Western Sydney Church Selling Dd's

Crazy Daisy

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll bet it is something like Hillsong Church? Hillsong encourage wealth. In fact, talk to any regualr Hillsong member and they will usually start telling you ways to increase your wealth. There is also another that is simialr to Hillsong, but I can't recall the name of it.

Most religious groups do not actively support wealth as they think of it as encouraging evil or whatever, but not Hillsong. :hug:

I don't feel surprised by this at all... I am currently doing research on the costs of getting married in a church - and it all honesty, I can see why people are turning away from the church and using celebrants. The costs are ridiculous... and my perspective is some churches have cashed in their core values for the almighty $$$ (and I'm talking Anglican and Catholic churches).

But breeding and selling live animals as a way to make profits is an all-time low :thumbsup: Can't stoop much lower than that.

Edited by Kelly_Louise

I hope, at least, they're giving the pups a good clean Christian upbringing!

Not saying I like the idea . .. but I'd say a Church pup is likely to be a bit better than a DD pup bred on a puppy farm and sold through a pet shop. At least it will be clear who is responsible if the pups have genetic health problems or go to their homes with parasites and disease.

You're in la la land.

It doesn't matter if Jesus himself is breeding DD's....it's wrong and unethical full stop.

OMG I googled Amish puppy mills and OMG I wish I hadn't!

I think letters to the pastor or whatever he is and go to a current affair show, making sure you make sure they understand that purebred ethical people do all the genetic testing etc.

Sickening.

I think from what you said in the first post, they have one or two bitches each to breed ?

Thats going to make it harder to get publicity for or make a moral stand on, as they will be able to claim they are not puppy farms as such, there won't be any footage for the media with the shock value of hundreds of little dogs in appalling conditions.

Just so damn immoral, but then organised religion has never practiced morality :-(

fifi

edited to make sense !

Edited by fifi

Where actually is the breeding going on? Are the dog with some parishoners or what? Do you know any more?

If you PM me the details, I am happy to write a letter (polite, but informative) to the Head Person.

From what I could gather they give the bitches to other parishioners to raise until they are old enough to be bred from and then sell the puppies from the litters. I really felt too sick to ask too many questions. Sometimes the more questions you ask the more interested you seem and the more people take it that you are condoning what is being done. I was more interested in getting across why I thought it was wrong.

I think your right Fifi. There probably aren't any large kennels of dogs to make it look like a backyard breeder. They are probably breeding them in their homes so they can say they have been home reared. :thumbsup:

I don't know the conditions of the dogs and how they are being homed. I'm concerned that this is being done for profit and was hoping someone else had heard of it and could give a few more reasons why they would think this is acceptable.

Most of us that have been on this forum for long enough will know that done correctly breeding dogs does not turn a large profit, if at all.

I wonder what they are going to do when people stop buying the puppies?

Will they keep ALL the spares or dump them?? Maybe place with just anyone, who will dump them later anyway?

I would be writing and stressing the compulsory microchipping BEFORE they sell the puppies.

Maybe if the puppies end up being not such a profit then they'll start baking more cookies..

You might find they sell them on jumble/fete days also..

I have seen this before. By people from the church,,, the church wasn't breeding them,,,just allowed it's members to bring pups and sell them at fetes etc. (mainly crosses from unwanted litters)

Don't think for a second because they are god squader's all will be sweet,

some of the biggest puppy farms in the US are run by the Amish.

fifi

edit....do a google search on Amish puppy mills :-(((

We have a large population of a religion similar to the Amish in our town and when one of the local airports closed down they purchased the land and ran a puppy mill out of the hangars. This religion does not keep pets of any type, they see all animals just as stock, either to be eaten or to be sold and make money from.

I was very pleased to see the other day when I went passed that they are now a machinery business out of the hangar, it is no longer a puppy mill. My only hope is that they didn't just move it somewhere else.

Gosh,,

I know a guy was devout Catholic,,,,in his aged years was diagnosed as schitzo,,,,was a great guy but rambled alot at times..

Church kicked him...didn't want to know him,,,,,was too much trouble...

If a church will do that to people,,,,they will do it to animals...

this just makes me so mad :laugh: and so sad :) . I'm disgusted. I won't even get started on these so called 'churches' that seem to pop up all over the place :love:

I think approaching in the Head Pastor would be a good idea, stating the facts about DD and health issues etc.