Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

I've just got a flat collar and lead because thats all I've ever used.

I still need to get:

- a bed (to go in the crate)

- a Kong (absolute must have in our household)

- Toys (including a soft one to cuddle)

- Water and food bowls

- Puppy Food

- worming/ flea protection

- grooming tools

- We have booked into a puppy preschool

and I'm sure I've left stuff off this list but its all I can think of at the moment

So we just got in contact with our breeder and our little pup should be flying in next week. Still organizing the day!

Yes I still have to get her a soft toy and a blanket. We are still organizing puppy school too. We only got a puppy in December so we are pretty much still organized from him haha :( so exciting!

12 days for me!! all going to plan that is :)

I have everything and then some bahaha i have a pen for her to be in outside as well as i have a 15 yr old who doesnt LOVE puppies in his face all the time so while im not home she will be outside in her pen and Beau can talk to her throught the wire :laugh:

I got a rogz lead set with a flat martingale collar but it wont fit her for a few weeks so she will be on whatever i have lyeing around - noose leads

I need food bowl though lol cant find one i like hahahaha Need her food as well but its raw so ill do a huge bulk buy closer to the date...

SO EXCITED!! i get to pick her reg name as well but im stuck between a few :S

What kind of dog is your pup?

That reminds me I have to go pick up my pen as well haha thanks for that :)

Have you decided on a short name? I chose My little girls registered name Balkana Hollywood Dream. Holly for short. As far as I know.

Are you picking up your pup or is she interstate?

How exciting!!!

She is a golden retriever and will be a show baby :) So pet name is picked but it top secret for now hahah when i post her coming home pics u can see the name.. its not popular with my friends but boo to them i like it hahah Reg name i have a few im trying to pick fromm.. so will wait and see and ill post when i decide :laugh::)

I will be picking her up the breeder lives 15 mins from my house, too easy haha

I cannot wait i have been waiting for 2 yrs!! then i waited once the bitch was mated and waited through the ultrasounds and whelping... and now waiting till week 8 to see if there is a suitable bitch pup to show :mad:) soo excited!

12 days for me!! all going to plan that is :o

I have everything and then some bahaha i have a pen for her to be in outside as well as i have a 15 yr old who doesnt LOVE puppies in his face all the time so while im not home she will be outside in her pen and Beau can talk to her throught the wire :(

I got a rogz lead set with a flat martingale collar but it wont fit her for a few weeks so she will be on whatever i have lyeing around - noose leads

I need food bowl though lol cant find one i like hahahaha Need her food as well but its raw so ill do a huge bulk buy closer to the date...

SO EXCITED!! i get to pick her reg name as well but im stuck between a few :S

nice, where you getting your rogz lead and collar from?

I'm glad you don't care what your friends think. I bet it's the best name!

You've been waiting for ages. I thought 5 months was a long time but I cannot imagin 2 years. So are you showing her?

It's good that the breeder lives close :o

lead and collar were from petsonthepark?? or somehting?? web site.. they were great i got heaps of toys and stuff from them as well.

Turns out i have a new fav name now bahaha im torn between 2... so now she has no reg name or pet name as yet bahaha

She will be my first show baby - i handle a leonberger atm but she isnt mine... i plan forthis girl to be my foundation bitch for my breeding program - all goign to plan so i have big dreams for my baby girl :):)

I have visited the puppies a few times and i still catn get over the fact that she is in there somewhere i just dont know who she is yet :eek::)

Kirst, most people weren't keen on Ren's name either, but my dog, my name and I think it suits him. You choose whatever you like best.

Can't wait to meet her. We really need to book a puppy Kepala day when she's a little bit older.

Edited by SmoothieGirl

she will be there in may... but ill try not to go int he big dog area unless i carry her.. i dont want her to get bowled over.. and the other puppies are bigger now and can handle the boofer doggies...

I have decided on a pet name now so yay!!! just need a reg name!!

I only got a anti slip water bowl and a wire crate for my pup so far, what kind of toys you guys purchased? I'm thinking of getting alot of kong products, as they are usually trusted and safe, im scared one day they might choke on something, so looking for the good reliable products and not just giving anything to my pup to play with.

goldens are chewers so i have plenty of kongs and teething toys i have a few toys with stuffing but those wont be left unattended till she is older... but squeekys are awesome!! i also got one of those teddies that has a water bottle inside instead of stuffing and a kong unstuffable with is a teddy with no filling... i can see if i brought heaps of normal stuffed teddies i would have it from one end of the house to the other lol i think get a few things u liek then see what ur puppies likes best u might find they hate teddies so buying 30 of them would be a waste lol get a selection and see what they want... im in the process of manking a shopping list for kong filling recipies and and things like that cause my baby will be coming to work on her second day home lol and whilst she will be in her pen right next to me i dont want her getting bored and annoying everyone hahaha

I web toy shopping yesterday and got heaps of soft toys for my pup. Silkys are fairly gental and like to snuggle with their toys. I also got a mini chew toy and a few squeaky toys. I found her a little teather that looks like a baby you, but it's a puppy one. Also picked up a play pen yesterday and puppy training pads! Only a few more days!!!! :laugh:

u said u are showing her arnt u? do u have a crate for her to crate train in? and a showlead?? listen to me i can alwasy think of more doggie stuff to buy bahahaha

I have a few cuddle toys that i hope survive awhile!! one is a present from a kid who i consider my little bro i never had hahaha he gave my puppy a yellow duck that squeaks very cute!!

u said u are showing her arnt u? do u have a crate for her to crate train in? and a showlead?? listen to me i can alwasy think of more doggie stuff to buy bahahaha

I also have the crate games DVD (as well as some other DVDs and books) which I'd recommend. I have used crate games with my current boy and it helped so much!

I have a few cuddle toys that i hope survive awhile!! one is a present from a kid who i consider my little bro i never had hahaha he gave my puppy a yellow duck that squeaks very cute!!

Yeah we are showing her. We are using show leads for every day use. We have about 7 lol :( I'm organized I have a freight creat for when we go to the mainland lol :( so I'll use that to transport her in when she's a bit bigger, but for now we are using a cat creat :rainbowbridge:

Naww that is just so sweat :rainbowbridge: hopefully they last!

Not long now for us!!!! Yay!