Random Question

jess live die

last night i was talking to my dad *he only has eyes for one breed * so he wasnt to helpful.

we were talking about dog groups

now staffys come into terriers

he said German shepards come into working dogs/sheep dogs not sure if thats right.

but what do great danes come into?

Random question (sorry for the hijack) Why is it, that boston terriers and tibetan terriers are in group 7 (non-sporting) and not group 2 (terriers)? :hug:

:rofl: group 7 sure makes for a varied lineup though :rofl:

correct me if I'm wrong but the breed groupings can/do differ slightly from country to country yes?

Edited by Kissindra

correct me if I'm wrong but the breed groupings can/do differ slightly from country to country yes?

Yes FCI have approx 10 grps.

Other countries have pastoral & working(herding).

Bosten Terries & Tibetan Terriers arent terriers,just like australian silky terrier.

For example in the US toy poodles & shih tzu are in the toy grp.

Random question (sorry for the hijack) Why is it, that boston terriers and tibetan terriers are in group 7 (non-sporting) and not group 2 (terriers)? :hug:

:rofl: group 7 sure makes for a varied lineup though :rofl:

I was going off the lists on the ANKC website, I just thought it was strange :rofl:

Bosten Terries & Tibetan Terriers arent terriers,just like australian silky terrier.

and the Maltese Terrier :hug::rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ETA: in the USA the Mini Schnauzer is/was in the Terrier group (or has it been moved again?)

Edited by Sandra777

Great Danes are in Non Sporting in Australia but in Working in US and UK - their original 'purpose' was boar hunting.

They do not belong in non-sporting - they look out of place especially in the BP and Puppy classes and are certainly under-represented in Class in Group winners.