Interceptor

Malamum

Sasha LOVED the Interceptor tablets - she also thought they were a treat and would turn herself inside out for her monthly one. Took her a while to get used to the chews - she was a little wary of them - and doesn't like them as much as the tablets - but she eats them up like a treat!

Chloe won't be fooled. She takes so much medication and tablets, she has a sixth sense now!

• 1 month later...

Am I the only one here who's dogs simply will NOT eat the new chewy Interceptor? They blow them clean across the room. I have no trouble getting a tablet down my dogs throat but there is no way I can get those square, rectangular things down.

The no stickers doesn't worry me as I do everything on the 1st of the month - but having no choice but the chews really has got me and I changed to Milbemax this month.

I do have friends that have had the same problem and I have suggested the change to them also.

Am I the only one here who's dogs simply will NOT eat the new chewy Interceptor? They blow them clean across the room. I have no trouble getting a tablet down my dogs throat but there is no way I can get those square, rectangular things down.

The no stickers doesn't worry me as I do everything on the 1st of the month - but having no choice but the chews really has got me and I changed to Milbemax this month.

I do have friends that have had the same problem and I have suggested the change to them also.

Neither of my dogs will eat the new chews: including the dog that happily eats his blood pressure tablets.

And they are too big to shove down their throats.

Both would happily eat the tablets.

I have been searching everywhere for someone with some old stock.

Agree both my two were fine with the tablets and would take them as though a treat but youngster has issues with the chews and has to be supervised closely else she might only eat half.

Edited by ness

Gypsy LOVES them and I actually break it into a few pieces and use it as a training treat - we practice heeling up and down the hallway and she works really hard :(

Could you try putting them into the dog's food bowl, I hide things like tablets in yoghurt or mince and they all get eaten (I supervise and check the bowl/surrounding area after.

Granted, I do have a golden retriever who has never met anything that didn't seem edible (except for mint).

I had changed to Interceptor for the winter & the ones I bought were round tablets with a use by date of 10.-2010 which had little round stickers. For the summer I was using Sentinal chews, which were in a really big box, hard to figure how to open & no stickers. Both my dogs didn't mind eating the Interceptor tablets & with the Sentinal chews I break them up into smaller pieces to eat. They were a little reluctant to eat them, but did eventually because the were both competing for "food treats" at the same time. Wasn't happy with the Sentinal re: fleas my dog still had them & will be going back to Interceptor & Advantage.

You need to use Lufenuron year round for flea control- that's why it didn't work for you. It's doesn't kill fleas on application it makes eggs unviable thus your flea population dies out.

Adulticide = all animals need to be on it.

Growth regultor (Sentinel) all dogs need to be on it and cats on program injection.

Edited by Staff'n'Toller