The Western Classic

Whipitgood

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole night was a blur for me... here is hoping tonight will be more relaxing as I only have three dogs to show... big thanks to everyone who helped me out last night!

I kept meaning to come up and introduce myself but you seemed a tad busy :rofl: Hopefully tonight things will be calmer and I'll come and say hi :)

I don't know anyone on the showing side, apart from valleyCBR, so it made it hard for me to come up and say hi to anyone :(

RubyStar I know a few people BUT I am semi considering setting up camp at agility tonight :rofl: I wish I could be in two places at once. :(

Showdog I saw your Gordon (I think) who looked very nice! Setters look so lovely when they are all showy.

Edited by valleyCBR

Well I had a good night last night... although am very tired atm after getting to bed around 1am then having to get up this morning in order to have a lesson on my horse :)

Banjo was a good boy and Robi was a star, taking out BOB Lappy and first time for him to beat his father :rofl: Even better, my woosy dog actually went UP to the judge to say hello when we finished our triangle :rofl:

Was good to meet valleyCBR, although I do find it funny that we both recognised each other's dog! :(

So another night showing for me and I want to try and watch some agility. I didn't enter since the owners of my Aussies are at a wedding tonight and I don't want Banjo's first trial to be running back and forward between the show and agility.

RubyStar I know a few people BUT I am semi considering setting up camp at agility tonight :( I wish I could be in two places at once. :)

Showdog I saw your Gordon (I think) who looked very nice! Setters look so lovely when they are all showy.

Yep my gordon & ES ,scratching tonight going to sit & watch instead :rofl:

My handsome Irish boy won BOB last night and was short-listed to final 4 (?) for BIG :thumbsup: I'm just so proud of how good he's looking at the moment! Of course, then he blew it by being a sulky poohead and wouldn't move. Course...maybe if the *cough* handler had taken him to the toilet, he may have been more comfortable... If anyone would like to give "Mr Dreadlock" a slap upside the head next time they see him, feel free. That's what happens when you send your OH to the show alone :laugh:

Edited by Faolmor

My handsome Irish boy won BOB last night and was short-listed to final 4 (?) for BIG :rofl: I'm just so proud of how good he's looking at the moment! Of course, then he blew it by being a sulky poohead and wouldn't move. Course...maybe if the *cough* handler had taken him to the toilet, he may have been more comfortable... If anyone would like to give "Mr Dreadlock" a slap upside the head next time they see him, feel free. That's what happens when you send your OH to the show alone :laugh:

Your boy looked lovely Faolmor.... :rofl: Thought it was between him and the English Springer for the class yesterday as they were both shortlisted but nope... :laugh:

Anyway, tonight's BIS was the GSP, and Runner Up was the Rotty. I think the Baby was the Chow (go Aslan!) but didn't see for sure and left just as that class was judged - I am pooped!

My Moose was a good boy again tonight winning BOB but nothing else. Finally got to meet SparkyTansy :rofl:, and had a nice night chatting to people... will see how I feel about going back to watch tomorrow.

Off to bed now :thumbsup:

I had both the brown boys there and Lincoln did me proud in the breed ring and Toby did the practice jumps at agility really well! But with the two dogs it was too hard to watch agility so I will be going tomorow to cheer on my clubs team!!

If I go tomorow that means I have been every night of the Classic. :laugh:

Anyway, tonight's BIS was the GSP, and Runner Up was the Rotty. I think the Baby was the Chow (go Aslan!) but didn't see for sure and left just as that class was judged - I am pooped!

:laugh: YAY for the beautiful chokky-spot pointer :thumbsup:

I claim to have found her first... Post #22 :laugh:http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?show...68531&st=15

Congratulations to all tonight's winners!

Just wanted to say a big congrats to everyone for getting through the show! Lots of non awards, and lots of hair sniffing! LOL!

SIS - Thanks as always for showing my pooch....you're the very best EVER! Don't worry....WE know that we dont' use hairspray on his hair...only Shampoo!

Edited by MyMontage

Interesting night for me last night.

I was told by the judge my Kelpie was too skinny :D Which is very amusing since half of my agility friends keep telling me he needs to lose more weight for agility :thumbsup: So it is probably a good thing she didn't go down and see any agility dogs ;)

Boots was dog CC and ruBOB Lappy - and needs his teeth cleaned according to the judge (as did quite a few dogs of other breeds)! I didn't think they were that bad... he is a 7yo LOL. Robi (who was BOB Saturday) was not even awarded his class, but then our minor bitch was awarded her class and she is weaker in the areas that the judge gave as reasons for Robi's non award :thumbsup: I have to admit I was expecting it though after her comment to one of the Chow people on Friday night.

Robi also hated the fact that the judge had her hands on him before he even stopped moving :rofl: First time Robs has backed off a judge in a long time and given he had moved towards the Sat night judge I had hoped I was over that with him :rofl:

Oh, and it was very fun when the lights went out, although I think there was enough moonlight that they could have kept judging :thumbsup:

You had the Finnish judge Mirawee? She was N/A'ing dogs for being overweight, didn't hear of anyone being booted out for being underweight!! :thumbsup:

Her reasoning is completely all over the place... like the Toy Poodle - she just kept going when each point she gave for non awarding her was disproven... finally she said "oh well, I just don't like her" (or words to that effect) :thumbsup:

Moose was awarded BOB again last night, so I guess we fared better than some this weekend! :thumbsup: So now I have a nice set of six Advance tumblers... :D

Going back tonight to watch (probably)... anyone else showing/spectating?

You had the Finnish judge Mirawee?

Yes, I had the Finnish judge :D

Banjo still got BOB kelpie. She just said he was skinny, to which I replied that he does agility as well. He is a working breed after all... and is probably body scale of 4 so in the "ideal" weight range according to most body score systems :thumbsup:

I will be back tonight for teams agility :thumbsup: Hope my dogs behave :thumbsup:

My handsome Irish boy won BOB last night and was short-listed to final 4 (?) for BIG :rofl: I'm just so proud of how good he's looking at the moment! Of course, then he blew it by being a sulky poohead and wouldn't move. Course...maybe if the *cough* handler had taken him to the toilet, he may have been more comfortable... If anyone would like to give "Mr Dreadlock" a slap upside the head next time they see him, feel free. That's what happens when you send your OH to the show alone :thumbsup:

Your boy looked lovely Faolmor.... :rofl:Thought it was between him and the English Springer for the class yesterday as they were both shortlisted but nope... :D

My Moose was a good boy again tonight winning BOB but nothing else. Finally got to meet SparkyTansy ;), and had a nice night chatting to people... will see how I feel about going back to watch tomorrow.

Off to bed now :thumbsup:

LOL Yes - a bit bummed by that one. Oh well - it's how the showing cookie crumbles! Perhaps if Fionn had moved less like a sack of wet potatoes, he might have had a better chance :thumbsup: