Western Sydney Church Selling Dd's

Crazy Daisy

I wonder perhaps if they don't realise what they are doing is exploitation? When every tom dick and harry is "breeding puppies" in your suburb this might seem normal.

Sometimes people do things from a position of genuine ignorance. And when you take dogs to the vet many will not question whether why you have chosen a mixed-breed dog, where you got it from etc. So where do you think people will get the correct input from otherwise? Most people have no clue about the ankc or dol etc.

Some people really have no idea about ethical breeding.

My first job was in a pet shop. I know, shock horror. I like many people was under the impression that when you breed mixed breed dogs you breed out genetic faults. And I thought it was cruel to put your dog at risk of genetic faults by having a purebreed. Backwards and totally misinformed I know but until I was set straight I thought I was in the right. And I didnt get this info from where I worked, I got it from my local dog club, a vet nurse and other dog owners.

I didn't realise how horrible it must have been for the puppies to be in the pens being cooped up all day and all night. All I know is that I worked my butt off every day cleaning out the pens, breathing in strong disinfectants just to make sure their quarters were germ free and spotless. I did this because it was my job and because I wanted them to have somewhere clean to live. I really cared about them.

Obviously now I struggle to even walk past a PP :love:

Writing a letter or an email is a good idea. But if you don't want them to get their back-up do it from the right place. That is do it to educate and not to condemn.

Sometimes the correct information given in the right way can convict a person and make them change their ways. If they continue to do the wrong thing even with the right information then flame them all you want but at least give them a chance to do the right thing.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think approaching in the Head Pastor would be a good idea, stating the facts about DD and health issues etc.

I agree. Especially showing them the consequences. Like the huge number of small fluffies that Rescues like Monika's have to rescue.

I think approaching in the Head Pastor would be a good idea, stating the facts about DD and health issues etc.

I agree. Especially showing them the consequences. Like the huge number of small fluffies that Rescues like Monika's have to rescue.

I agree. At least I didn't see them in the online store just now :( I reckon they won't want negative publicity.

If a church will do that to people,,,,they will do it to animals...

Well then you better start flaming me because I am a Christian and a member of a church.

By my very connection with the church I must according to some on here be an animal abuser.

Come on people, Last I checked this was the dog forum, not the church-bashing forum.