinator for the Gundog Club was unable to co-ordinate for this year unfortunately. As for the others I don't know, but it's bl**dy hard work (I have done one myself). You are watching your dog all day, trying to speak postively of the breed whilst also somewhat controlling the general publics interactions with your dog.

The breed clubs need to be big enough that people can work in shifts and for a lot of clubs that is difficult. You also need the right type of dogs for the job.

You also need people who are willing to travel and give up their time for nothing even if the weather's hot and many people don't live in the South East.

Good point... i really liked the people at the gundog club stand last yr, we had a lovely chat with a lady that owned a beautiful Brittany :)

There has been such a dramatic drop off in stalls this yr from last... when i walkled in i thought being the last day some must have left? but no they couldnt all make it...

The Sibe club didn't have a stand this year - the usual story, not enough people etc.

We were showing though, and brought a few more with us, so that they could lay outside our gazebo and interact with the public.

We went and visited with the mally stand this arvo and showed people the difference between the two!

The stalls this year were very poor. I noticed very little products - most stalls were actually pet shops, product distributors, etc

Only one dog food stand (not counting treat stalls etc). Certainly not something i would pay to go see - which is such a disapointment. Greedy organisers have ruined a fantastic event!

The Sibe club didn't have a stand this year - the usual story, not enough people etc.

We were showing though, and brought a few more with us, so that they could lay outside our gazebo and interact with the public.

We went and visited with the mally stand this arvo and showed people the difference between the two!

The stalls this year were very poor. I noticed very little products - most stalls were actually pet shops, product distributors, etc

Only one dog food stand (not counting treat stalls etc). Certainly not something i would pay to go see - which is such a disapointment. Greedy organisers have ruined a fantastic event!

Me and my little sister saw u guys with the mali's! gorgeous dogs everywhere hehehe :)

Me and my little sister saw u guys with the mali's! gorgeous dogs everywhere hehehe :vomit:

Too funny - did you see the evil Mol bashing up poor big Quake? He was very good to take multiple paws to the head :o

Edited by SilverHaze

I thought the stalls were crap (the retail ones), I came home with fudge :o

Did you give your boy a run? How did he go?

How did Bundy go Menacebear? Did he whip up some enthusiasm?

Yep Billy was in all 3 demos doing full runs and a recall. First run he missed one jump and the rest he did perfect full runs. Was very proud of him.

Bundy was ace. He did wonderful recalls.

Me and my little sister saw u guys with the mali's! gorgeous dogs everywhere hehehe :vomit:

Too funny - did you see the evil Mol bashing up poor big Quake? He was very good to take multiple paws to the head :o

We most definatly did see some bashing lol wasnt quiet sure what was going on at the time though haha

I thought the stalls were crap (the retail ones), I came home with fudge :vomit:

Yep Billy was in all 3 demos doing full runs and a recall. First run he missed one jump and the rest he did perfect full runs. Was very proud of him.

Well done :o Were they solo runs or was he crossing with other dogs as well? I'm glad someone from Berwick had a successful weekend :rofl:

How boring is it this year, far out I would be VERY unhappy if I payd to get in..I didnt even buy anything at all...

I felt the same but didn't want to say anything in case it was just me! :o

I was telling my best friend last night how much it has changed and I have attended lots of them, even the very first one at the old Exhibition Buildings.

I would be surprised if it runs next year- don't get me wrong the volunteers all do a great job and it is very hard work being there all three days- but the trade stands each year just keep on dwindling.

I was happy to grab some Aussiedog spare parts and to see that Studio Sebastian was back but we went back in to try to find Aussie Pet Health Treats and they were a no-show, listed on the info but MIA!

I heard that Aussie Pet have gone down the gurgler, just happened very recently.

I thought the stalls were crap (the retail ones), I came home with fudge :o

Well done :laugh: Were they solo runs or was he crossing with other dogs as well? I'm glad someone from Berwick had a successful weekend :D

Just solo runs because he only did his first full run the week prior at training.

Berwick had a good weekend, atleast we can all have a laugh about it and focus on the not so great stuff back at training :D

I heard that Aussie Pet have gone down the gurgler, just happened very recently.

Aussie Dog, or Aussie Pet (I haven't heard of Aussie Pet).

That would be a shame if it is Aussie Dog (mind you, a shame for anyone's business to fail) - they produced some good products.

Just solo runs because he only did his first full run the week prior at training.

Berwick had a good weekend, atleast we can all have a laugh about it and focus on the not so great stuff back at training :laugh:

Everyone with a healthy sense of humour still had a good time. My day was made when my boy broke the 5 second barrier in his first run of the day for the first time, not bad for a 33kg dog. Pity about the yellow card to finish the day.

No Erny, Aussie Pet treats, I was looking for them too. Aussie Dog were there, they got my money for a staffy ball for the destructive Rott. Also the water bowls they had were not as big as the one you have, a good third smaller so unless you wanted a smaller one you didn't miss out.

I really enjoyed it, I always do but noticed there were a lot less stalls. And the showies seemed to be squished in to a much smaller area.

As for the breed stands, I don't know how the guys do it. I was watching at the Mal stand, this little girl came screaming up with her hands waving in the air, screeching. Poor dog. The dog cringed but stood his ground. It would be so tiring doing that all day. My hat goes off to you all. :laugh:

No Erny, Aussie Pet treats, I was looking for them too. Aussie Dog were there, they got my money for a staffy ball for the destructive Rott. Also the water bowls they had were not as big as the one you have, a good third smaller so unless you wanted a smaller one you didn't miss out.

Thanks Mr R & NR. That makes me feel better for not bothering. If you are anywhere where you see the bowls I speak of (it's handy that you've seen mine and know what I am after), please let me know :). No, I wouldn't have wanted one any smaller than what I already have.

Cheers!

Erny

Everyone with a healthy sense of humour still had a good time. My day was made when my boy broke the 5 second barrier in his first run of the day for the first time, not bad for a 33kg dog. Pity about the yellow card to finish the day.

Ebon did great, that would have made my day too. He was allowed to have a brain snap at the end of the day, it was so hot and muggy.

I loved watching the flyball but that was about the only highlight! I kept saying to my OH "I think that dog is from dol, and that one, and maybeee that one" his response was... "your a crazy dog stalking women"