Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

Guest belgian.blue
Myzchev ~ I'm sorry you went through all this crap. Its horrible all the thoughts and worries that go through your mind and all the bleeding "What if's????" I agree with you BB should have asked you and not listened to others and their opinions. BB has been reading this thread, so yes she will see it. I have seen her in here a few times. Thank you though for coming in and stating the facts for us and for her.

BF

I never started rumours about Myzchev and her dogs. Another breeder over East told me incorrect information and a friend who has Belgians cleared this up for me. I never said anything about this on DOL, never!

While we're all at it .. anyone else want to have a go at me? Feel free, I'm already feeling very low so going a little more low can't hurt.

I'm feeling pretty darn useless and I'm sorry for all the shit I've stirred up. I know I'm very much hated around here, so I'm going to leave Dol.

Good luck to all and feel free to kick dirt at me if you ever see me in the streets. By the sounds of it, I deserve it.

I did not say you brought it up on DOL - another breeder contacted me - not the one original one that you talked to, but another breeder. They told me what was being said about my litter. You where the one who brought it up originally with the person who gave you the false information - why not contact me instead? I could have given you a complete run down of my bloodlines and the reason that I got Tervs.

I am afraid I don't feel sorry for you at the moment, maybe I will one day in the distant future. But please let this be a lesson to you [i mean this nicely] PLEASE, PLEASE contact the breeder. As you have no idea, the stress and the tears that you have caused me. It is a dreadful thing to think that you might not be able to register a litter that you have been praying to happen for 2 years!!!

This was to be my Grand Champions last litter - I was lucky not to loose her to pyometria early last year, so this litter is almost a miracle. To think that all the planning and the money I had spent, as I had to bring the sire over from Tasmania, then Angel had an emergency caeser as the last 3 pups where not forthcoming might come to naught if I could not find even more money for DNA tests. So try and imagine my distress when breeders started contacting me to tell me what was being said about my litter? Don't worry the person who gave you the false information has not been forgiven and nor will she be in the forseeable future [if ever]

Also for the record - and the puppy buyers have receipts to prove it I charged $800 for my pet puppies and my show pups when for $1500.00. The Terv was given to my mother as a gift and I kept 1.

I'm truly sorry, I never said it to make you look bad .. as I said in the PM I didn't beleive what said person first told me so I asked said puppy owner and other said breeder and they both cleared it up for me. It was all in passing conversation.

I have no excuse for not asking you personally, I really didn't see it would cause such a problem as two Belgian owners cleared it up for me. I had no idea it would come to this.

I'm a sweet natured person who would never say anything to harm anyone but I have defiantly learnt my lesson. I don't talk much but when I do I hurt people.

Again I'm publicly very, very sorry :laugh:

BB ~ I didn't mean anything against you in my post in reply to myzchev. I so know how saying something can and does get you into trouble, and you wish the world would just swallow you up. A mistake was made, and there's nothing you can do to change that. If you learn by your mistakes it will make you a better person, some people never learn. And saying anything at all on a public forum other than mentioning your own business is open to all sorts of interpretations by everyone....good or bad. I can also understand the heartache myzchev has been through and I hope the person that started all this gets their just desserts :eek: What's done is done and that can't be changed. So wipe the slate clean and from now on if you have questions concerning a particular breed ask the breeder concerned. If you have any questions about puppies in general ask here, we are as interested as you are and some of us here might be able to help you :cry:

Lily ~ I agree ignorance is bliss, but not from my eyes looking out.....Zoe decided that crying every 30 minutes to an hour all night was fun...why oh why don't pups lose their voice :cry: I dragged myself out of bed at 5am, made a cuppa, sat down and after a bit of play Zoe decided she was tired and slept in my lap until everyone else joined me at 7:30am :)

Zoe has now learned to climb on the lounge by herself......well not really by herself, but with some help of a stool. She jumps on the stool and then onto the lounge.....she can't get down though.... she has jumped from the arm of the chair and my heart skipped a beat as I instantly thought, broken leg, head injuries....she was fine but :laugh:

I have also learned that the Liver treat biscuits for the Kongs can cause black chronic diarrhea...so only give sparingly OK? :(

BF

Myzchev ~ I'm sorry you went through all this crap. Its horrible all the thoughts and worries that go through your mind and all the bleeding "What if's????" I agree with you BB should have asked you and not listened to others and their opinions. BB has been reading this thread, so yes she will see it. I have seen her in here a few times. Thank you though for coming in and stating the facts for us and for her.

BF

I never started rumours about Myzchev and her dogs. Another breeder over East told me incorrect information and a friend who has Belgians cleared this up for me. I never said anything about this on DOL, never!

While we're all at it .. anyone else want to have a go at me? Feel free, I'm already feeling very low so going a little more low can't hurt.

I'm feeling pretty darn useless and I'm sorry for all the shit I've stirred up. I know I'm very much hated around here, so I'm going to leave Dol.

Good luck to all and feel free to kick dirt at me if you ever see me in the streets. By the sounds of it, I deserve it.

I did not say you brought it up on DOL - another breeder contacted me - not the one original one that you talked to, but another breeder. They told me what was being said about my litter. You where the one who brought it up originally with the person who gave you the false information - why not contact me instead? I could have given you a complete run down of my bloodlines and the reason that I got Tervs.

I am afraid I don't feel sorry for you at the moment, maybe I will one day in the distant future. But please let this be a lesson to you [i mean this nicely] PLEASE, PLEASE contact the breeder. As you have no idea, the stress and the tears that you have caused me. It is a dreadful thing to think that you might not be able to register a litter that you have been praying to happen for 2 years!!!

This was to be my Grand Champions last litter - I was lucky not to loose her to pyometria early last year, so this litter is almost a miracle. To think that all the planning and the money I had spent, as I had to bring the sire over from Tasmania, then Angel had an emergency caeser as the last 3 pups where not forthcoming might come to naught if I could not find even more money for DNA tests. So try and imagine my distress when breeders started contacting me to tell me what was being said about my litter? Don't worry the person who gave you the false information has not been forgiven and nor will she be in the forseeable future [if ever]

Also for the record - and the puppy buyers have receipts to prove it I charged $800 for my pet puppies and my show pups when for $1500.00. The Terv was given to my mother as a gift and I kept 1.

I'm truly sorry, I never said it to make you look bad .. as I said in the PM I didn't beleive what said person first told me so I asked said puppy owner and other said breeder and they both cleared it up for me. It was all in passing conversation.

I have no excuse for not asking you personally, I really didn't see it would cause such a problem as two Belgian owners cleared it up for me. I had no idea it would come to this.

I'm a sweet natured person who would never say anything to harm anyone but I have defiantly learnt my lesson. I don't talk much but when I do I hurt people.

Again I'm publicly very, very sorry :shrug:

Belgian Blue and I are sorting this out privately - I would like to state that I should have done this in the first place. The anger and hurt I felt was eating at me and I was not thinking as I should about it.

I will not be making any more comments about it publicly

Zoe has now learned to climb on the lounge by herself......well not really by herself, but with some help of a stool. She jumps on the stool and then onto the lounge

This makes me thankful to have a non-innovative dog - your tiny girl is clever to work out how to get where she wants (the couch) and the mere idea has not even crossed my giant lug of a labrador's mind :eek: His head easily comes above the couch when he sits - he could get up there with no difficulties if he tried. It's just never occured to the silly sod to try :confused:

How exciting, Lauren!

Lauren ~ ...and counting :laugh: lots of pics remember!!!

Niques ~ Yes she is smart, in a devilish kind of way :eek: I will see if I can get a picture of her and the lounge to give you an idea of her size. When she is standing on her back legs her head just comes over the lounge cushion :confused: She has now undone the hammock that was attached to the cat scratch post, she loves to sleep on the base of this....poor cat doesn't get the chance to use it unless Zoe is busy elsewhere. The cat had a cardboard box she loved to jump into in the lounge, Zoe ate a hole through one end, so now its outside. The cat has one more stronger box left :confused::laugh: I wonder how long until she gets through that...she has started already :rofl:

BF

BF - dogs are smart animals aren't they? Oreo learns how to escape from the play tent as soon as I open up a bit. He also bites and scratches me so hard that it seems that I had been caned.

Lauren - how exciting! More piccys please.

Oreo needs like 2 hours of rough play to get him worn out. He is only 9 weeks old. I don't know what he will grow into!! (jaw drops)

Nic

BF - dogs are smart animals aren't they? Oreo learns how to escape from the play tent as soon as I open up a bit. He also bites and scratches me so hard that it seems that I had been caned.

Lauren - how exciting! More piccys please.

Oreo needs like 2 hours of rough play to get him worn out. He is only 9 weeks old. I don't know what he will grow into!! (jaw drops)

Nic

Don't let him do this Nic.. its a fast track to joint problems. :eek: Working his mind will be just as effective in tiring him out and far less wear and tear.

Edited by poodlefan

Myzchev ~ I am glad BB and you are working this out in pms. I hope it all gets sorted and everything for you both can go back to normal....well as normal as it can be :thumbsup:

BF

:thumbsup: I own Belgian Shepherds - nothing in my life is normal :cry: I have just got used to living in a mad house :thumbsup:

Jodi ~ My :):rofl: How exciting the countdown of course begins now until she has the puppies, then once you know what sexes the puppies are hopefully you can countdown again, but we are here with you all the way.

Myzchev ~ Its a mad house here too, we are about to start renovations on the kitchen, and still trying to get the back yard finished so Zoe can go outside without a lead...

Nic ~ I agree with Poodlefan I do more things like hiding treats (I use dry food biscuits) and getting Zoe to find them, then rough and tumble play. You can hide treats inside and out and it gives Oreo hours of fun and stimulation, and this will wear him out too.

Another full night of crying...... ;) Zoe is going to the vet today, she has had diarrhea for about a week, it was black but now its the right colour but wrong consistency. I had to change her diet as we couldn't buy the food the breeder suggested, I did this over 8 meals so it was slow. I have given her Liver treats for her kong and it was suggested this was the culprit....but she hasn't had them for days....so its not this, other than sardines every 2-3 days she is just on dry food. The breeder said she had been wormed....so I'm at a loss as to what it might be.

BF

The appointment is this afternoon so I will be back after to let you know.

Edited by Bluefairy

Jodi, fingers crossed she's pregnant and there's a little pup in there for you!

BF, poor Zoe! I hope her diarrhea is easily cured.

And crying all night! You have my sympathies! James has started spending 30-60 minutes barking each morning. God knows why - his bed time has gradually slid back to an hour (at least!) later than it initially was. You'd think he'd sleep more, not less! Very frustrating.

We gave him his first bath yesterday. That was chaos. He was not a fan of it at all and had a complete freakout whilst I was hosing him off. Not sure of the point of bathing him, really - we did it just to get him used to the experience, but he really just doesn't get dirty. Dirt does not stick to him. So I think we'll not do that again for a long time.

Hi everyone! Maggie arrived safely, we are so happy with her, she is just gorgeous!

Took her home and gave her some lunch and a drink, which she absolutely gobbled up! Then took her out for about 45 minutes to try and get her to do her buisness, but no luck - she just kept lying on the ground looking completely exhausted and ready for a sleep! So we thought that we would get some lunch ourselves and put her in the crate while we cooked. Meanwhile Maggie howled and cried, and we thought, let's be strong! After our lunch was ready to eat, we decided to sit in our lounge room next to the crate, but she got even worse after that! So we weakened and let her out, only to find her beautiful new bed wee'd on of course! Ok trying to get her to rest now, but she's waking up to the smallest sounds! Turned the TV off now so that might help!

Do goldens normally breathe this loudly when trying to sleep?!

Photo's to come soon!

:) What a day..... :p

I went into town, parked the car, water is pouring from under the front....thought crap the bottom hose on the radiator has gone. I called OH who happened to be at work 150km away, tried ringing a mechanic but no-one was there. I ended up joining the RAA (I have been meaning to do that for a while) so $180 later they called a repairer out for me. I had to wait nearly an hour in the car, but he finely made it, luckily I had bought us all a drink. The guy had to remove the thermostat, and replace the radiator cap. The radiator needs flushing out, but at least I was able to get it fixed so I could drive it around for a while.

This then made us late for everything. I had to run around doing shopping and buying my grandson a 5th Birthday present for this month. Then we grabbed lunch, and got home long enough to breathe then off to the vet.....same distance from town, just the opposite direction.

The vet checked to see if Zoe had a microchip, nope, so while I fed her treats the vet put a microchip in, vaccinated her and wormed her without her batting an eyelid :rofl: She thinks Zoe either has worms or its an upset stomach probably from the food. So she said it should be fine and has given her a Royal Canine Puppy food, she said it is better suited to a more sensitive stomach, and should settle down soon. To thank the vet Zoe crapped on her floor :rofl:

Anyway Zoe's temp is fine, she doesn't have Luxating Platella's (I think thats what they call it) thats for the Insurance company, she weighs 2.8kg but was hard as Zoe wouldn't stay still :rofl: and she needs one more booster shot in a year then she can have 3 yearly vaccinations from then on. So YAH :laugh:

Niques ~ I thought it was supposed to improve with time, but nope it seems to go up and down. I need to bath Zoe too, I have done her ears and face folds, she doesn't mind that, in fact she sits there and makes noises like she enjoys it sooo much :mad I'll let you know how the bath goes.... ;)

Lauren ~ God its hard isn't it? I wouldn't switch the TV off, I'd do everything you normally do, make as much noise as you like, the dogs will eventually get used to it. I suffer from hayfever and I sneeze a lot, when Zoe is sleeping, and I sneeze, she wakes up watches me then lays back down and goes back to sleep. As for the crate, I don't know what to do.....I am so exhausted....I am going to bed late and waking up at 5-5:30am and not sleeping much in between. I left Zoe while I went into town for the first time....I wish I knew if you can hear her outside the house.....

BF

Edited by Bluefairy

Jodi1981 - how exciting! The pregnancy countdown is so hard, I think I found it harder than waiting for the puppy to come home (he is now 16 days old).

Lauren Golden - congratulations on Maggie's safe arrival - can't wait to see photos.

BF - what a day you had! Sounds like a good report from the vet (love Zoe's thank you!!!). Good to hear you have a vet who supports three yearly vaccinations. I'm not sure how to find one - I guess I'll have to do some ringing around. Do you know if you can do obedience/agility etc if your dog is only vaccinated three yearly but your vet supports this? Just something I've been thinking about. I hope you get some sleep soon. I don't do well with no sleep so I'm praying my puppy settles quickly when I get him home.

Edited by Lily123

Crate training is so hard. I achieved nothing. Haha but at least my boy does not soil his play tent(which is good).

Lauren - you should listen to my boy. He breath so loudly -.- and he runs in his dreams(I know this because I peeped at him when he sleep and his legs are moving so quickly). He is making so much noise with his legs as he scratches the play tent.

BF - it's all right. It's during the day. Haha hope your neighbour doesn't mind! I agree with you BF. Just let the puppy get used to all the sounds.

Usually my boy will struggle to be let go when he is being carried but if I bring him for a walk(in my arms), he doesn't move 1 bit. He has such a short attention span. Been trying to teach him stuff and he keeps getting distracted. Last night we learn a lot at the puppy school. But it's so hard to train Oreo. Need more patience and time.

:) What a day..... :p

I went into town, parked the car, water is pouring from under the front....thought crap the bottom hose on the radiator has gone. I called OH who happened to be at work 150km away, tried ringing a mechanic but no-one was there. I ended up joining the RAA (I have been meaning to do that for a while) so $180 later they called a repairer out for me. I had to wait nearly an hour in the car, but he finely made it, luckily I had bought us all a drink. The guy had to remove the thermostat, and replace the radiator cap. The radiator needs flushing out, but at least I was able to get it fixed so I could drive it around for a while.

This then made us late for everything. I had to run around doing shopping and buying my grandson a 5th Birthday present for this month. Then we grabbed lunch, and got home long enough to breathe then off to the vet.....same distance from town, just the opposite direction.

The vet checked to see if Zoe had a microchip, nope, so while I fed her treats the vet put a microchip in, vaccinated her and wormed her without her batting an eyelid :rofl: She thinks Zoe either has worms or its an upset stomach probably from the food. So she said it should be fine and has given her a Royal Canine Puppy food, she said it is better suited to a more sensitive stomach, and should settle down soon. To thank the vet Zoe crapped on her floor :rofl:

Anyway Zoe's temp is fine, she doesn't have Luxating Platella's (I think thats what they call it) thats for the Insurance company, she weighs 2.8kg but was hard as Zoe wouldn't stay still :rofl: and she needs one more booster shot in a year then she can have 3 yearly vaccinations from then on. So YAH :laugh:

Niques ~ I thought it was supposed to improve with time, but nope it seems to go up and down. I need to bath Zoe too, I have done her ears and face folds, she doesn't mind that, in fact she sits there and makes noises like she enjoys it sooo much :mad I'll let you know how the bath goes.... :p

Lauren ~ God its hard isn't it? I wouldn't switch the TV off, I'd do everything you normally do, make as much noise as you like, the dogs will eventually get used to it. I suffer from hayfever and I sneeze a lot, when Zoe is sleeping, and I sneeze, she wakes up watches me then lays back down and goes back to sleep. As for the crate, I don't know what to do.....I am so exhausted....I am going to bed late and waking up at 5-5:30am and not sleeping much in between. I left Zoe while I went into town for the first time....I wish I knew if you can hear her outside the house.....

BF

Hi BF Glad Zoe is ok. Have you thought of maybe trying some raw fresh food like chicken necks if you can source them where you are? Just a thought. ;) Bet you will sleep tonight after your big day. Fingers crossed your baby will too.

she needs one more booster shot in a year then she can have 3 yearly vaccinations from then on. So YAH :rofl:

BF

Hi BF, could you let me know (via PM) which Vet you used that gives the 3 year injections (I know which one you didn't use :rofl: ) as this is something I've been looking into too :laugh:

Thanks in advance,

Jodi