Amstaff Breeder

N@Dog

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it really sad that someone would even consider placing a puppy in danger. Maybe if they were to be honest about the situation, a breeder might be willing to negotiate hanging onto a puppy until after the second vacc, for the sake of the puppy that they've invested a lot of time and emotion into raising.

ETA: Please do inform breeders of what happened to your last puppy and let them decide if your home is suitable for one of their puppies.

what are you on about dude......i dont have a puppy (yet)

and how is me getting a puppy placing it in danger?

You personally haven't got a pup yet (thank goodness) but your sister has and by bringing that puppy into a parvo infected house you HAVE put it in danger. And you are more than happy to place another innocent dog at risk just because you won't listen to people that DO know. We don't all think we know everything but together we all know a damn lot!

I have never had anything to do with parvo but is it possible that there could be the odd pup out there that even at a young age could be subjected to the virus and not get it? but pup another pup in the same place and it could be a totally different story?

going by some information i have read on the net some dog breeds are more settable to this then other and some pup could get it and health get and others could die from it. sorry not much help

i hope that all turns out well for you and your new puppy when you get it.

I respect the fact you may love your animals...But if you watched one puppy die from this terrible virus, and there could be a percentage factor of another young pup getting that same virus, are you willing to take that chance and would you want another dog going through that....I can't say i would want to take that risk.... My girls litter sister got parvo after her 16wk needle spent a week in intensive care and a blood tranfusion....We as a whole are only concerned for the new pup, as you say us talking about it makes you think of duke and is upsetting, but not upsetting enough to think of the wellbeing of a new pup...I don't understand that part of it....Can you guarantee that your house and yard is 100% safe?

Edited by sandra64

I find it really sad that someone would even consider placing a puppy in danger. Maybe if they were to be honest about the situation, a breeder might be willing to negotiate hanging onto a puppy until after the second vacc, for the sake of the puppy that they've invested a lot of time and emotion into raising.

ETA: Please do inform breeders of what happened to your last puppy and let them decide if your home is suitable for one of their puppies.

what are you on about dude......i dont have a puppy (yet)

and how is me getting a puppy placing it in danger?

By your own admission that the pet shop puppy you purchased died of parvo whilst in your home and in your care. Even if you only had the puppy in your home for a day, it is still enough for the virus to have contaminated your property.

Parvo virus remains stable in the environment, it can withstand heat, sunlight, cold temps for many months. You can wash and bleach your floors and cement areas, however the virus can remain for many months in carpet, grass , bare earth and even cracks in cement.

Did your puppy get sick within a week or so of coming home from the pet shop ?

Consensus amongst vets and those who have studied the virus , is that you should not introduce a puppy to an area that has been exposed to the virus for at least 6 months and 9 months or more is preferable.

I'm guessing that you would expect any breeder that you choose to be upfront and honest with you about the puppy they are going to sell you, it's health status and any guarantees, it's parents and how they've raised it. You would be expecting to buy that puppy, the breeder having provided full disclosure ? Then do the same in return.

N@Dog, what everyone is trying to explain to you is that, just because your sister's pup has not contracted the virus, does not mean that any other pup will also not get it, being in your home environment. Or that your sister's pup, when subject to further vaccinations or any other physiological stresses will not still contract it.

Yes at time we DOLers may be perceived by some as over protective judgemental and controlling, but please understand that the information you are being given is correct, free, sensible and sound advice. To not listen and take this wonderful advice on board does not behoove you.

Ask yourself this... if when you get your gorgeous new pup, that you have spent countless hrs researching breeders etc for, becomes ill with parvo, could you live with yourself after being advised to take a little more time to quarantine your household environment?

Nobody here would wish that upon you or anybody else, but if it did happen, you would feel absolutely awful, and all because you preferred to advise well doers to "chill"

I am so sorry for the loss of your pup N@Dog. I do hope in time the pain lessens and eventually you will have a new bundle of joy to go on with.

Parvo virus remains stable in the environment, it can withstand heat, sunlight, cold temps for many months. You can wash and bleach your floors and cement areas, however the virus can remain for many months in carpet, grass , bare earth and even cracks in cement.

Consensus amongst vets and those who have studied the virus , is that you should not introduce a puppy to an area that has been exposed to the virus for at least 6 months and 9 months or more is preferable.

Don't waste your time Warley, this boys father is a vet of 35? years and mum is a vet nurse of between 16 & 25 years (depends where you read) so they would OBVIOUSLY know all this, wouldn't they?

Don't waste your time Warley, this boys father is a vet of 35? years and mum is a vet nurse of between 16 & 25 years (depends where you read) so they would OBVIOUSLY know all this, wouldn't they?

I think it's very important information to be getting out there to others who may be in a similar situation. Just because this one knows it all, doesn't mean that others who care about their potential new puppy won't listen.

An 8 week old pup, having been vaccinated at 6 weeks, could well have zero immunity. It would be much safer to wait a while, then work with a breeder who can vacc at 8 weeks and then again at 12 and give a puppy a fighting chance.

After watching one pup suffer and die from Parvo I think its reprehensible that you would consider bringing another pup into the household that may suffer the same fate.

Just because your sisters pup has not contracted parvo yet does not mean that it won't and that your new pup won't also.

You have been given a lot of good advice about the precautions you should take in regards to getting a new pup, what exactly is the problem with waiting?

I feel very sorry for the poor breeder whom you eventually get a pup from if you have to tell them what happened to the pup they bred :o

Dyzney.....I love your posts... your way of explanation is always sensible and non combative .... :o I hope one day you become a breeder as I think you will do a great job... some posters can drive you mad at times especially when they just won't listen but you seem to have a way of getting your point across in a very professional way. :thumbsup:

Dyzney.....I love your posts... your way of explanation is always sensible and non combative .... :o I hope one day you become a breeder as I think you will do a great job... some posters can drive you mad at times especially when they just won't listen but you seem to have a way of getting your point across in a very professional way. :thumbsup:

Ah jaymatt, you sweety.

Guess what, I am a registered breeder, and have been for a couple of years. Unfortunately when my foundation bitch Dyzney became ill nearly 2 years ago, and we nearly lost her, we had to desex her, so I have put breeding on the back burner. But some day maybe. I just could not get another bitch while Dyzney is still here, as I know it would just break her heart. She is my heart dog, and as she survived her dreadful diesease, I at least owe that to her.

OT, sorry guys...

also, how is Lauren, jaymatt?

yes my mum and dad are vets and YES they (and i) do know this, it was my arogant stupid sister that brought a dog into the house NOT ME, so how bout you stop being a smart ass.

and why is it since ive mentioned my mum and step dad are vets everyone is almost 'against' that idea, always using it agianst me, well im sorry but i dont lean of my mother and father and make them do everything for me, i do things for myself and it does not involve them i dont run to them every second for this and that so YES i do make mistakes, I AM NOT A VET so do not expect ME to knwo everything just becuae my mum and dad are, if ur dads a plumber i dont expect you to know how to plumb......would ya?

SBT, yes i will tell the breeder about this history, as i feel it is safe and will be safe by the time i decide to get a pup, wich as i said probley many times is in a few weeks if not MONTHS, by the sounds of you guys raving on i think ur under the impression im getting one very SOON.....NO IM NOT as i said. and i think it was you who asked about the parvo simpoms, yea they started acoruing (started with diohrea) about.....6 days after we got him, so he got parvo from the pet shop, and the pet shop had to notify the breeder (BYB) in wich they got him from, and notify the owner of the other pup that was in the enclosure with him at the pet store.

seriously end of the day, by the time i decide to get a pup ( IN A FEW MONTHS ) i beleive the house will be safe, and id respect a breeders descision if they think other wise, no worries. but i believe by then the house will be fine.

i didnt start this topic to argue on and rave on about pravo in the house or any of the other stuff that is going on, i came here to get advice on breeders, since last time i came on i got abused by MANY people about getting a BYB dog, and when i come on to do what u guys said and start looking at breeders, what do i get? abused.... AGAIN. wtf

I DO CARE about my dog/dogs in the house, and future dogs in the house, NO element of doubt, so dont dare say i dont!

im sick of typing and trying to remember what people said. good night

Edited by N@Dog

After watching one pup suffer and die from Parvo I think its reprehensible that you would consider bringing another pup into the household that may suffer the same fate.

Just because your sisters pup has not contracted parvo yet does not mean that it won't and that your new pup won't also.

You have been given a lot of good advice about the precautions you should take in regards to getting a new pup, what exactly is the problem with waiting?

I feel very sorry for the poor breeder whom you eventually get a pup from if you have to tell them what happened to the pup they bred :rofl:

i dont have a problem with waiting, if you read what ive been saying as much as everyone else you wil se that i said, in a few weeks if not MONTHS. is that not waiting?

Ey Guys,

Ive been searching the internet now for a few weeks on Amstaff breeders (in AUS) for when i decide to get a pup (few weeks).

i have seen a few, the two i liked most were these:

king of Blue Amstaffs

http://www.kingofbluestaffies.com/index.html

Amseraphs Amstaffs

http://www.amseraphsamstaffs.com/Home.htm

Amseraphs, apprently (according to there website) are the Number 1 Amstaff Bredder in Australia, is this true?

also, can any suggest a creditable, good, breeder of American Staffordshire Terriers please?

p.s. if u suggest a breeder, and you have a Amstaff from them, please include pic :rofl: pictures are always good, good excuse to show off ya Amstaff's too hehe :cheer:

The bolded section is where I got my info from.

I'm sorry to see that you are getting offended again, unfortunately you will come to learn the anything to do with animals brings emotive responses some you will like, some you won't.

You say the house has been cleaned of Parvo - what procedures were carried out to do that? what disinfectants were used etc? - these are questions any responsible breeder will ask you if you (as you should) inform them of the previous issue with your pup.

Washed all fabrics the dog has touched. Use bleach in the warm-wash cycle to kill any Parvo that may be present in any fabric the dog has had contact with. bleached all floors, ceiling, walls inc skirting, doors, hinges, cabinets, cupboards, benchesm bedsm pot plants, chairs etc EVERYTHING that is solid (none fabric) TWICE (the second time with fresh batch of bleach) and used a bleach threw a srpay gun thing u atach to the hose for all the outside and outsiedd walls etc

then we used some kind of dissinfactant mum got form the surgery (sorry cant remember the name and she's in bed) and done the whole house with that again.

we bleached all carpet, then got the carpet steam cleaned. since then we have dissinfected (especialy since we got that new pup of my sisters) every week.

this process took us 3 days, non stop, as we were VERY worried about abrham (our other dog) in wich he stayed at our g paraents house for weeks after.

we have stopped dissinfecting now, since...... 2 weeks ago (i think, ruffley 2 weeks ago anyway), so that a few months of dissinfecting (trsut me it aint fun) i dont know about you gusy, but i cant see how you can get anymore perdantic than that. i think ina few months time and all that im confident a breeder would feel safe in doing so.