Quarantine

Bokezu

From what i've heard... Melbourne is much easier to deal with than Sydney. I've babysat friends dogs in Melbourne Q and found the staff are very good. A friend currently has a coated breed in Sydney Q and she is only being given 30mins in the grooming room!!!

Sydney was a pain the bum to start with, I basically had to beg & educate them on doggy reproduction & pubety before they'd let us kennel our two 3 month old puppies together as they were the opposite sex. They stated 'we don't permit matings in quarantine' aaaah helllo, they are BABIES!!!!!

And then when we got over that obstacle, they still didn't want to house them together as they felt that due to stress & being confined, they may turn on each other aggressively!!! :cry: I had to answer tonnes of questions about their temperament & whether or not they have shown aggression towards each other before. It was very frustrating for myself, fanuilos & arawyn.

But once they were in, it was all pretty smooth sailing & our kennel attendents (Kelly & Josh) were absolutely fantastic, we couldn't have been happier with them! :cry:

Sydney was a pain the bum to start with, I basically had to beg & educate them on doggy reproduction & pubety before they'd let us kennel our two 3 month old puppies together as they were the opposite sex. They stated 'we don't permit matings in quarantine' aaaah helllo, they are BABIES!!!!!

And then when we got over that obstacle, they still didn't want to house them together as they felt that due to stress & being confined, they may turn on each other aggressively!!! :shrug: I had to answer tonnes of questions about their temperament & whether or not they have shown aggression towards each other before. It was very frustrating for myself, fanuilos & arawyn.

But once they were in, it was all pretty smooth sailing & our kennel attendents (Kelly & Josh) were absolutely fantastic, we couldn't have been happier with them! :cry:

good to hear it finally worked out :cry:

I'm sort of leaning towards Melbourne now as its closer for me. As I'm in Tas I could fly over reg for visits

Wondering what they are like regarding food? Do they mind you taking raw meat in for them? Will they put some away or can you only take what can be eaten on that day? Will they make any exceptions for there 2 a week visit policy?

And then when we got over that obstacle, they still didn't want to house them together as they felt that due to stress & being confined, they may turn on each other aggressively!!! :idea: I had to answer tonnes of questions about their temperament & whether or not they have shown aggression towards each other before. It was very frustrating for myself, fanuilos & arawyn.

good to hear it finally worked out :cry:

I'm sort of leaning towards Melbourne now as its closer for me. As I'm in Tas I could fly over reg for visits

Wondering what they are like regarding food? Do they mind you taking raw meat in for them? Will they put some away or can you only take what can be eaten on that day? Will they make any exceptions for there 2 a week visit policy?

I took in frozen chicken wings, bagged them 2 per bag & they had no problem defrosting them & giving them for dinner. I wasn't fussy though & said give them whenever you feel like it :shrug:

For those that have experience with both which is the best or are they both around the same quality of care etc...?

Melbourne,, every time .Have brought 2 Standard poodles in in the last 2 yrs and the staff were fantastic. Grooming area terrific and I could have time to bath and trim with out being disturbed, they also have fully covered runs if you ask. Also I took my food in and they were happy to oblige, and that included Chicken wings and necks, Barf and some dry , also fed twice a day at request.

...Wondering what they are like regarding food? Do they mind you taking raw meat in for them? Will they put some away or can you only take what can be eaten on that day? Will they make any exceptions for there 2 a week visit policy?

Don't know about Melbourne, but I've visited a number of dogs in Sydney and always took along fresh meat/bones, packed individually, clearly labelled with the dogs' names, and left them in the frig ... there was no problem, and the kennel staff always seemed happy that i'd left them..

I'll PM you with the sort of things I did...

...Wondering what they are like regarding food? Do they mind you taking raw meat in for them? Will they put some away or can you only take what can be eaten on that day? Will they make any exceptions for there 2 a week visit policy?

Don't know about Melbourne, but I've visited a number of dogs in Sydney and always took along fresh meat/bones, packed individually, clearly labelled with the dogs' names, and left them in the frig ... there was no problem, and the kennel staff always seemed happy that i'd left them..

I'll PM you with the sort of things I did...

:rofl:

For those that have experience with both which is the best or are they both around the same quality of care etc...?

Just had my tzu go through Melbourne....no complaints about staff and their dedication...knowledge in some areas perhaps..and of course the station is clean but very delapidated......for the dollars charged one would expect better conditions....oh and of course there are the rabbits (lol)

We used Melbourne last year when we imported our young dog. The staff were very friendly and helpful and were quite willing to feed the dog whatever food you wanted to take in. Also had some friends used Melboourne in the last couple of years and all had the same experience.

Pam