Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

Thanks littlehoot.. He's getting a little whiney now.. Think he's missing his mum...

Oakeydoak1, I know what you mean.. Mine's the same.. I think I took about a 1000 photos just to get these 3.. Would love to get a SLR but just don't have the cash flow at the moment... I guess we just keep trying and hope to catch that perfect moment... :)

Badger is home! He was such a star in the car.. Just settled down and slept the whole way back.. He alternates between frenzied playing activity with the kids and then just conks out in his dog bed.. He's already 'bonding' with his new fluffy teddy.. We love him so much already! He's such a character.. And his little bark is the cutest sound ever!

Here are some pics to start off with..

13.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

So cute Congratulations!

Badger is adorable, congratulations.

We got puppy cuddles today at the dog show. The current litter is 8 weeks, OMG, now I'm even more clucky than before and we don't even know when we'll be getting our pup. :) The breeder is running on two of the tri girls, I politely told her if either don't work out, its welcome here. The pups were so snuggly and playful. One of their older dogs was playing with my son the whole time, so heart warming. The breeder we're going with breeds dogs with the best temperments, so I must be patient, its not easy though.

How exciting, so what is everyone getting? sorry for being ignorent but I don't look at the first page anymore. Is anyone else like me and can't resist buying stuff? I did my groceries this afternoon and bought another chew toy, one very spoilt puppy winston will be...

:) yes! I went to petbarn to get some cat food today and left with a few bones and a car harness. When I ordered his crate the other day I ended up getting a bed as well. I'm sure there'll be a lot more between now and next week, too.. ;)

I think we have most of the things we need. Just waiting for the crate/bed to show up which should happen this week. I want to get him a few more toys, and I'll need to get his food but forgot to ask what he's eating so I'll do that later on. When we lost our last pup we'd just ordered him a collar and name tag...they showed up while we were burying him :):) After a bit of thought we have decided to use them for this pup, but I think that may make for a hard moment. :cooldance:

It's my son's birthday on Saturday so we're flat out financially trying to organize his party/presents and get all this puppy stuff lol, bit of a stresser! Oh well, both will be worth it in the end. :)

Oh, and we're getting a staffy. :cooldance:

Edited by FD26

Today's the day! AT LAST!! Off to fetch Badger in an hour... :):) ;) :)

It's a 2 hour drive so should be back early afternoon..

Just wanted to say thanks to all of you on this thread... Sharing in 'the waiting game' has helped time go faster... :)

Will post pics soon...

Woohoo! How exciting. How'd the first day go? He's a cutie :cooldance:

Thanks littlehoot.. He's getting a little whiney now.. Think he's missing his mum...

Oakeydoak1, I know what you mean.. Mine's the same.. I think I took about a 1000 photos just to get these 3.. Would love to get a SLR but just don't have the cash flow at the moment... I guess we just keep trying and hope to catch that perfect moment... :(

My hubby told me yesterday we can buy a new camera. We are expecting a litter of puppies in a month and I really need a good camera for that. Now just what to get!!

JaxD, hope Badger was good overnight for you.

Didles, any news on your pup, hope he is feeling much better and will be joining you soon.

This week my plan is to make myself very very busy while DD is at school to make the days go quicker.

Also is anyone going to be showing their new addition?

Well still no puppy and am starting to think the worst. Hubby rang yesterday to be told that he is at the vets and needs to be there for three days for the vet to clear him, which sounded strange to me considering it was a " reaction to vaccinations" so I went up to our vet yesterday, only at end of street very handy, and they thought that is strange and a bit much as a 3 day stay in there eyes is one very sick puppy.

So another thing the breeder has removed all ads and breeder listings from the dogzonline site (this is were we found them) Which has me thinking big time. But what I dont get is that we physically saw the pups and picked him out. The guys story is changing and he wont lock in a time to pick up as suggested leaving till this Friday coming.

Very strange.

On another note, boy that pup is tooooo cute. Hope you are very loads of fun with him.

Well still no puppy and am starting to think the worst. Hubby rang yesterday to be told that he is at the vets and needs to be there for three days for the vet to clear him, which sounded strange to me considering it was a " reaction to vaccinations" so I went up to our vet yesterday, only at end of street very handy, and they thought that is strange and a bit much as a 3 day stay in there eyes is one very sick puppy.

So another thing the breeder has removed all ads and breeder listings from the dogzonline site (this is were we found them) Which has me thinking big time. But what I dont get is that we physically saw the pups and picked him out. The guys story is changing and he wont lock in a time to pick up as suggested leaving till this Friday coming.

Very strange.

On another note, boy that pup is tooooo cute. Hope you are very loads of fun with him.

Did hubby ask why he was at the vet? Perhaps you can ask for the vet's phone number as well and give them a ring to see what's happening. I imagine that should be fairly standard anyway. I would think all sorts of things could go wrong when they're pups? Hope he's better for you soon. :(

Yes and was told the same thing, it's not that it's that they removed everything to do with themselves, puppies listing, breeder listings everything, thats why I am thinking the worst. I would ask for the vets number if they answer the phone.

Yes we did pay a deposit when we picked him not much but still a few hundred dollars, they did ask for a direct deposit for the rest but I said no will pay when I pick him up.

Didles, sorry to hear about all the drama with your puppy.. Please keep us all posted. Holding thumbs that everything turns out okay..

Badger had an awesome first night... I put him in his crate just before I went to shower, he whined for about 20 seconds and then was quiet so I crept over to that side of the bed to check him and he was passed out! So cute! Still didn't stir with us getting ready for bed, chatting etc and then he woke at 2am, I took him out for a pee, put him back in his crate and he whined for about 10 seconds before passing out again.. :( When he woke at 5.00, he had a pee and then we played on the bed for 15mins and then put him back in his crate and we all went back to sleep for another hour.. So here's hoping night two will go as well...

Here's a pic of him passed out in his crate before I even got into bed.. Gotta love him!

DSCF0045.jpg