Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

P.S. Sorry, can we have a brief name chat? OH thinks Mikka (pronounced Mee-kah) is too girly. Kimi is too close to XH's new pup's name (Vinnie).

I like Heikki (Hay-kee), Jaakko (Yar-koh), Timo (Tee-moh) and Riku (Ree-koo).

The conundrum I have is, how do I pronounce them with the appropriate accent without sounding like a tool? :laugh:

Ummm yes the pronunciation of these names make it tricky.

To me Mikka sounds feminine. Heikki is my favourite from that list :) I thought Ronan was really good.

Ok, now help me :D

I have-

Anika/Anika/Anica- means grace, beautiful face and variants of these.

Danika/Danica- means morning star

Vespera- means evening star

Zara- light

Aquila

Sari- noble lady or princess

I started looking at blue sorts of names because of her blue eye. There's a Sinnika (sp?) lappie already in Au, which means blue in Finnish.

There's Saphira (various spellings) and Azure.

Snofyre suggested Frank/Frankie because of the blue eye :laugh:

Ambrosia I love Annika and Zara especially, but they are all pretty :D

I like Ronan too. Alright, I won't mention any more names until he's here and I can look at his face :p

Wadz, I love your names! Barney is a wonderful name for a Newfie!

Anna, I like Heikki and Riku. I'm pretty sure that Mikka Hachinen (no idea how to spell his surname) is anything but girly, he's a F1 driver.

Ambrosia, spoilt for choice with your names, like them all. I used to work with a Danika, she's lovely girl and very pretty too. I've got a soft spot for Zara too, but with my cat being call Lara, that's not going to be a name I can use for quite a while.

P.S. Sorry, can we have a brief name chat? OH thinks Mikka (pronounced Mee-kah) is too girly. Kimi is too close to XH's new pup's name (Vinnie).

I like Heikki (Hay-kee), Jaakko (Yar-koh), Timo (Tee-moh) and Riku (Ree-koo).

The conundrum I have is, how do I pronounce them with the appropriate accent without sounding like a tool? :laugh:

I really like Riku, very unique :)

I have-

Zara- light

Aquila

I started looking at blue sorts of names because of her blue eye. There's a Sinnika (sp?) lappie already in Au, which means blue in Finnish.

I really like Sari and Saphira. All your names are very girly and pretty though, great choices! One of Moose's brothers is going to be named Frankie by his new family :)

Riku is an awesome name :) and I love the names zara and Danika :)

Haha I wanted to call our little girl nana but no one would go for it lol :) haha I'm so keen for a big cuddle from Barney. Hopefully the litter arrives this week :) Maddy is 2 weeks and 2 days today! I'm so excited about getting her!

Guest HarperGD

Hi all!!

FINALLY! After waiting and waiting for what seems like fooooreever my mini poodle arrives tomorrow!!

He's flying up from his breeder down in Victoria and I'm so excited.

Prepare to be flooded with poodle pics :D

:cheer:

Ummm yes the pronunciation of these names make it tricky.

To me Mikka sounds feminine. Heikki is my favourite from that list :) I thought Ronan was really good.

I have-

Zara- light

Aquila

I think you should stick to your 'A' theme ;)

I like Anika. That's my besties name. There are two ways to pronounce it though and people always got hers wrong.

Her's was pronounced Ah nee kah but half our teachers called her Annie ka

I think you should stick to your 'A' theme ;)

I like Anika. That's my besties name. There are two ways to pronounce it though and people always got hers wrong.

Her's was pronounced Ah nee kah but half our teachers called her Annie ka

Thanks ETH, yes I think the 'A' theme is going to be the winner.

Thanks for adding food for thought re pronunciation.

Harper- will be checking for your pics tomorrow, good luck :)

Hello puppy people,I'm very excited to be able to join the thread finally! I've been watching it since it started dying to be in it and finally am!

This is Riley :love: :

post-31865-0-36915400-1307061502_thumb.jpg post-31865-0-43111100-1307061507_thumb.jpg

I got my first pics of him last night and am so excited now! It's been easier to wait without having seen him but now that I have I just want him home to cuddle!! I pick him up on the 18th, so only two weeks to go.

Picking names is hard! I wanted to wait until I met Riley before naming him but the breeders obviously wanted to start teaching him his name and Riley was at the top of the list on the day so that's what I went with. I might change it if it doesn't suit him but I somehow think it will stick now!

Anna I like Riku, I also like Mikka though, I don't think it's too girly! I suppose your OH should get a say though... :rolleyes:

Ambrosia, I like Zara too. I also have a good friend called Annika (Annie-ka) but I actually think A-nee-ka would be good for a pretty dog! Oh, I like Frankie too, although it's not exactly a pretty girly name, hehe.

Now, Harper where are the Poodle puppy pics???

Saxonpup Riley is gorgeous!!!! You are right, it is so much harder once you now which one is yours and have their pictures.

Thanks for everyone's feedback on names. It is difficult as you will be saying their name daily for 10-15 years. It's funny though once they are old you cannot imagine them with any other name.

Please someone tell me I'm not crazy, just went looking for the Amber pup which was a gorgeous different coloured Border Collie, or at least I think it was and can't find it... Or did I have two threads open and reply in the wrong one.... oh dear, perhaps I should have an early night.