Melbourne Pet Expo 2010.

whitka

I might go for a look on Sunday, it will be the first one for a few years I haven't had Frodo or Rheneas or both in the flyball demo so it will feel a bit odd not having a dog there. Sunday afternoon is good for bargain-hunters: quite a few of the dog-food rep stands have extra discounts on food or promotional "show bags".

Saturday flyball should be good at Berwick: and the fire-fighters are going to be showcased opening the Highland Games - can imagine that will be pretty emotional but something special to see with the pipe bands. (Fun/serious dog show too: West Highlands against Scots Terrier, battle of the whites and blacks (and wheatens)).

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saturday flyball should be good at Berwick: and the fire-fighters are going to be showcased opening the Highland Games - can imagine that will be pretty emotional but something special to see with the pipe bands. (Fun/serious dog show too: West Highlands against Scots Terrier, battle of the whites and blacks (and wheatens)).

Watch out for the two members of the Berwick flyball team who are also pipers and run their dogs whilst wearing their full regalia.

Yay I'm going tomorrow... so excited!

It's free with your DogsVic membership card is it not?

It used to be, but the security guards won't let anyone in who is not obviously showing, so unless you have dogs, trolley, gazebo and entry numbers you'll be sent around the front. :D

It's about $6.00 to park and $15 to get in.

Edited by Staff'n'Toller

:laugh: I want to go tomorrow but it is our reunion dinner (Lunar New Year). I will probably slip out to caulfield on sunday.....can't wait to see all the wonderful doggies again. I just love Pet Expos :champagne: I hope I don't grin like a mad person as I did last year..people might think I am a looney because I just kept smiling at all the dogs :thumbsup:

I ended up going to the expo today... had chats to the deerie people, not sure if it was you Elfin.

Yes! It was me, if I was the one boring to death the poor woman that told me she had an Afghan!!!! :thanks:

I suspected a couple of people I spoke to were DOLers, and when I finally plucked up the courage to say "are you on Dogzonline?" to one lady, she stared at me blankly and shook her head. :o

(Note to self: must get name tag that says "Elfin" to wear to dog events!!)

Edited by Elfin

We are just about to head off to the Expo. We are on the Deerhound breed stand today. Showing tomorrow.

Please come and say hello! (I'm the short one :mad )

Hello O short one :thanks::cry: Good luck for tomorrow and dont forget to not make a total dick of yourself, keep that arm still :o